tribes reticle disaligned?

SegaRob

Veteran X
i've been using the default reticle forever and i just realized that the sniper crosshair doesnt meet exactly where the game actually shoots - it's slightly off (disaligned). anyone know why/what fixes this? i've got an ss but i have no place to up it to

use a different/custom ret with another tiny dot for where the sniper should shoot, and the "main" part of the ret for disc, plasma, mortar, whatever

or you could snag that script that changes reticles for different weaps, and have a tweaked ret for sniper rifle.

Ciceron said:
Disaligned and misaligned are not words. Skewed would be the antonym.

:shrug:

;)

Not quite. Disaligned is certainly not a word, but misaligned is. That is what Mr. Rob is meaning to say.

Cuthyone said:
Not quite. Disaligned is certainly not a word, but misaligned is. That is what Mr. Rob is meaning to say.

Yes. At the time dictionary.com didn't like "misalign", which is what I had put in. "misaligned" works, though. :shrug:

Absolut said:
use a different/custom ret with another tiny dot for where the sniper should shoot, and the "main" part of the ret for disc, plasma, mortar, whatever

or you could snag that script that changes reticles for different weaps, and have a tweaked ret for sniper rifle.

um, wouldn't it be crooked for all weps? granted a mortar won't be affected as much as the laser, it's still "misaligned" no?

the default reticle is a 9x9 pixels in size

a pixel verticle broken link, and a one pixel horizontal broken line

your screen is however, is an even number of pixels, 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, etc...

Back