[T1 release] Bastard Forge day sky

bLiSS

Veteran X
This isn't a fake release :p There's really a sky here..

I thought I'd stop making things until I fixed Photoshop, but since I saw a link hk_wintermute posted, a site with panoramic photos of real skies, I thought I'd give it a try.

My past experience with real photos weren't really good, clouds and color range were nice looking by themselves, but once put on a map, it just doesn't feel right. Many people have told me it looked too real on the T1 terrain textures, and I had to agree.

Right now I picked out *thought* Do people even read what I say :| *thought* So yea, I picked out one of the skies, and slightly, I really mean slightly edited it so it'd look better.

I enjoy playing Bastard Forge.. and I really think it looks better on it than it would on say.. Raindance :p

Here you go :

BFday1.jpg

BFday2.jpg

BFday3.jpg

BFday4.jpg

Instructions first so you don't download and close the thread. It's pretty simple, extract all the files from the .zip in your skins folder. There are no custom terrain textures for alienWorld maps yet, so you shouldn't be asked to overwrite a .ppl file. If you have custom edited .ppl files for your GUI, read : Andrew's PPL generator or hex edited them yourself, then you shouldn't use the sky.

The other notice is about the commander map, it's going to be blacked out, or have messy colors, but it's still usable.

Post here for help or comments, you can also find me in #conversion

Download link : BFdaySky.zip

Enjoy :D

edit : I hate typos :|

Last edited:
Nice sky, but blurring the blue-ish sky into the yellow-ish sand makes a little weird effect... it would work on a lush terrain better IMO.

Amadeu5 said:
Nice sky, but blurring the blue-ish sky into the yellow-ish sand makes a little weird effect... it would work on a lush terrain better IMO.

Either you have nofog and don't understand why I have the beige transition in the horizon to match fog, or you don't like things that blend :ralf:

Full set coming, gonna try to name maps I know that has a sky, RD, DX, RC, HB, BFday, JC.. blah blah blah..

I hope it's not a fake promise :p

Back