I think I've figured out how I was "hacking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk-Man

Veteran XX
So when testing the netset plugin that I had recently been linked to I used a config that had hacks in it including nofog and happymod in the plugins folder. None of which were +p'd (on purpose) in my shortcut. After being kicked, I rejoined thinking it was a mistake (I now know that a false positive isn't possible). After joining I was kicked again. So trying to trouble shoot it I went to the plugins folder and renamed happymod.dll and nofog.dll to something else to make sure it didn't load. Yea that didn't work either. Hmmm...

After speaking with a friend today, it has come to my attention that there's a version of rasadhlp.dll that autoloads these things (news to me) instead of having to +p the plugins. Apparently this newer version of the rasadhlp.dll was created because people were having trouble figuring out how to load them. Anyway, it appears that that particular autoload version of rasadhlp.dll was the version I had in this config and as far as I understand it will load plugins regardless of renaming them, unless you rename the extension which I did not. Hence the autoloading hacks and kicks.

This is all from memory, and I can't test this (butthurt rage banned) but as far as I can tell, this is what happened.

Ok you can proceed with not believing my story now.

something horrible must be going on in opsayo's life

he's been in a rage all year

puberty?

im like the opposite im all midlife crysis way too happy with my shitty life

life is cyclical like tribe

u no u put 2 much thout in2 did stoopit chit bruh.. dafuq ova it alreddy. .
no one giveafuk exCep da doo who make a fukkin antihakk fora dead tribe no1 giveafuk about
u welcum. now stfu

ya seriously does anyone read a word that dood posts?

i see his gibberish and think:

horse_slap.gif

and then skip to the next post

shdafuq up veteroobies LELZ
I fukkin pwntfukt dashit outchu non kings.. fuq u gon dooo??
Mayb need new antihack for makin u guys NOT FUKKIN SUK SHIT

fuk. noobs. Make Mun sik.

Reactions: gim
PS milkman not Hak him duelz Mun azza hide him name but he get pwntfukt n e how so if him hak him p fukkin bad too now stfubuncha noobs complainin bout otha noobs

fuk

i dont know why the thread was deleted it would have just died naturally on its own anyway and there definitely wasnt anything in there that bothered me

So when testing the netset plugin that I had recently been linked to I used a config that had hacks in it including nofog and happymod in the plugins folder. None of which were +p'd (on purpose) in my shortcut. After being kicked, I rejoined thinking it was a mistake (I now know that a false positive isn't possible). After joining I was kicked again. So trying to trouble shoot it I went to the plugins folder and renamed happymod.dll and nofog.dll to something else to make sure it didn't load. Yea that didn't work either. Hmmm...

After speaking with a friend today, it has come to my attention that there's a version of rasadhlp.dll that autoloads these things (news to me) instead of having to +p the plugins. Apparently this newer version of the rasadhlp.dll was created because people were having trouble figuring out how to load them. Anyway, it appears that that particular autoload version of rasadhlp.dll was the version I had in this config and as far as I understand it will load plugins regardless of renaming them, unless you rename the extension which I did not. Hence the autoloading hacks and kicks.

This is all from memory, and I can't test this (butthurt rage banned) but as far as I can tell, this is what happened.

Ok you can proceed with not believing my story now.
milk, it would be in your best interest to stop lying. in the previous thread you claimed on the top of page 2 that "i put the two plugins in and got kicked, removed the two plugins and didn't get kicked." in the last post on the first page you claimed that you were "just testing". now in this thread you are claiming that you were opening the wrong config and couldn't figure out how to disable happymod (side note: wouldn't a smart person delete happymod and not just rename it?). you also claimed that all of these kicks happened in a span of 5 minutes. none of these stories are consistent with each other and more importantly, all of these stories contradict the reality of what actually happened.

i was actually contemplating unbanning you in a private message, but after seeing this thread i dont think i will.

