[TV Buying Help]Yup this thread again

st60 has ~150ms or greater latency i think. and its hte best plasma to buy for value.

nope, its around 73. and i would not get st60. If you want to game you could get the s60 which has the best latency for plasma. But if you want the best bang for your buck, VT is where its at.

Best low-lag HDTVs for serious gamers | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews

but talking about latency on a tv is stupid IMO. you should not be buying a tv based on its latency unless you are a tiny subset of the population that does competitive console FPS gaming

I game only game casually. I get a bit more competitive in FPS (my bread & butter) games but I still only play for fun.

Those VTs are pretty hard to find in stock and the ones I do find are all over $2000 so I am pretty sure unless they go on a great sale that I will not be able to get one of those.

By roommate do you mean boyfriend?

No you shit barge, By roommate I mean my buddy of the past 17 years and his g/f. You know the normal meaning of that word. The lady I am dating and I are not at live together stage of the relationship.

Looking into my words for a deeper meaning, are you a woman or something?

Shit barge :lol:

I'm glad you're dating a lady. I'm sure she appreciates you dropping $1700 on a TV when you can't afford to live by yourself yet.

Economics :shrug:

But thanks for explaining yourself.

Last edited:
I game only game casually. I get a bit more competitive in FPS (my bread & butter) games but I still only play for fun.

Those VTs are pretty hard to find in stock and the ones I do find are all over $2000 so I am pretty sure unless they go on a great sale that I will not be able to get one of those.

yeah, just wait til the super bowl sales start up and see what you can find. If those don't go on sale, i'd look at the F8000 (LED) or F8500 plasma series from Samsung.

Best TVs: Picture quality - CNET Reviews

if you're not as concerned with picture quality, then i'd just shop around for a good deal on a 60" TV that pops up in the next few weeks. I think there are a lot of quality sets for less than $1500 that you can pick up, they just won't be a top performer picture-wise.

Go to Best Buy and pick out what you like. Then find it cheaper online and order it.

Bro-in-law bought a new Sharp 70"- looks great to me. Said it was between that and the Vizio for him.

This is the correct answer if u want awesome picture quality. Burn in might be an issue if u game too much though. Just avoid watching movies at sunset.
Otherwise just get a Bravia LCD

way better viewing experience even though i do miss the deep deep blacks from time to time

and we all know how much Goshin loves his deep blacks

If you can wait m series by vizio. They are the only Manu doing full array led. Meaning instead of edge lit led on the sides of the screen the light is truly coming from behind.

Best led tv right now ? 55w900a sony.

Hands down panasonic does right by there TVs. I still have my tc-42s1 from 2009 the one I replaced with a Sony.

In the past 5 years my friends top of line samsung and sony both had to be repaired. My panasonic didn't have any problems.

I would have stuck with plasma if I had a room to control lighting like a theater room. However led TVs have come a long way from 2009.

Also don't worry about all the gimmicks on a tv most people turn it off. Look at the specs of the ANSI contrast and black levels. You're buying the panel and the primary color engine of the tv everything else should be secondary. Ie skype/hand gestures

Highly snuggest avsforums.

Hands down panasonic does right by there TVs. I still have my tc-42s1 from 2009 the one I replaced with a Sony.

In the past 5 years my friends top of line samsung and sony both had to be repaired. My panasonic didn't have any problems.

I would have stuck with plasma if I had a room to control lighting like a theater room. However led TVs have come a long way from 2009.

fuck - remember when TV's used to last 10 - 15 years or more. Now we think it's good if they go for 5 years.

I want 60" flat CRT please (but somehow compressed to 3" deep)

Back