[T1] bliss needs you to see this

m00g00

Veteran X
Okay, I am back :|
[18:10] <bliss> I had problems with comp, and had to be away for a few weeks.
[18:10] <bliss> Now, I can't really use the comp, it's being a bitch, and I just can't work on it. I lost Photoshop and Paintshop Pro, and some of the Tribes files I had.
[18:10] <bliss> So, I'm asking, is it worth the time for me to create a few more skies, it's the only thing I can do.. don't ask for more :|
[18:10] <bliss> Seeing the few people that still play, and the amount of active people here.. I want to make at least one more set, or not if people are fed up by what I say :eek:
[18:10] <bliss> It's going to take a while before I can release, or come post here myself though.
[18:10] <bliss> Here was my last one :
[18:10] <bliss>
RDremix1.jpg

RDremix2.jpg

RDremix3.jpg

[18:10] <bliss> RDremix.zip
[18:10] <bliss> I didn't like the way it felt on the maps, but I had a few people try it, and they all liked it.
[18:10] <bliss> Basically, I want to know how you it feels for you when you're playing. Having so many clouds covering all of the height of the panels makes it look weird on top. There is going to be that gray-ish one-color tone to it.
[18:11] <bliss> I feel like I should shut up now.. do you like this style of sky or not ?

fps dosent change with new skies, just like the ground textures, its just changed textures.

personally i think it looks cool, when i fire up tribes again i wouldnt mind having that as my sky,

as for continuing to make them, i say go for it, its something to do and you accomplish something while doing it :)

sdest said:
TT-sagefirst2-big.jpg

Yeah....that's ugly as hell

It looks like someone spray painted a 2d image around the outside of a convex roof while using 170 degree field of vision.

Some people have low standards..

;)

I'm open to suggestions, and would definitely like some.. so what now.. Tribes 2 skies ?

Sure, why not, I'm confident they will turn out just as nice quality-wise, but the question is, after I saw that screenshot of DX on T2.. It brings me back to these :

RDcloudy01.jpg

RDclouds02.jpg

If I'm going to make something similar to the T2 screenshot, it would probably turn out close to those other 2 skies I've made before..

I remember people not liking the way it felt on T1 maps, I don't think it's only about the terrain textures. Others have told me it just felt out of place in T1, like it didn't belong in the scheme.

Again, I'm asking, realistic looking skies or T2 skies that people will provide me with since I never bought T2.. or something closer to this :
RDblisssky02.jpg

Back