MP Demo Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzo

Not Sierra Anymore
Ok guys, I know this really sucks, but we found a really big problem with the multiplayer demo after it had already been seeded. We're going to have to delay it by a day or so to fix the bug.

Here's the bug we found: if you install the MP demo, then install the full game, then un-install the MP demo (which makes sense to do), the uninstaller for the demo whipes out your CD key information for the full game. Big problem.

So we look really stupid right now.

We seeded the demo file to quite a few mirrors for distro tomorrow morning. I'd like to ask your help in making sure that, if you see it go up, you let that site know that it's not the right file. The multiplayer demo will not go up tomorrow. It's certainly possible it'll be Wednesday, but you can imagine how gun shy I am about that right now.

Sorry.

KnightMare said:
Omg, just give it to me anyway.

Agreed... If we know that we should uninstall the demo first we should be alright... :D

Hey Menzo tell them to take their time and get it right. We lub Irrational for being so timely with the demo's and release date.

Id rather wait, then rush you guys with pressure. I know what its like when you're on a deadline and bugs pop up at the last moment.

And for the rest of you that disagree....Get a job. Or at least one that doesnt require a grill, a fryer, a register and a microphone.

Last edited:
Oh good, a delay--no one saw that comming :roller:.

Now, for letting us all down... how about a change log?

hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back