Is there no way to make an old iPad functional?

Reggs

Veteran XX
This is truly awful technology. All tech bought from the 80s and 90s works just as well as the day it was purchased. Im visiting family and there is a 2nd gen iPad that can't do a fucking a thing and everything is obscenely slow. It's practically unusable. The only thing I have interest in is reading the news when I drink my coffee.

Is there an easy way to have this iPad load websites just like it did when originally purchased?

a battery for an ipad 2 may be comparable to price for another ipad 6. you might also feed a filipino for a week. ymmv hope you like cold coffee fucker

I have an ipad pro running ios 10 something
Its still as fast as the day i bought it (like 3 years ago or something)
Its pretty great

my wife still uses a 2nd gen ipad we bought in 2011 to watch Netflix in bed, seems to work fine, try resetting it

they throttle x 2 based on my experience but i realize i of other expenses maybe next year

It's not just apple my original nexus tablet is totally useless now it has forced software updates that slow it to a crawl and then if i sync to my more modern phone all updates push and destroy it from working since it cant handle it

Without google account attached it's useless too

I guess thats nature of cloud computing now idk

I could reset but its a coaster at this point not buying another one since i never liked tablets anyway

Another vote for backup/wipe/DFU mode restore to get that speed back.

Also I have a bunch of old iPads and iPod Touches set up as photo frames/Presence cameras and they work great in that role.

Back