[SO] The government is shut down... by SL83 - Page 66 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...
Page 66 of 83
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
1301 - 10-16-2013, 11:49
From another perspective, Congress funds things that the President doesn't want all the time. There are many military expenditures that are basically just jobs works programs since neither the Pentagon nor the President want them, but Congressmen want government money going to their districts.

Sponsored Links
ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
1302 - 10-16-2013, 11:56
They should never have shutdown the governement for this reason, no one should be happy with the rights' actions.

Never done in our history before.

Especially considering you're talking about a minority of the republicans instigating this action and then them stripping the ability to call for a vote to keep it going.

Rand Paul: Republicans Won't Defund Obamacare In Government Shutdown Fight

Last edited by ICMeltdown; 10-16-2013 at 11:59..
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
1303 - 10-16-2013, 12:06
That's a different argument entirely and one that I basically agree with.

However, it takes two sides to disagree. Obama and the Republicans are going to have to find a common ground. I'm curious where it will end up being.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
1304 - 10-16-2013, 12:07
Who is it that keeps Obamacare on the table when it isn't in reality and you want to fault both parties for it?

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
1305 - 10-16-2013, 12:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICFire View Post
Who is it that keeps Obamacare on the table when it isn't in reality and you want to fault both parties for it?
I didn't "fault" anyone in that statement (except implicitly the Republicans when I said I "basically agree with" your previous post). How did you come to that conclusion?

Also I don't really know what "Who is it that keeps Obamacare on the table when it isn't in reality" means.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
1306 - 10-16-2013, 12:20
This started out being about defunding Obamacare.

Now though they claim Obamacare is "off the table" they've yet to go back vote and get to doing their job.

So why are they still whiny ass *****es and not working if it, Obamacare, is in fact off the table.

They are working the leverage to get something they can't get if they actually let congress vote on it because too many republicans would cross over and vote against the dictates of the squealing idiots.

Just a fyi:

When Will The Government Run Out Of Money? : Planet Money : NPR

Last edited by ICMeltdown; 10-16-2013 at 12:23..
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
1307 - 10-16-2013, 12:26
Are you directing these questions at me? I'm not the Republicans' political advisor...I don't know.

I'm just watching the show.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
1308 - 10-16-2013, 12:33
thank god this holocaust is over i didnt think we could make it another day

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
1309 - 10-16-2013, 12:34
Senate has a deal to reopen goverment

no word on the House tho

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1310 - 10-16-2013, 12:35
face it, we are all ****ed.

this country is heading for disaster, and i blame the government, not just republicans, not just democrats, every mother****ing one of them.

grab your torches and your pitchforks, things are about to get ugly.

Putrid
VeteranX
Old
1311 - 10-16-2013, 12:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
Senate has a deal to reopen goverment

no word on the House tho

yeah reid and mc put out deal on floor, cruz says he will not block it.

could be on pres desk and signed by tonight.

gov opens back up.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
1312 - 10-16-2013, 12:44
Senate leader announces bipartisan budget deal

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
1313 - 10-16-2013, 12:46
its weird to see them patting themselves on their backs

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
1314 - 10-16-2013, 12:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
face it, we are all ****ed.

this country is heading for disaster, and i blame the government, not just republicans, not just democrats, every mother****ing one of them.

grab your torches and your pitchforks, things are about to get ugly.
It is more than just the government, the whole system is changing. The old ideas of what makes an economy or a government are failing. You have an economy that works for the corporations but has a dwindling need for labor. What are people to do when they have less and less ability to make a life with their own talents, go back to subsistence farming? 40 acres and a mule for anyone that isn't needed to keep the machine going?

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
1315 - 10-16-2013, 12:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by fartiusstinkius View Post
Yeah this isn't exactly common, but it isn't a ridiculous scenario either. If it's okay for Congress to decide how much to fund something, why can't it decide not to fund it at all?
If you don't think it's ridiculous then there is something you're not understanding.

Putrid
VeteranX
Old
1316 - 10-16-2013, 12:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
its weird to see them patting themselves on their backs

lol what a bunch of wankers those politicians are.

the deal is going on the table and bringing it to vote will not be blocked; the votes have not come in yet though...

monkey wrench could be too many nay votes.

then gov stays shut.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1317 - 10-16-2013, 13:00
Quote:
Our government is a joke. Obama is a dictator. No better than Hitler or Stalin. Obamacare, what the hell is that? Obama will tell you it is for the American people...so everyone can afford healthcare. Did he tell you if you do not sign your income tax check that you get ever year will be the governments? Yeah that's right there is a fine if you do not sign. And for all of you who want Obamacare just dial the number is 1-800-3(F)1 8(U)-2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O)! It spells **** yo, just add the u. Why is the government involved in education? Remember the days where going college was actually meant something? Everyone is going to college because the government made it easier. Instead of private banks competing to earn your business to obtain a loan to pay for college, all you have to do is sign up for financial aid. Remember the 2008 recession where the government created Fannie May and gave loans to everyone so they can live the American dream and buy a house at high interest rates that no one could afford? What do you think is going to happen with college loans? College debt now surpasses American credit card debt. You come out of college with a mortgage and no guarantee of a job. Did you also know the financial situation is so bad in America that we have to keep borrowing trillions of dollars from China to keep afloat? Corporate tax is the United States is so high that companies create factories in China, India, Mexico, and other countries. Don't believe me just look at your shoes, clothes, cars, and most of anything you buy now days is assembled or made in China or somewhere else. The only thing that is keeping America a float now is the federal reserve. We have the ability to print endless amounts of money. What happens if the U.S dollar isn't worth anything anymore. Countries are already pulling there money out of the world reserve and once the ball starts rolling the United States will be in another great depression. Only a matter of time... Thanks Obama for creating laws and taxing us to death. The government pretty much controls everything and no one is doing anything to stop it. Every since you came in office gas has gone up 150% from where it was before you took office.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
1318 - 10-16-2013, 13:04

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
1319 - 10-16-2013, 13:08
that guy p dumb

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
1320 - 10-16-2013, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
If you don't think it's ridiculous then there is something you're not understanding.
This is a bargaining chip that the House has always had. I don't agree with the Republicans' goals, but they're just playing hardball. Saying this is ridiculous is basically just saying that our entire system is ridiculous.

(Personally I think our system is pretty ridiculous, but I don't think this sort of thing is the biggest reason for it.)

Page 66 of 83

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , captain taxleach , circle jerk , dealytard bitch tits , gubment took my gubment , icfire child rapist , icfire convicted pedophile , icfire is a chester , icfire touches kids , icpedo , lady liberty got raped. , moar bacon bitchtits , they took my govt