Did you knew? Neurological evidence that "God's will" is bull**** by Amadeus - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Did you knew? Neurological evidence that "God's will" is bull****
Page 1 of 4
Amadeus
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 06-10-2018, 12:32
http://www.pnas.org/content/106/51/21533

"People often reason egocentrically about others' beliefs, using their own beliefs as an inductive guide. Correlational, experimental, and neuroimaging evidence suggests that people may be even more egocentric when reasoning about a religious agent's beliefs (e.g., God). In both nationally representative and more local samples, people's own beliefs on important social and ethical issues were consistently correlated more strongly with estimates of God's beliefs than with estimates of other people's beliefs (Studies 14). Manipulating people's beliefs similarly influenced estimates of God's beliefs but did not as consistently influence estimates of other people's beliefs (Studies 5 and 6). A final neuroimaging study demonstrated a clear convergence in neural activity when reasoning about one's own beliefs and God's beliefs, but clear divergences when reasoning about another person's beliefs (Study 7). In particular, reasoning about God's beliefs activated areas associated with self-referential thinking more so than did reasoning about another person's beliefs. Believers commonly use inferences about God's beliefs as a moral compass, but that compass appears especially dependent on one's own existing beliefs."

cliffs:
- Put people in an fMRI machine
- Ask them what they think about X, and a certain area of the brain lights up
- Ask them what other people think about X, and a different area lights up
- Ask them what God thinks about X, and it's the first area associated with the self that lights up, not the second. Neurologically, God's will is your will.

Explains how God miraculously hates all the same people you do.

Sponsored Links
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 06-10-2018, 12:34
u dont say

Wipeout5555
Old
3 - 06-10-2018, 12:46
Tell that to modern supply and demand

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 06-10-2018, 12:47
First, I think you got your studies confused and I think you used god when you meant dog

Auburn professor working to identify best dogs to offer security

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-10-2018, 13:13
We get it

You're a God hating heathen

And you vape

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 06-10-2018, 13:15
God did it

uno
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 06-10-2018, 13:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
http://www.pnas.org/content/106/51/21533

"People often reason egocentrically about others' beliefs, using their own beliefs as an inductive guide. Correlational, experimental, and neuroimaging evidence suggests that people may be even more egocentric when reasoning about a religious agent's beliefs (e.g., God). In both nationally representative and more local samples, people's own beliefs on important social and ethical issues were consistently correlated more strongly with estimates of God's beliefs than with estimates of other people's beliefs (Studies 14). Manipulating people's beliefs similarly influenced estimates of God's beliefs but did not as consistently influence estimates of other people's beliefs (Studies 5 and 6). A final neuroimaging study demonstrated a clear convergence in neural activity when reasoning about one's own beliefs and God's beliefs, but clear divergences when reasoning about another person's beliefs (Study 7). In particular, reasoning about God's beliefs activated areas associated with self-referential thinking more so than did reasoning about another person's beliefs. Believers commonly use inferences about God's beliefs as a moral compass, but that compass appears especially dependent on one's own existing beliefs."

cliffs:
- Put people in an fMRI machine
- Ask them what they think about X, and a certain area of the brain lights up
- Ask them what other people think about X, and a different area lights up
- Ask them what God thinks about X, and it's the first area associated with the self that lights up, not the second. Neurologically, God's will is your will.

Explains how God miraculously hates all the same people you do.
I am about the furthest thing from a christian here, which is saying something since I am from the south.

But you have problems.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 06-10-2018, 13:41
Quote:
God's will is your will.
You don't say?

In other news, water is wet and there are only two genders.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 06-10-2018, 13:45
amadeus should read more studies about what makes him a pedophile

Amadeus
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 06-10-2018, 13:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
I am about the furthest thing from a christian here, which is saying something since I am from the south.

But you have problems.
Such as?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 06-11-2018, 00:13
This makes sense. Most people have never met their "god" so they can only infer his beliefs based on what they would imagine them to be, or what they were told the beliefs are. It's kind of a weird experiment to begin with, though. Dubious value, at best. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the experiment somehow proves God is a psychological construct. There are much better ways to do that.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
12 - 06-11-2018, 00:19
reeeeee muh jesus reeeee

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 06-11-2018, 00:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
reeeeee i hate jesus reeeee

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
14 - 06-11-2018, 00:21

phaytal
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 06-11-2018, 00:34
Religious people fascinate me.

Amadeus
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 06-11-2018, 14:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
This makes sense. Most people have never met their "god" so they can only infer his beliefs based on what they would imagine them to be, or what they were told the beliefs are. It's kind of a weird experiment to begin with, though. Dubious value, at best. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the experiment somehow proves God is a psychological construct. There are much better ways to do that.
It does kind of disprove the whole "personal relationship with Jesus" thing though, dunnit?

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
17 - 06-11-2018, 14:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post

And you vape
Ugh, that explains a lot.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 06-11-2018, 14:47
Quote:
It does kind of disprove the whole "personal relationship with Jesus" thing though, dunnit?
clearly jeebus is a part of us and he resides in the self-referential reasoning department of our brains as proven in this study

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 06-11-2018, 14:51
I just always want to know if people take the bible/Koran/tora as literal or allegory. Sometimes people pick and choose. They don't like the stuff able stoning people or slavery etc but like the parts about reserrection and miracles, all based on people who had no idea what lightning is. People say that tell me about a person in a fox hole who doesn't believe in God. I ask, tell me of a person who doesn't believe in an mri that was saved by science.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Amadeus
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 06-11-2018, 15:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
Ugh, that explains a lot.
I don't btw, but I don't expect you to be deterred by facts.

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Did you knew? Neurological evidence that "God's will" is bull****

Social Website Bullshit