Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17462 - 11-22-2021, 00:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Black ice is a *****. Was on the way to MN one January morning and saw a wreck over a mile ahead on what looked like clear roads. No cars between us and them. Tapped the brakes at 70mph and the abs went off IMMEDIATELY. I put it in neutral and once I slowed down I coughed out my *******. It was in my throat.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17463 - 11-28-2021, 11:55

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17464 - 11-28-2021, 11:56
Always wondered what a Democrat tree looks like...

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17465 - 11-28-2021, 11:57

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17466 - 11-28-2021, 11:58

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17467 - 11-28-2021, 12:00

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17468 - 11-28-2021, 12:00

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17469 - 11-28-2021, 12:01

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17470 - 11-28-2021, 12:04

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
17471 - 11-28-2021, 15:02
Good thing he had his safety-squints on.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
17472 - 11-28-2021, 15:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Black ice is a *****. Was on the way to MN one January morning and saw a wreck over a mile ahead on what looked like clear roads. No cars between us and them. Tapped the brakes at 70mph and the abs went off IMMEDIATELY. I put it in neutral and once I slowed down I coughed out my *******. It was in my throat.
I've never been in a situation like this. So there is a layer of ice that people cant see because it's dirty/blends with concrete?

If that's the case, seems like it would be easy to set up some mechanism that would automatically detect that and flash warning lights or something.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17473 - 11-28-2021, 16:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I've never been in a situation like this. So there is a layer of ice that people cant see because it's dirty/blends with concrete?

If that's the case, seems like it would be easy to set up some mechanism that would automatically detect that and flash warning lights or something.
Yeah, black ice is just a thin layer of ice that looks like regular road. Maybe wet road.

Thermometer and smart driving is the best we have now, as it can occur in varying conditions. iirc there was a warm front coming in, it rained a little, but the road and ground was cold. Road was clear at my house 10 miles away. We passed over 4 bridges and went through a cloverleaf to get on the interstate just minutes earlier. So frozen road in the morning + a little rain caused it.

A bad one was a warm day that turned cold at night. Making it a little hazy. The bridges cooled down first and froze the condensation. We got sideways on a bridge over diagonal train tracks, hit the dry pavement on the other side and rolled.

Another bad one I took the Jeep to work, and came home on black ice. Had to use 4x4 to get enough traction to push forward. Without it the rear end would break loose and the wind would push me sideways.

Used to have to plan my route when I drove a 2 wheel drive toyota truck in bad weather, because I wouldn't make it up some hills on the interstate.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
17474 - 11-30-2021, 17:30

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
17475 - 11-30-2021, 17:37
He has no idea how lucky he is that it didn't work out like in the movies.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
17476 - 11-30-2021, 18:36
The thing that's most distinct about black people in these moments is their fight or flight response. I think many white people see this and think it's foolish for the black man to make that choice because there would be a low probability of getting away and it would just make the situation worse. It could be dangerous, or it would just be more expensive legal hassle from this, our White brains think.

The reality is, that black was not thinking about running to the window and jumping out at all. That was all just pure animal instinct. There was no strategy to what would happen after he pulled away from the cop. White people make choices in those instances, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Blacks resort back to a primordial response.

When the White cop says "don't tense up." The cop knows. He knows he's dealing with a force of nature.

Last edited by Reggs; 11-30-2021 at 18:44..
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
17477 - 11-30-2021, 21:52

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
17478 - 11-30-2021, 21:59
Do a barrel roll

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17479 - 12-04-2021, 16:16

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17480 - 12-04-2021, 16:23

Page 874 of 1010

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page New New GIF (animated) Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert. alex dare levert , eat my ass nash , fuk u nash , kill yourself midxe , lemon licked my butthole , lol trump lost forever loser , odio is a faggot , odio is a massive faggot , odio is gif king , oven dodgers , overconfidence often times