VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
201 - 07-05-2009, 20:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
fake, but nice
http://www.oleole.com/media/main/pod...E_BROCHURE.pdf

That's great. I'd love to be rid of him and maybe see more of Arshavin.

Sponsored Links
KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
202 - 07-05-2009, 23:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftOfTheGame View Post
Rogers has looked really good, every single ball he has played in has been dangerous. Davies is doing ok, Freddy has been pretty meh other than the goal.
Team as a whole is looking pretty good, but then that might just be because of how terrible grenada is.
Despite Grenada being terrible, Rogers is a great player, I'd love to see him get time with the A team, as a sub in the second half at least.

I know MLS isn't the highest bar of measurement, but for Columbus, he plays really well and has been very consistent for a year or two now. He's becoming one of my favorite MLS players atm.

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
203 - 07-06-2009, 00:44
I tried to watch an MLS game the other night: Columbus vs DC which is apparently the top 2 teams in the East. The level of play was so poor. The players dont know how to look up before passing, there is no semblance of ball control, no one can possess for longer than 20 seconds unless they are passing it back to the keeper, nobody can beat anyone 1v1, scoring chances are only generated by defensive mistakes, etc. It is just too hard to watch. Bundesliga 2nd division looks like the holy grail in comparison. Now i fully get why every decent American is trying to find anyway to get to Europe.

Harlequin_Jester
VeteranX
Old
204 - 07-06-2009, 03:29
I had a box suite for the Gold Cup games on Saturday. First time I'd ever taken a game in the suites at Qwest. Rogers looked outstanding, as did Holden, and Adu looked like a useless piece of **** (don't let the goal fool you).

I felt terrible for Evans. Every time he touched the ball the crowd roared. And he promptly back-passed or ****ed up a simple touch pass with the exception of one awesome feed that whoever #22 was choked 1v1 with the keeper.

And that poor keeper. God he was awful. He hit his own players in the back with his goal kicks and couldn't get past his own 40 90% of the time. No leg.

Haiti vs. Honduras was probably the single most boring game I've ever watched. And Honduras looked like ****. Was that their A team? I hope not.

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
205 - 07-06-2009, 13:12
Everton are expected to make American midfielder Anton Peterlin their first summer signing after the 22-year-old impressed while on trial at Goodison Park. Peterlin currently plays for Ventura County Fusion, who compete in the fourth tier of football in the United States. (Press Association)

Also, Fiorentina came out on their official sight saying a "Cash + Eboue" offer Milo could see him come our way. To which I reply "What time is your flight, Eboue?"

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
206 - 07-06-2009, 13:24
Peterlin to Evertoon has been announced for a couple days

chances are he'll make zero impact at Everton, he played for Cal Poly SPO before this and never made much of an impact there, nor played for any of the national teams.

I'm not sure what Moyes is thinking except taking a chance with every individual that looks good on a youtube-like set of highlights and is available on a free

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
207 - 07-06-2009, 13:28
worked for fellani

peterlin was introduced by a former colleague of moyes's i guess

Glare
VeteranXX
Old
208 - 07-06-2009, 13:29
i dont think moyes will shatter everton's transfer record for peterlin though

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
209 - 07-06-2009, 13:30
it was a nom nom nom nominal fee from what i read

^i^Njal
VeteranX
Old
210 - 07-06-2009, 13:36
I went to Cal Poly SLO, and have actually seen Peterlin play multiple times. I don't know wtf Moyes is thinking. Here is an article from the college paper back when news about this first came out.

Living the Dream | mustangdaily.net

Quote:
He has tried out for the San Jose Earthquakes and Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer and currently plays for the Ventura County Fusion in the Premier Development League (PDL), which is viewed as the fourth-tier of professional soccer in America.
How do you fail to impress in a try out for the San Jose Earthquakes and then land a spot on Everton's roster?

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
211 - 07-06-2009, 13:38
it's totally puzzling. moyes pet project i assume. he's had a few and had quite a bit of success doing it. personally i think he's bringing in a hard working practice player to spur on the rest of his squad.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
212 - 07-06-2009, 13:56
Should have been 6-0. Nothing terribly impressive but our B squad should advance no sweat, so that's good.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
213 - 07-06-2009, 14:03
I've looked into Peterlin and all I can see is that this move must have come from the friendly Ventura county played with Everton two seasons ago, there's absolutely zero rational reason any team in england would sign a player that's shown next to nothing against relatively mediocre competition thus far.

Whether it's a kick-back, bung, network nepotism, or just plain stupidity I don't know; but something is rotten near the river Mersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glare View Post
i dont think moyes will shatter everton's transfer record for peterlin though
spending any money is a waste for a player like Peterlin when they don't have anywhere near enough money for their new stadium

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
214 - 07-06-2009, 14:11
the real fun part is he was born and raised entirely in California, so I couldn't see him lasting in Liverpool period even if he had the talent

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
215 - 07-06-2009, 14:12
whatever kizzak you're just mad b/c everton got the next lee carsley

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
216 - 07-06-2009, 14:23
obviously :~[

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
217 - 07-06-2009, 14:26

pino
VeteranX
Old
218 - 07-06-2009, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawnfest View Post
I tried to watch an MLS game the other night: Columbus vs DC which is apparently the top 2 teams in the East. The level of play was so poor. The players dont know how to look up before passing, there is no semblance of ball control, no one can possess for longer than 20 seconds unless they are passing it back to the keeper, nobody can beat anyone 1v1, scoring chances are only generated by defensive mistakes, etc. It is just too hard to watch. Bundesliga 2nd division looks like the holy grail in comparison. Now i fully get why every decent American is trying to find anyway to get to Europe.
Well DC was missing basically every creative player they have due to injury and gold cup duty, while columbus was missing Robbie Rodgers, also on gold cup duty. But i guess if you want to condemn the entire league based on one pretty lousy game, thats your prerogative.

HomeSlice
VeteranX
Old
219 - 07-06-2009, 14:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by pino View Post
Well DC was missing basically every creative player they have due to injury and gold cup duty, while columbus was missing Robbie Rodgers, also on gold cup duty. But i guess if you want to condemn the entire league based on one pretty lousy game, thats your prerogative.
He's proven to be hateful towards everything except 1 Bundesliga.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 07-06-2009, 17:36
Ancelloti unveiled today as Chelsea manager along with the signing of Zhirkov.

Page 11 of 331

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
a game of two halves , barca = bitter twats! , fa cup repeat , forever blowing bubbles , forza mourinho , jew stew , jews control soccer , liverpool > arsenal , odio is a fucking retard , rrriiiiisssseeeeeeeeeeee , soccer , they took my son , wheres my wife , yarr matey i banged katie , you'll never be gay alone , you'll never smoke alone , you'll never wank alone