Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page bright wizards: a nerfing story
Page 3 of 4
Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 10-07-2008, 06:07
I know people are complaining about damage a lot, I guess I've never really noticed it on my toons since I previously played a zealot and now my main is a witch elf. I love how BW's have no chance against me and can't do anything.

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 10-07-2008, 06:40
lol I love killing witch elves

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
43 - 10-07-2008, 11:18
My roommate is a witch hunter, so I start screaming like a little girl and he just comes and kills them. Then I kill everything else.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
44 - 10-07-2008, 11:34
Yes, there's probably a kind of meta-disadvantage to having BW on the order side. Less people play Ironbreakers and healers. =P

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
45 - 10-07-2008, 12:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
This post just reeks of ignorance.

You've either never played an MMO, or you're a god damn idiot. Pick.
Ya cause you and all the WOW fan boys are more qualified to determine how the game should work than the people who created it right? It's ****ing 3 weeks old, and has been in beta for how many years? You think that they let it go gold with some hugely OP class?

If the game were a year old, I might have a different opinion. Right now I'm of the mindset that people need to learn the capabilities of their classes more before anything gets nerfed.

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 10-07-2008, 13:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
Ya cause you and all the WOW fan boys are more qualified to determine how the game should work than the people who created it right? It's ****ing 3 weeks old, and has been in beta for how many years? You think that they let it go gold with some hugely OP class?

If the game were a year old, I might have a different opinion. Right now I'm of the mindset that people need to learn the capabilities of their classes more before anything gets nerfed.
More like because no multiplayer game (and especially not an RPG) has ever released in a balanced state. You're a ****ing moron if you think the devs nailed it already.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
47 - 10-07-2008, 13:24
Quote:
More like because no multiplayer game (and especially not an RPG) has ever released in a balanced state. You're a ****ing moron if you think the devs nailed it already.
Well I'm glad you're not calling me a moron then because I said that the devs have a better idea of what balance is than the players at this point in the game.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
48 - 10-07-2008, 15:21
Quote:
It's an MMO, it's never going to be perfectly balanced. It's just the nature of the beast. MMOs have to always be adding new things and due to that they will never be balanced.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 10-07-2008, 15:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post

not sure why you mentioned wow as if it was the only other mmo ever made or relevant to discussion around class balance in a different game...

no mmo was released with perfect class balance no matter how long development was. devs not only miss things, but they also balance the game based around predictions about how people will play the game. no matter how you test in beta, nothing can perfectly predict how players will actually play the game.

anyhow if you want to discourage discussion around class balance altogether i'm not sure if i agree. Sure they should wait until endgame and probably will, but i don't see how talking about it now is going to end the world.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
50 - 10-07-2008, 16:24
I don't want to discourage discussion about balance, I guess I'm just tired of listening to people ***** about Bright Wizards. There are a ton of people who think that to be a good BW all you have to do is stand still, hit the "kill" button and end up top of the damage list.

And most of these people *****ing about it are *****ing about it based on Tier 1 experience. Well no class is going to be the same at T3 as they are at T1. At T1 on a BW you either learn to play the class and do damage, or you get killed a **** TON and it seems re-roll some other class.

I just want people to play the game longer than the three weeks it's been out, play it to at least CLOSE to end game before making blanked "nerf" posts.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 10-07-2008, 17:11
t3 is where they really come into their own.

but yeah you're right, people do ***** a little too much about them. as i've said, the only times i get frustrated is when they have 4+ BWs which makes the round unwinnable. rdps is really valuable in these early stages and our rdps isn't as good.

unloader
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 10-15-2008, 21:30
Awesome, the tears are still rolling about BW's. I've seen Sorcs put out the same damage as a BW, but that's only part of it I suspect, I've seen so many Sorc people crying about **** as minor as (example) spell graphics making the BW superior, that just shoots any argument right in the foot.

If there were as many Sorcs as BW's % wise, maybe Order would be crying about Sorcs. As it is, on my server anyways, Destro tanks and melee dps far, far outnumber Order's. If you think facing 5 BW's is a chore, try going up against about 6-8 Chosen/BO's per scenario as a BW, and it never fails they have multiple healers to back them up, that results in Order losing repeatedly, rinse repeat. In open RvR, it's the same: Order is overrun by tanks most the time. Boo hoo for us.

On Order side, we have usually about 2 tanks on average in a scenario, and we get steamrolled. Then throw in our trash-tastic WH's and (lol) WL's vs WE's and Marauders. Order really got boned in the melee dps department IMO, and even tanks (IB's are good, but SM? joke).

