I need the expansion to hit.

you didn't raid seriously in classic if you weren't exalted hydraxian

Also I think raiding is much more interesting now. I'm not sure if it's more challenging. The encounters are more challenging, but only needing 25 people to not fuck up vs 40 people to not fuck up is why it may seem easier. The vast majority of classic encounters were too defensively oriented. As long as you don't lose you win. You could viably have 15+ healers in a raid. You don't see a third of the raid being healers anymore since the DPS actually matters. More encounters have adds or mechanics which require alot of dps like enrage. Also I like the lack of trash in the current raid zones.

you didn't raid seriously in classic if you weren't exalted hydraxian
I'm not exalted and I had horde first kills on every boss we ever downed in classic. =p
I stopped running that shit once we were in BWL.

Also I think raiding is much more interesting now. I'm not sure if it's more challenging. The encounters are more challenging, but only needing 25 people to not fuck up vs 40 people to not fuck up is why it may seem easier. The vast majority of classic encounters were too defensively oriented. As long as you don't lose you win. You could viably have 15+ healers in a raid. You don't see a third of the raid being healers anymore since the DPS actually matters. More encounters have adds or mechanics which require alot of dps like enrage. Also I like the lack of trash in the current raid zones.
I agree, they've been consistently making raid instances more complex/better. My only real gripe is with the laughably easy difficulty of normal modes.

Back