bernie's throwback tournament team analysis and picks

no one has talked about chemistry/egos/conflict yet

at this point in tribes there are no real breakout players who are leagues beyond everyone else. skill is important but if your team cant work together andcant put aside their differences i dont see that team going far.

im not devaluing skill (i think its the most important thing) but chemistry is the x-factor and it will be interesting to see how the teams come together.

:shrug:

I'm not really worried. In [THE] we were constantly predicted to lose horribly. And we constantly surprised people.

We broke up about 4 tribes that lost to us. All where the votes were about 40 to 10. Hell we even took 5150 to 5-4 on DC.

The main thing is that I usually perform well when everyones against me. I'm definatly not by any means the best capper in the game, but give a decent support team, and more important, a team that wants to win, and I think we'll surprise you.

But in any case. Keep it up with the Candyman "wtf?". It gives me more of you to laugh at if we win.

And I will bring back a thread quoting every single one of you.

Well there is only 2 teams that i see that have a little 'chemistry' going into this whole thing and thats skills & true's team.

On paper true's team is the best imo, but true sucks at leading as i said before. :p

Glare said:
no one has talked about chemistry/egos/conflict yet

at this point in tribes there are no real breakout players who are leagues beyond everyone else. skill is important but if your team cant work together andcant put aside their differences i dont see that team going far.

im not devaluing skill (i think its the most important thing) but chemistry is the x-factor and it will be interesting to see how the teams come together.
i agree. i think you can see that in some instances captains made there picks with your ideas in mind. i'm not going to point any specific ones out...

i always thought vm was a breakout player until i saw him play.

my corn business went out of business. thanks for asking.

i'm doing ok. gl in the tourney broski. it's a good thing you're on woog's team.

WiLd_FiRe said:
I think it will come down to team 7 winning it all, but it never works out that way, a team will come out of no where and tear it up. ;]

Like i said, it will end up being some team that no body thought would win, I'm not so sure its your team tho perrin ;] (but ya never know)

despite what was said last night, i changed my mind and am now happily playing on candy's team. krakbaby is playing as well.

sure he made some strange picks, but i think with some motivation and chemistry we can do fairly well.

and i agree with perrin that is definitely more amusing to go into the tournament with no pressure and everyone betting against you.

there are less difference-makers today than in the past.. the playing field is just so much more even. this tournament should really be interesting. :)

i just hope nobody on my team is the "gets frustrated easily and yells at ppl on voice" kind.

thats never any fun.

as long as everybody on my team is having fun it should be a great time win or lose.

true picked smart getting a lot of E5 together

they have a head start on everyone else and skillz is right behind them in terms of team cohesion

LK and I talked about getting SF before skillz but I wasnt going to use my first pick on him

SideSlash said:
despite what was said last night, i changed my mind and am now happily playing on candy's team. krakbaby is playing as well.

sure he made some strange picks, but i think with some motivation and chemistry we can do fairly well.

and i agree with perrin that is definitely more amusing to go into the tournament with no pressure and everyone betting against you.

there are less difference-makers today than in the past.. the playing field is just so much more even. this tournament should really be interesting. :)

im glad you two are being grown up about it

the point of this tourney is not to win. its to have fun and keep people interested in tribes.

I wish I had been able to enter this.

That being said, Team 4 has some really solid picks and will surprise some people. Three extremely solid offensive (FS, n3g, $M) and two amazing defensive players (Tofutti & Pin) along with some great all-around players (JM5K, groove, meklar, rooster). If they practice they could take this IMO.

Back