Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Lairs
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 10-22-2008, 08:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic
Since the days of Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs) the idea of stumbling upon something previously missed has always evoked a certain attraction. This is especially true for those explorer types who must know every inch of space within a game’s world and be the first to document what is found there. When we speak about hidden lairs the above design and others of a similar nature are our ultimate goal.

The content designers here at EA Mythic are focused on maximizing the experience of discovery for each and every lair. We are especially focused on adding diversity to how each lair will be discovered. Examples of this diversity are short jump puzzles which will require a moderate agility, player cooperation where a number of players will need to coordinate their efforts through pressure plates and interaction with world objects, and for some lairs players might be required to remove or destroy an obstacle in order to readily access the riches found within. We expect to have quite a number of unique lairs throughout the world, each holding a special challenge for you and your troupe.

Is that it? Fear not! We could not honestly leave the value of lairs at just the experience of discovery. We have coordinated with our innovative Tome of Knowledge team to bring a number of unlocks and titles into play for your characters to enjoy. Accessing a lair will trigger an unlock from the Tome. Furthermore, any who dare to tread within may be bestowed a title upon slaying the beasts who guard the treasures inside. We have also consulted heavily with our Economy team to ensure there is a great deal of variety with any rewards distributed from within the lairs.

So... I was questing out in the blighted isle. Came across a T1 lair, figured out how to open it. Got a group together to kill the level 11 hero inside (it's in an RvR zone btw, so to kill this ***** you can't take the easy route and get a high level person to help).

Did killing the boss give:

A) Blue gear
B) Purple gear
C) A Title to indicate you've killed this boss
D) A Tome unlock

Spoiler

I'm a little disappointed that Mythic made this lair more secretive and tougher than anything else you can unlock in the ToK, and then doesn't give you anything for completing it.

Sponsored Links
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 10-22-2008, 08:57
Yeah - honestly the PVE instances are pretty lacking so far.

Although Mount Gunbad is pretty ****ing awesome.

Fitty
TW Diplomat4
Old
3 - 10-22-2008, 09:51
Gunbad is cool.

DrJonez
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 10-22-2008, 09:56
I guess when they say "great deal of variety with any rewards", that covers everything from mountains of gold all the way down to 16 brass.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
5 - 10-22-2008, 11:14
but brass is way better than copper

you could have gotten copper coins instead

therefore all coins in war are more valuable than you thought

HybridX
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 10-22-2008, 13:33
I have found two, one with the door locked in Badlands RVR lake, the other in the troll country, way to the north.

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 10-22-2008, 14:01
your binds for shield of reprisal and shield bash spell fag

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
8 - 10-22-2008, 14:02
Wtf kind of keybinds are those?

Voxx
Veteran++
Old
9 - 10-22-2008, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMyrmidon View Post
Wtf kind of keybinds are those?
He must play with the arrow keys.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 10-22-2008, 15:09
Bastion Stair isn't too bad (T4 instance).

3 wings, each more difficult that the previous, requires influence from inside PQs to progress, and drops epic setpieces required to down the final guy (or at least assist, I think a set bonus that prevents some kind of dmg was added).

Quick runs, a lot like EQ LDoN instances.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
11 - 10-22-2008, 15:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Bastion Stair isn't too bad (T4 instance).

3 wings, each more difficult that the previous, requires influence from inside PQs to progress, and drops epic setpieces required to down the final guy (or at least assist, I think a set bonus that prevents some kind of dmg was added).

Quick runs, a lot like EQ LDoN instances.
Lairs are something different.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 10-22-2008, 17:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxx View Post
He must play with the arrow keys.
I do... then again, I'm also left handed.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 10-22-2008, 18:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMyrmidon View Post
Lairs are something different.
Sorry, got them confused with something that was worth a **** :p

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Lairs

Social Website Bullshit