pretty sweet addon

r00fies

Veteran XV
okay it isn't an "addon" per se..

Leatrix Latency Fix : WoWInterface Downloads : WoW Tools & Utilities

What does it do?

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your World of Warcraft latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will also see reduced latency in other online games such as Aion, Warhammer and Lord of the Rings. The average reduction in latency (based on feedback from comments) is 66%. Click the Change Log tab above to see a summary of player feedback.

the fuck if i know what that means

found this tonight and tried it out. my ping dropped at least 50% on average, if not more. i can average around 80ms in dalaran at peak hours, wintergrasp i never broke 100ms over a 20 minute battle. i used to average 180-280, breaking 300ms occasionally on a normal day. definitely working for me and seemingly the majority of people who've tried it out in the comments but maybe it's just coincidence.

try it out d00ds

it has an option to revert the changes back to windows default if it doesn't work for you. i'm on windows 7 64bit and haven't had any problems yet. this shit rocks my tits

Last edited:
Or you can just add/change the reg key yourself without installing anything or going through all that trouble. This has been around forever.

Or you can just add/change the reg key yourself without installing anything or going through all that trouble. This has been around forever.

you don't install anything. you run a .vbs script to install and another to revert the changes if you don't like it. it does the work for you and i'm all for that :shrug:

.vbs script
Code:
' --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Script:	setTcpAck.vbs
' Purpose:	Simple little script to clear tcpacktick delays for SMB
' Author:	Hyperus
' Notes:	No Liability Accepted for use under any circumstances
' --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'
Option Explicit

'Const vbYesNo = 4
'Const vbYes = 6
'Const vbNo = 7

Dim objWMIService,colOperatingSystems,objOperatingSystem
Dim nResponse,OSVersion
Dim oShell,sNIC, n

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\cimv2")
Set colOperatingSystems = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objOperatingSystem in colOperatingSystems
    OSVersion = Left(objOperatingSystem.Version,3)
Next

Set objWMIService = nothing
Set colOperatingSystems = nothing
Set objOperatingSystem = nothing

nResponse = MsgBox("Clear TcpAck Delays on this machine. Is this what you want to do?" & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "Click Yes to proceed or No to quit.", vbYesNo, "AddIP")
If nResponse = vbNo Then
	WScript.Echo "*** Script terminated by user ***"
	WScript.Quit 0
End If

Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

For n = 1 To 20
	sNIC = ""
	On Error Resume Next
	sNIC = oShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards\" & CStr(n) & "\ServiceName")
	Err.Clear
	On Error Goto 0

If sNIC <> "" Then
		WScript.Echo "Found Apapter [" & CStr(n) & "] " & sNIC
		Select Case OSVersion
			Case "5.0"
				oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" & sNIC & "\TcpDelAckTicks",0,"REG_DWORD"
				wscript.echo "Writing : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" & sNIC & "\TcpDelAckTicks=0"
			Case "5.1"
				oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" & sNIC & "\TcpAckFrequency",1,"REG_DWORD"
				wscript.echo "Writing : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" & sNIC & "\TcpAckFrequency=1"
			Case "5.2"
				oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" & sNIC & "\TcpAckFrequency",1,"REG_DWORD"
				wscript.echo "Writing : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" & sNIC & "\TcpAckFrequency=1"
			Case "6.0"
			Case "6.1"
			Case Else
				WScript.Echo "'" & OSVersion & "'" & " Operating System not Suppported for this Reg Hack"
		End Select

End If
Next

Set oShell = Nothing

WScript.Echo "Done."

nResponse = MsgBox("The machine must be restarted before these changes will take effect." & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "You must do this manually.", 0, "AddIP - Done!")
WScript.Quit 0

Back