TW Memorial Day Thread

Brasstax

Contributor
Veteran XX
A tip of the hat to all those who have fallen in the wars of years gone by. Their stories may be forgotten but their spirit will be passed on as long as blood flows through the veins of humankind. Or, through the processors of AI ;)

I got to meet Donald Malarkey once before he passed. Shook his hand. It was at a conference on leadership and it was dedicated to him and the members of Easy Company. It was a great honor to hear him speak and tell stories about WWII.

For the most part, war is a stupid activity. The young men often take the brunt of the sacrifice.

I recently read that WWII from the Allied perspective was really a war of love. That was an interesting concept to my mind. Our young men were fighting to get it over with and get back home to those they loved and the things they loved to do. The Axis were driven by conquest and fueled by hate. As well as Pervitin.

It seems so silly for these soldiers to fight to the death when they should be playing games or working together.

Governments never really seem to learn.

Well, here's to the people that gave it all.

Peace and thank you.

Sincerely
Sorry you were killed in Endless wars for the last 100 years instead of defending the United States borders first.
George Bush Jr. was the worst president in history ever

Best hero ever

iu

They died so you could bitch and reeeeeee about the government that sent them to their grave.

True story

and i wont forgot the men who died so you can be allowed all of you to ree about css and dead video game forum addons.

AND I PROUDLY STAAAAND UP NEXT TO UUUUUU

Sincerely
Sorry you were killed in Endless wars for the last 100 years instead of defending the United States borders first.
George Bush Jr. was the worst president in history ever
I have special hatred of junior. Like most Americans, I was fooled into believing we were doing justice/revenge. As for the military, we believe in our mission not necessarily the war.
Worst? Quite possibly specially on the human impact. as for the nation itself, Obama has been the absolute worst and people still celebrate him.

It is hard not to get infuriated with people that have no idea the sacrifice people have made or just make fun of it. As I said this day is not to celebrate the leaders of pointless wars, but the people who actually paid for it.. for today.
This was my one serious post so I can get back to shit posting.

This is a very good video for a day like today, even though it's about UK servicemen. Local papers over the UK printed an add soliciting opinions from veterans about life in the UK in the year 2006. The vets could choose for their response to be anonymous.

Everyone hates living in the UK, thinks the war was not worth it. Every mention of Hitler is about how they he could have just walked into the UK and things would be better. Just imagine if someone did this project for Americans!

I think patriotic veterans will really diminish from America. We're in a post-patriotic USA now. Teens who join now know they are going to fight to bring pride parades to Kiev and just want the college money. There will always be new generations of vets, but the ones who believed in America are going to be a thing of the past. And this will only accelerate if we are indeed letting illegals in the military now.

Speaking of which, there has not been a follow up to all the migrants being bussed to military bases.

I've never wanted to be in the military or in a war. I always thought Id do well in a war though. The Vietnam jungle is easy to navigate compared to the woods of the deep south.

It is hard not to get infuriated with people that have no idea the sacrifice people have made or just make fun of it. As I said this day is not to celebrate the leaders of pointless wars, but the people who actually paid for it.. for today.
This was my one serious post so I can get back to shit posting.
I am trying all day to remember the not to old but black and white movie
that captured the couple that lost a friend they wanted to commemorate for a war...
but the couple refused to remember him that way...
I think it was romantic triangle stuff but...
awesome movie but the mem is lost i'm afraid

I think patriotic veterans will really diminish from America. We're in a post-patriotic USA now. Teens who join now know they are going to fight to bring pride parades to Kiev and just want the college money. There will always be new generations of vets, but the ones who believed in America are going to be a thing of the past. And this will only accelerate if we are indeed letting illegals in the military now.

Speaking of which, there has not been a follow up to all the migrants being bussed to military bases.

I've never wanted to be in the military or in a war. I always thought Id do well in a war though. The Vietnam jungle is easy to navigate compared to the woods of the deep south.
I agree. People who claim to be patriots don't know what the word means. Like anything with the word "Truth" in it, isn't.

I came of age in an unprecedented era of peace. Carter was the first president who didn't start a war. So I never joined up. In fact, in the history of this country, there were only 9 months where, if you were born during, you did not have to register for selective service. Even though we don't have a draft, you still have to register, but I never had to.

When I went to college, everyone there really wanted an education. During the Viet Nam draft, only about 30% really wanted to be there.

When I went to college, everyone there really wanted an education. During the Viet Nam draft, only about 30% really wanted to be there.
After 9/11 recruitment skyrocketed. People dropped out of college to join the military. Because of that event, Patriotism soared across the country.

How quickly that changed to get these absolute shit bag leftist mayors, representatives, senators, and governors in New York.

TBH I am kind of surprised we have not some major attack on a US city with the open borders and flow of military aged men from everywhere except Mexico.

they signed up and then they were shipped off to iraq 2.0 because the boomers fell for it again

Back