Almost there (Car stuff)

Guy could work in a garage on one of those TV shows. In those garages, they have teams of people working together getting the job done. This dude is doing it all alone, but actually getting it done.

I liked this show better when it was called Roadkill.

Last edited:
my friends dad does this shit. He finds old beat up like cars from back in the day and restores them and sells them. This is like his retirement. He learned everything from youtube. its pretty fucking hilarious and impressive when you consider the knowledge he had starting out.

I've been buying and selling cars for a long time, but have never tackled a build like that, and I generally stay away from Ford. I've got a 2004 Passat with bent valves in the garage now. :stab:

I do have a 2003 cop car that I'd love to do this with, but I'll probably just fix and sell it. Has a broken grill, and both windows on the passenger side don't work. Have toyed with the idea of pulling the engine and dropping it in an old Fiat I've had for years like this.

But I really should have pulled the v6 5 speed out of the last s10 I had for it instead.

Here's the last Roadkill I watched. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Lets do some shit on a car and set an arbitrarily short deadline for ourselves for no real reason. DRAMA!!!

Lets do some shit on a car and set an arbitrarily short deadline for ourselves for no real reason. DRAMA!!!
All the car shows do this. I give the guys credit for having the knowledge and getting junk working from nothing.

It would be like us geeks taking old computer parts and making a working machine out of it. But why? It's obsolete. I've taken completely good working computers (minus hard drive) to a recycling center because they're done. Computers, cars, jets, appliances, TVs, they all have junk yards where old stuff goes to be recycled.

Regarding the car stuff, I'd want the latest electronics or toys built in (sat radio, back up camera, front and rear dash camera, navigation, steering wheel controls). Yes, all that stuff can be added after the fact, but it's expensive.

Last edited:
Regarding the car stuff, I'd want the latest electronics or toys built in (sat radio, back up camera, front and rear dash camera, navigation, steering wheel controls).

In my experience with toyotas/subraus, built-in nav systems are like twice as much as after market systems which are considerably better. Car companies have every reason to convince you that after market mods cost more money, or are less desirable than the one they happen to be selling to you for WAY MORE money.

BMW also comes to mind, their nav system controls were dogshit, and they tied into the security system so you couldn't get an improved after-market nav system without major modification/adaption. Essentially they made DIY a pain in the ass, but it can be done, and it vastly improves the vehicle's interface.

Last edited:
Here's what I'm talking about with everything being integrated, the new Tesla.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXE1srVwfSc
Now you may not need all those features, but you have to admit, cars are becoming like computers whether you like it or not. You don't get any of that if you build something from a junk yard frame. That's what these people are doing, is taking the shell or frame and bringing it to life by adding parts. Same thing with a computer case. Yes, you can build a fast PC from scratch, but in the end, it will cost more. That's why these collectors have so many cars on a lot. It's cool for a while, but then they move on to something else. Most rebuilt cars don't have fancy radios, unless they're in a show like Pimp My Ride or Unique Whips.

Last edited:
Most dudes would be happy driving the same beat up truck from the 60's, but bitches like nice things and fucked it all up. Now we're stuck with drive by wire and accident avoidance.

Roadkill proved once and for all that a dirty old hot rod pulls more pussy than a multi hundred thousand dollar sports car.

Back