Are you afraid of death?

Are you afraid of death

• Yes

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 59.5%

• Total voters
I am ready. I do not fear life after death. Praise be to Allah.

Spoiler

i'm pretty discontent with life, so i openly welcome death. no one is dependent on me for me to abandon, my only fear is that my own apathy towards life may still have dark ramifications on others in my immediate family

fearing something that cannot be consciously understood is ignorant. plus the native american saying "to live is to sleep, to die is to awaken" sounds pretty cool, though i'm pretty sure i'll just be rotting in the ground

"I don't walk in this world with fear in my heart"

"Make that up in the pen? Did you scribble that on the day room wall?"

I'm not afraid to die... In tribes.

I voted yes. Because I don't want to die too young and in pain. :(

Proletariat
I am not fearful that the moment will come someday that I will die...

I am afraid in that moment that some asshat will ruin it by being all noisy and shouting.
I want to go peacefully with my last thoughts all my own, not in some plane crash or something with a bunch of screaming morons screwing up my last moment on earth with their panic and stupidity.

:spineyes:

Yeah well no shit.
I understand the math, that I'm far more likely to be killed while I'm running, by a fat lady driving a Lincoln, than I ever am by flying to wherever, as the government's toke race-card that savages can be taught to do chemistry.

My problem with death, is that people don't just "go in their sleep." For a human body to die, something has to fail. He art if you're lucky, that way your consciousness is deprived for maybe a minute or so before all perception ceases. Most people will not have it that easy-- the luckiest among us are going to suffer for a few hours, their kidneys shutting down first, their brains realizing that something is wrong but not sure what, maybe their bodies clawing at a loved one before dark.

The unluckiest among us are the ones that are those that know what's coming, and know it's going to be hard. I'm talking about the people being interorrgated by Mexican drug cartehls, the innocents at Guantanamo Bay that have maybe 100 more water-boardings before it's finally over. The 6-year old in Salt Lake childrens hospital that totally knows her fate--and in case that weren't unsulting enough, she is aware that donations from mormons have kept her alive this long. We're all old enough to decide about mormonism. . were mormonism left in the hands in a dying 6-year old, what do you think she would he say?

When Richard Phillips Feynman was dying, and knew it (god know what Putrid was doing at this time, he was her mentor, she hung out with him in Pasadena bars), he was walking with his best friend, a computer scientist. It's in Feynman's last bits, you can google it--the kid is really down and Feynman asked him what the problem was. In interviews afterward, everybody is just cutthroat to this kid about what Feynaman utactually said. Google it on your own, but they were walking together--kid was really down, and Feynman asked what was eating him. Kid responds: "I'm very sad that you're going to die."

Feynman digested this for a long moment and then said "You know, that bugs me too. But not as much as you would think."

2 weeks later, he was done. His last moment was a magic trick, recreated by his sister.

I would say that the state of death isn't something that should be feared by anyone. The transition should be feared by everybody, it's not going to be pleasant.

ive had similar experience bro also feel this time all bonus and i should just enjoy the shit out of it regardless of situation

at the same time ur going 2 get that fear in ur heart when it come time. trust me.

whether it hit u 4 a second and then u realize and feel release; or it becomes u until the final zepto second -- u gonna feel fear

humans like 2 pretend we not animals but exact opposite true at all times

dont worry bro it natural

1: Stop typing like a texting 10 year-old girl. Unless you are a 12 year-old girl then carry on. (Yes. Yes. I get it. Typing like you have a serious mental deficiency is the cool thing on TW right now, but you still come off as a complete idiot.)

2: I again disagree. I have no fear of death. None at all. I've been there, done that and fully realized there is nothing to fear. I'm pretty content with my life. Are there things I regret or still want to do? Sure. If I was in a situation where I had time to contemplate things before dying I might be disappointed that I haven't done certain things yet, but would I be fearful? Nope. Not one iota. It's somewhat like in that movie Girl, Interrupted where I think it was Angelina Jolie's character explains that once she became fully suicidal, from that point forward she will always and forever be suicidal even if she has no desire to kill herself, because that self-preservation circuitry in her brain is gone. Same thing for me with death. The circuitry in my brain that might have made me fear death has been completely destroyed when I accepted my own imminent death. I realize that's really, really difficult for a good many people to understand because we're inundated with the line that we should fear death.

Fearing death is about as useful as fearing that your hair will grow. It's going to happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it so why waste any energy even thinking about it in the first place?

Death as an abstract idea? No, I don't really worry about my consciousness no longer existing.

Death as a physical experience? Yes, I imagine most ways of dying are both terrible and terrifying. If I have to go I'd like it to be a quick end that I never saw coming.

I've lived long enough to see a good number of my friends and loved ones die. My oldest relative is my sister. I have seen them die quickly and unexpectedly. I have seen them die slowly and in pain over several years. The end result is the same. There are advantages and disadvantages to either way. I plan to live the best I can and accept my end with the closest thing to grace as I'm able to muster.

efFimuI.jpg

im not fond of the idea of not existing
but eternal life also scares the shit out of me

in fact im having a mild freak out right now:lol:

thanks

:rofl:

...................................................................................................

One can be afraid of dying MANY times

but

one finalized death is but once.

Back