Small form factor phones?

ArakAtak

Veteran XX
Looking for a small phone that I can easily stick in my pocket at work and not feel like I'm carrying a surfboard around.
I work in pretty shitty environments as well so no point in killing a $1000 phone. Was going to get the CAT phone with the FLIR camera which would be awesome but it's pretty huge and I would look like a bit of a knob in everyday use (although the FLIR cam may be useful for spotting Covids)

Only really need calls and text, maybe some email, maps, bluetoof, half decent camera would be nice but not worried about games and never watch videos or use for entertainment.

Can't really find any options released in the last few years, everything has gone supersized :(

I could go the old school push button granny phone but I'm not in my 60's yet! :phone:

Sony and Samsung used to have some nice ones but they seem to have grown a lot larger now. I just dug out an old Xperia that I had in the drawer, really nice little phone, problem is the memory is full and it won't update anymore. I guess the OS/apps have all gotten very bloated now.

Options:

Apple iPhone SE2 - (5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29) not real keen but had iPhones before and don't really mind if it's the only option (actually using an old iPhone 4 for a junk phone now when I need one)

OnePlus X - (5.51 × 2.72 × 0.27) These look nice, appear fairly modern, does everything I need and cheap as chips. But - released about 2015, will it still even cope or will software updates crush it? Runs Android 6 so no longer supported, security wise. Anyone have one/had one?

Or do I just get bigger pockets / manbag / arm strap? :sunny:

Last edited:
iPhone SE2. Price is great. Just got one for Laurie. It's the exact same as an 8 with updated processor and camera. The support will be there for a few years.

Yeah, it sucks when the old phones become obsolete. I still have my 6 and it works perfectly. Apple even updated the software after they said they wouldn't. I have an 11 now. It fits in my front pocket just fine. I have a bumper case and a screen protector on it.

Last edited:
That ASUS phone looks p. nice. I'll check them out tomorrow, see if they are available/suitable here thx

Or I'll just go the easy way and get the iphoneSE2, I have had a few of both android and apple over the years so have most apps on both platforms. Dont really care which one I use tbh

ps. I'm all out of LGBR rep at the moment, but I'll get ya

Last edited:
That ASUS phone looks p. nice. I'll check them out tomorrow, see if they are available/suitable here thx

Or I'll just go the easy way and get the iphoneSE2, I have had a few of both android and apple over the years so have most apps on both platforms. Dont really care which one I use tbh

ps. I'm all out of LGBR rep at the moment, but I'll get ya

no worries pal

ive had 3 asus phones in a row now (ZenFone 2, 3 and ROG Phone 2) and theyre all amazing. solid build quality, great battery life + performance and most importantly theyre taiwanese so no money 2 commie china + commie spyware

ZVmYrJ.gif

nokia 3530

Thanks, but I already have a 3120, 6280 and C2. All in great working order. They wont hook up to the network anymore though, which is a shame really.

There is a really nice ringtone on the 3120 that I can't find anywhere else, it isn't even in the Nokia ringtone creator software. I need to record it one day so I can use it again :)

i've divorced google and currently suffering with an iphone.

the devices are great but ios is hot garbage

will get the iphone 12 pro :ugh:

Lot of ppl do the same with wives.

They always seem like a good idea at the time, but once out of their native environment things get sketchy very quickly.

At the tiny level it's almost like a watch at that point. Could get an Apple Watch and an IPhone SE to carry in your pocket. Calls and texts would be done on the watch. You speak your texts. Then if you need to take a picture or view a video, do it on the phone. Only downside to this is it's two devices you have to charge. I leave my 11 in low power mode and it lasts a few days.

Update, ordered the wife a new iphone 11 pro max

got the battery replaced in her old iphone 6 max so I can use that if I want

which is stupid and pointless cos it's frigging massive

I even charged up my old xperia which is a really nice size and actually isn't too bad once I deleted all the pointless crap from it. But it's still old as hell and needs replacing.

so I'll probably get an iphone 11SE eventually b/c facetime and wife being in the apple ecosystem & ipads + whatnot

watch this space for future livejournal updates

Last edited:
Back