CARNIVORUS DIET

Z9NDfDx.jpg

thoughts? has anyone here attempted? etc

Dr Jordan B Peterson on Twitter

i feel like the last 10 years of fad dieting has been attempts to rename the atkins diet so you don't remind everyone of all the heart attacks

I'm pretty sure your body doesn't give a fuck what it's eating as long as you're moderating yourself. Moderation is the diet. The difference between fat and skinny people is that skinny people do some form of regular exercise and are able to stop themselves from eating the entire box of cookies.

Give up broccoli? Blueberries? Coconut? Lime? Cilantro? Mother fucking French onion fucking soup?

Not doing it.

I do love meat fish and eggs. I basically like eating whatever I’m in the mood to eat

I'm pretty sure your body doesn't give a fuck what it's eating as long as you're moderating yourself. Moderation is the diet. The difference between fat and skinny people is that skinny people do some form of regular exercise and are able to stop themselves from eating the entire box of cookies.

Some skinny people smoke crack

it's mostly the exercise though. you can't exercise every day and stay fat, i mean like any kind of real exercise that requires leaving the living room. i occasionally lose 30 pounds just because i get bored listening to a podcast and do situps for a few weeks.

skinny people still eat disgustingly, probably worse at times because they don't feel the same guilt fatties do. i'm a fat guy but i've never ordered a pizza and eaten the whole thing, or drank a case of beer in a night, which i can't say for some of the 'healthier' people i know. you can say "they deserve it" for staying thin, but it's still disgusting.

At the healthiest point of my life, I pretty much just ate Hungry Man dinners.
The non-fried Hungry Mans are usually in the ~450 calorie range. I didn't even realize that I was effectively dieting. I was just eating them because they were dirt cheap, usually $2 per meal.

At the healthiest point of my life, I pretty much just ate Hungry Man dinners.
The non-fried Hungry Mans are usually in the ~450 calorie range. I didn't even realize that I was effectively dieting. I was just eating them because they were dirt cheap, usually $2 per meal.

so high in sodium though. but i guess everything you buy nowadays is :shrug:

Evidence is anecdotal at best currently.
but hey, if you have massive health problems like Peterson did (chronic depression etc.), I'd be more than willing to try out even crazy shit to get some positive change.

That being said, I don't personally believe in black & whiteness on dieting. If eating broccoli causes carnivores health to plummet, it's most likely psychosomatic reaction to "eating something you're not supposed to" than the broccoli actually being bad for you.

And like few researchers have pointed out the benefits are likely to come from caloric restriction, than meat being the superior alternative.

Results (Says to try it, but still not sure)

Humans are not carnivores. We have teeth meant for grinding. Some meat is probably fine, but we are meant for fruits and vegetables. I've been doing the nutritarian things for years now, and my blood work comes back in all the acceptable ranges. I do need a Vitamin D, B12, and Iron every other day.

Last edited:
Moderation
Exercise
Eat a lot sometimes a little sometimes keep your metabolism off balance.
I'm a big fan of oatmeal and bananas during the day.

lmao ngfm just got confronted w/ the fad diet that is the antithesis 2 the fad diet he has embraced himself

somebody call rob zombie's lil bro b/c this is what it's like WHEN FADS COLLLLIIIIDE!

Ive never tried the carnivore diet. But I've been on and off keto for years (first time probably 15 years ago). First for weight loss because I felt like a fat fuck, but recent years for the well-being that comes with it.

The cognitive benefits are significant. My mood and energy levels are also noticeably improved. I didn't think much of it at first but after going into ketosis for a few months, then off, then back on (did this a couple times last 2 years) the benefits became crystal clear. Within 2 weeks of going off, my energy was gone and my mood wrecked. Go back on keto, within 5 days all the symptoms are gone.

Diet is everything.

And like few researchers have pointed out the benefits are likely to come from caloric restriction, than meat being the superior alternative.

Don't know about carnivore diet specifically but this is provably false for keto. You can consume the same amount of calories as before but feel much better.

Back