lockpicking

SkivviS

Veteran X
leveling a rogue right now...it's lvl 67, but only has 127 lockpicking skill...so i thought id level that up.

all the guides say to use gallywix's box in the barrens, but i think they changed that because it is unusable by me.

so where should i go to level lockpicking?

World of Roguecraft

^ I can't believe this site is still around. And it still looks the same :p

Footlockers:

A number of areas in the world have footlockers in them. These areas are in place for rogues to visit to increase their lock picking skills. The contents of these footlockers are only token amounts of treasure, but they should allow for a more interesting experience while increasing lock picking skill. The difficulty of the locks in the area corresponds to the level of the zone, so if your lock picking skill is around 100, you would go to Durnholde Keep in Hillsbrad. But if your skill is 250, you might head to Tyr's Hand in Eastern Plaguelands.

Hillsbrad Foothills - Durnholde Keep (Orange: 100? Green: 130? Grey: ???)
Redridge Mountains - Lake Everstill (Orange: 100? Green: 130? Grey: ???)
Ashenvale Forest - Zoram Strand (Orange: 100? Green: 130? Grey: ???)
Stonetalon Mountains - Windshear Crag and Associated Mines (Orange: 100? Green: 130? Grey: ???)
Wetlands - Murloc Camps (Orange: 130? Green: ??? Grey: ???)
Desolace - Sar'theris Strand (Orange: 150? Green: 200? Grey: ???)
Badlands - Angor Fortress (Orange: 180? Green: 230? Grey: ???)
Swamp of Sorrows - Pool of Tears (Orange: ??? Green: ??? Grey: ???)
Searing Gorge - The Slag Pit (Orange: ??? Green: ??? Grey: ???)
Tanaris Desert - Lost Rigger Cove (Orange: 225 Green: ??? Grey: ???)
Azshara - Bay of Storms (Orange: ??? Green: ??? Grey: ???)
Eastern Plaguelands - Tyr's Hand (elite) Orange: 250? Green: ??? Grey: never)

It's been like 4+ years since I level lockpicking on my rogue, but I definately remember doing footlockers in Desolace. The site has some other good sources, like the SM doors and such.

Usually the rogue trainer will tell you where to level, but sometimes it's not completely accurate. I do remember at times from I think 180ish to 220ish it was a pain because all the footlockers were green.

I usually did that to 300 and then picked pockets like mad, most humanoid mobs can carry junkboxes you can pick as well.

Back