Tribute to Martyball

Dr Dance

Veteran X
"There's a gleam, men! Get the gleam!"

Marty-Schottenheimer-1024x576.jpg

Cliffs: Recalling the life of NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer before his recent death.

Legendary NFL head coach Marty Schottenheimer dies at 77

He was the only coach who was fired immediately after his 14-2 Chargers failed to advance in the playoffs after they lost in the opening round.

A great player's coach. Flawed, but well loved.

Ded at 77 from Alzheimers.

He got fired after going 8-8 with the redskins. That was actually a succesfull year by their standard. Synder fired him anyway LOL

He got fired after going 8-8 with the redskins. That was actually a succesful year by their standard. Synder fired him anyway LOL

After starting 0-5, the then Redskins finished the season 8-3 to end up 8-8, a remarkable mid season turn around.

Marty's being fired had more to do with the front office dysfunction than anything else. "Daniel" (as Marty referred to him) was not willing to allow Coach Schottenheimer the necessary powers to make effective changes for the team.

That was then. Now Daniel seems willing to allow current coach Rivera to make these changes without any personal interference.

oh good synder finally learned how to be a non-meddlesome owner 20 years later

One can only hope.

---

We'll know that Daniel had a behavior setback if the WFT suddenly announces out of the blue that they've traded two #1s, two #2s, and Chase Young for the Texan QB Deshaun Watson.

So true it hurts. I've always not so secretly suspected that the rest of the NFC East is doing everything they can to keep synder in charge

I always stumble over your "Synder" deliberate mis-spell. Makes me always think of Lou Alcindor for some reason.

When Marty referred to him as "Daniel," it was always with the countenance of a disapproving parent who was addressing a misbehaving child.

"Daniel!"

marty-schottenheimer-2.jpg

Also, when did you become a Skins fan?

Last edited:
i became a skins fan when they decided 2b racist against white america and changed their name from redskins

i became a skins fan when they decided 2b racist against white america and changed their name from redskins

I think they should have changed their name to Foreskins. Then then you would have a true mixed reaction from fans.

Cliffs: Football celebrity LaVar Arrington blasts the WFT for NOT honoring Schottenheimer after he passed away.

LaVar Arrington rips Washington after death of Marty Schottenheimer

“Y’all didn’t honor him, y’all didn’t give him a fair opportunity,” Arrington said. “We made history that year that he came in, in ’01, and there was a ton of time that you could have honored him. Y’all didn’t honor him, y’all didn’t respect him. In fact, the lack of respect was you guys getting rid of him before he was really able to do what he was supposed to do in Washington.”

Yeah, it was a low blow, Redskins.

Last edited:
Back