Church Food Drive

My church is having a food drive for the homeless in my area. I checked my kitchen shelves for possible contributions. The church list seems to prefer "meals for one" such as canned vegetables, Hormel micro wave meals, canned soups, etc... as opposed to "bulk foods."

I found some Progresso soups that I have stored awhile ago, but haven't eaten. These are 6 months to 18 months out of date. Would they be okay to donate?
Are you going to pretend that you don't live off meals for old single guys who have given up?your first name should be hormel.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Are you going to pretend that you don't live off meals for old single guys who have given up?your first name should be hormel.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Well yeah, "pretending" is kind of a Zoph thing; but, I'm not sure what you mean by "given up." It sounds insulting and cool; but, it's really just cuckspeak.

Now pardon me while I microwave a zoph lunch.

Fuckin hell. I went to a christian school so I'm pretty educated around this 'Jesus' dude. Institutional religion is a fuckin freak show you should fit right in. The new and old testament is very full of shit. About the only story of any real interest is Paul the apostle. Most of the rest of it is horse shit. It's simply information warfare historically used politically and now somehow continues to survive.

Do you have some empty little space in your heart that needs filling with the POWER OF GOD? Give me a break. EVen if god does exist he/she/it does not give a rate butcrack what the hell you or I do.

If this dude did actually perform some miracles it's more likely Mary was inseminated by an alien they called Gabriele.

Anyone talks about the "3rd coming" or the 'final judgement" is full of delusional bullshit.

Does this Baptist stuff believe in the old testament? Many christian religions have come to agree the OT is just a bunch of nice old stories.

And yes, I'm going to stand with these Christians and defend the Gospel.

But as far as living the walk... still working on that.

For your condition I prescribe carefully watching The life of Brian. You will see Jesus !!!YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!!! toward the end while considering all the other options for having more meaningful social relationships than joining a bunch of people who do their best at self brainwashing through repetitive mantras and offer eternal life and the creation of a character who will tempt you to 'sin'. Cumon...

You're trying to bang some woman at the local church and I think you tried this a few years ago.

Church does a lot of things good and bad. It can be a social club, or a cult.
"A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader."

For what you are doing, it's more of a social club but the cult aspect is still there. The thing is, no matter what you do, it's not good enough. Even if you have a photographic memory, and know every verse of the bible and what it means, not good enough. Because then you are expected to give all your money, time, and recruit others to the cause. Even if you give them millions of dollars to build a massive church campus, not good enough.

For your condition I prescribe carefully watching The life of Brian. You will see Jesus !!!YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!!! toward the end while considering all the other options for having more meaningful social relationships than joining a bunch of people who do their best at self brainwashing through repetitive mantras and offer eternal life and the creation of a character who will tempt you to 'sin'. Cumon...

You're trying to bang some woman at the local church and I think you tried this a few years ago.

No, I'm not "joining a church group to bang some woman there," Nmag, you silly goose. I haven't decided to join this church yet. But I have decided to convert to Christianity.

I also haven't "converted" to "fill some void in my empty heart." This "Peace that is beyond understanding" is only a perk.

I think that I "converted" after realizing that my life has been ultimately futile after all these years. Perhaps the creation of Man WAS to commune and fellowship with God.

Church does a lot of things good and bad. It can be a social club, or a cult.
"A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader."

For what you are doing, it's more of a social club but the cult aspect is still there. The thing is, no matter what you do, it's not good enough. Even if you have a photographic memory, and know every verse of the bible and what it means, not good enough. Because then you are expected to give all your money, time, and recruit others to the cause. Even if you give them millions of dollars to build a massive church campus, not good enough.

NGFM, I appreciate your openness to discuss such things despite your open revulsion to the possibility of "giving yourself to some cult" or "allowing some charismatic leader to govern your life." This possibility repulses me as well.

You've done research. You are absolutely correct when you assert that "Nothing you can do is good enough." And many so called churches and cults do pressure their members to give and give until the breaking point. And even then, it's not good enough.

It would be ludicrous of me to urge anyone to "give their lives to Christ." This is old Zoph, here, folks. Although I have not committed many of the slanderous things that have been leveled on me by tw members, I've been no saint.

So after being faced with this impossible task, why did I do it?

I think that you know the deal. Sinners need a sacrifice. God volunteered Himself. God became a man to show the way. God's grace is the key. These "parlor tricks" that human Jesus performed such as walking on water, healing the sick, controlling the weather, commanding spirits, etc... were child's play compared with this amnesty that He has granted for those who turn to Him.

Works aren't good enough. Faith is the answer. I lack faith. Therefore, I seek to increase my own faith via the pursuit of God's Word.

The pastor of the church which I now attend is a trip. He is not what I would call "charismatic." He comes across more like a university professor. I met him for 90 minutes last Thursday. I told him everything. About dancing, tw, the RPG-A forums, and about the history of my own self indulgence. He listened carefully and quietly. He has only ever asked ONE THING of me: That I NOT reveal to tw the location of his church. Although I didn't see the wisdom, I was more than willing to comply.

But after contemplation and prayer, it finally made sense. He didn't want his church to be a spiritual fight club to open itself to take on all comers who would prank or cause them confusion or distraction. He wanted his church to be a place of respite like motels along the interstate highways that offer a good nights rest to weary travelers. Yeah, okay.

NGFM, it's curious that you mentioned this misconception that Christians need to "sell everything to become paupers" as a mark of faith.

On the one hand, citizens of the U.S. are bigly about this concept of "private property." There are indeed specific instances where believers were commissioned to do such things throughout the Bible, specifically the new testament. Jesus was trying to illustrate how the pursuit of money and possessions can become an idol.

More accurate was His command that we "love others as ourselves." His parable of the good samaritan comes to mind. After being beaten and robbed by thieves, the victim's needs were ignored by a passing priest and a passing banker. But the samaritan bandaged his wounds, carried him to an inn to recover, and paid for him to stay and recuperate for a couple of days.

Christians are stewards rather than owners of their possessions which are and always were "God's property."

But that doesn't imply that we need to blow it all up at once with some massive donation to some possibly unworthy cause.

Back