in my anger, i failed to present enough information for everyone to make an informed decision. that led to the discussion being far less structured than it could have been. im going to rectify that. i had a lot of time on the plane. i decided to split the 5 million line file into 10 smaller files, and pull out everything related to thumper on the day he got kicked. here is the link: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=cniJZWmQ

here's a guide on how to read this log:
- the first number on each row is the line number in the split log file. i leave the line number there so you can trust that everything im posting is in chronological order. in my cliffs, i often provide line numbers. you should ctrl + f to follow along line by line to assure yourself that i'm telling the events as they appear.
- CONNECT - these lines are straightforward, they show when a user joins the server
- LH::CheckClient Thumper, Test: # - this occurs in lasthope when the config compares the client's result to the expected result. the # corresponds to one of the many tests we run against clients. i've included 3 relevant tests in the log (and redacted the rest as they aren't necessary to reveal). tests 0 and 1 are related to how we determine client version. i've redacted the exact values and targets, but all you need to know is that if the client returns a <good_response>, they look like 1.41. if they return what i've labeled as a <bad_response>, we know they are 1.40. test 2 is our happymod scan. i've left all of these in for a few reasons. i think it helps show passage of time, because it is about ~30 seconds between happymod tests. i also think it helps emphasize the non-randomness of how we test clients. clients don't just spontaneously get flagged for happymod. lastly, i think it helps give credibility to my claim that i am not censoring information from the log.
- LH::NoticeUser() - this is the notification i added which fills the user's screen with a popup guiding them to the 1.41 download. users that fail the version tests (tests 0 and 1) receive this.
- MSG GLOBAL: # - this is global player chat between players. the # corresponds to the client ID for the person talking. if you want to know which client ID corresponds to which player in the chat, i am happy to look it up for you if you think it is important. these lines don't really mean anything. i think they're just interesting to read and sometimes funny.
- Changing to mission x - obviously, this is logged when the server changes to the next mission. i think this helps give some frame of reference of time
- LH141++ Thumper happymod kick - this is logged when thumper is kicked for happymod. this is also displayed globally to the server.

if you want to read the log on your own and form your own conclusion on what happened, stop reading here. i encourage you to do this if you have the mental capacity and patience to. again, here is a link to the log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=cniJZWmQ

for the rest of you, i am going to provide cliffs. my only goal here is to prove the dishonesty in not just the original post here, but in all of his posts thus far. here are the cliffs:

1) the log starts with thumper joining the server.
2) line 83457: the server tests his client version, and he fails the test.
3) line 83497: the server serves him the NoticeUser() popup twice, telling him to download 1.41.
4) line 84004: thumper rejoins the server and passes the version tests. this indicates that he is now running 1.41.
5) line 84145+: thumper passes the happymod tests hundreds of times. during this time he also rejoins the server 20 times. remember, this is the very first time he is playing with 1.41.
6) jumping to line 244233: thumper rejoins the server on a map change, passes the version tests but fails the happymod test for the first time.
7) line 245414: thumper rejoins the server.
8) line 245495: thumper passes the happymod test.

author's note: i need to be very explicit here about the last several events - thumper installs 1.41, passes the happymod test, then fails the happymod test, then later passes the happymod test. recall thumper's original post in this thread and go over this again until you understand exactly what this implies.

9) line 245442: you're all familiar with this part. thumper rejoins the server and has a conversation with multiple people in the server. i've included all of the chat lines this time.
10) starting on line 246414: thumper continues to play on the server across several map changes (5 i think).
11) line 257843: the map changes to hildebrand and thumper rejoins on the map change
12) line 258297: after rejoining, he fails the happymod test for the second time.
11) thumper does not rejoin the server this time. 6 maps pass.
12) starting on line 269761: thumper joins and rejoins the server.
13) line 270223: on the rejoin, he fails the happymod test and is kicked again. this is the last time he fails the happymod test.
13) line 270426: thumper rejoins the server and passes the happymod test. thumper continues to pass hundreds of happymod tests.
14) shadoh says at the end that 1.41 can be bypassed with dll injection. this is unlikely. the reason we scan for happymod repeatedly (and not just one time) is to catch people doing late dll injection.

Last edited:
shouldn't have said anything milk

your story didn't make any sense in the first place but this is even worse

heres my account of thumper hacking:

Thumper: I'm gunna HM you bro
Me: Don't HM me bro
Thumper: Its too late
Me: vgc

dp just bring back the old thread and merge it with ths one

no point in hiding it if the topic isn't done and it clearly isnt

All this is from memory so my timeline of 5 minutes... whatever. The point is, it happened over a very short period in a tribes career. If it seems like a short window to me, it's because it was.

This is what happened. Exact details are not going to be perfect as I don't have an amazing memory and this is getting further and further removed. What I do know now is the reason I'd get kicked was the autoloading rasadhlp.dll. And no, I wouldn't just "delete" the happymod.dll".

And whatever, don't unban me, continue your meltdown and show us some more how you're an adult who still wears diapers.

I maintain that I never intended to load HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back