As usual, in the hands of a proficient player, a BW or a Sorc are going to make the class look OP, but same goes for all classes, even a Magus lol. A good Sorc will destroy people, as will a BW, thats that, if you think a Sorcs "gimped" you're crazy, and if you as a Sorc cant pump out more damage than anyone else on your team, you ****in suck and need to re-roll or go play Spore or your goddamned XBOX 360. Even though there are "mirror" classes, they're not identical to one another, obviously, and that's the way the ball bounces.

I guess we should be thankful that Order doesnt have KotBS, we'd be drowning in delicious Destro tears every day, day by day....by day...by day by day.

Summary:

If there were as many Sorcs or even Magus' etc, maybe we'd all be crying about them being overpowered, but thats not the case. BW's are a large chunk of Empire, Empire is large chunk of Order, ipso facto etc etc etc etc. You get the point, the BW is grossly magnified and appears to be too much for the JV'rs on Destro. All this clitoral inflammation that Destro appears to be suffering would be easily fixed with some Vagisil and giving Sorcs and BW's everything identical, then this would be just like WoW and all the kids would be happy. Problem solved.

Oh yeah, Sorc is gimped against BW, fyi.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 10-15-2008, 22:07
I play a zealot in t4 and BW usually do 75% to 100% more damage than any one else. Its just the way it is. The debuff alert system is too complicated to know what is going on. Before you realize you have a dot on you (or 3), you have lost half your health and unless there is a zealot around to dispel ONLY ONE of those dots, and the dispel is on a timer too, then you will die. Cause you can't heal through it unless I ignore everyone else.

Its just the way it is and i just leave scenarios when I see 3 BW on order.

I tried to dispel dots exclusively during the end part of a map. And you know what exp and reknown i got for that? nothing.

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
54 - 10-15-2008, 22:27
Just keep bunching up so I can repeatedly drop detonate on your whole team

thankx <3

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 10-16-2008, 00:36
Sorcs have, by far, the most frontload damage capability of ANY class in the game....yes even more than Bright Wizards.

Specced Agony...Shades of Death, Doombolt, Gloomburst, Impending Doom, Hand of Ruin = any target with less than 6k health is dead within seconds. Try healing through all of that.

I had zero problems on my Sorc topping the damage charts and doubling up BWs in damage. I had to work harder than I did on my BW, but it was very possible.

For the record, I enjoyed my Sorc SO much more than the BW...both aesthetically and playstyle-wise.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
56 - 10-16-2008, 00:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
For the record, I enjoyed my Sorc SO much more than the BW...both aesthetically and playstyle-wise.
Someone dig up the archives!

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 10-16-2008, 01:38
Hey, I never said I didn't enjoy my Sorc...but the balance discrepancy is undeniable.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 10-16-2008, 08:48
"Clitoral Inflammation"

awesome.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 10-21-2008, 19:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by unloader View Post
Awesome, the tears are still rolling about BW's. I've seen Sorcs put out the same damage as a BW, but that's only part of it I suspect, I've seen so many Sorc people crying about **** as minor as (example) spell graphics making the BW superior, that just shoots any argument right in the foot.

If there were as many Sorcs as BW's % wise, maybe Order would be crying about Sorcs. As it is, on my server anyways, Destro tanks and melee dps far, far outnumber Order's. If you think facing 5 BW's is a chore, try going up against about 6-8 Chosen/BO's per scenario as a BW, and it never fails they have multiple healers to back them up, that results in Order losing repeatedly, rinse repeat. In open RvR, it's the same: Order is overrun by tanks most the time. Boo hoo for us.

On Order side, we have usually about 2 tanks on average in a scenario, and we get steamrolled. Then throw in our trash-tastic WH's and (lol) WL's vs WE's and Marauders. Order really got boned in the melee dps department IMO, and even tanks (IB's are good, but SM? joke).

As usual, in the hands of a proficient player, a BW or a Sorc are going to make the class look OP, but same goes for all classes, even a Magus lol. A good Sorc will destroy people, as will a BW, thats that, if you think a Sorcs "gimped" you're crazy, and if you as a Sorc cant pump out more damage than anyone else on your team, you ****in suck and need to re-roll or go play Spore or your goddamned XBOX 360. Even though there are "mirror" classes, they're not identical to one another, obviously, and that's the way the ball bounces.

I guess we should be thankful that Order doesnt have KotBS, we'd be drowning in delicious Destro tears every day, day by day....by day...by day by day.

Summary:

If there were as many Sorcs or even Magus' etc, maybe we'd all be crying about them being overpowered, but thats not the case. BW's are a large chunk of Empire, Empire is large chunk of Order, ipso facto etc etc etc etc. You get the point, the BW is grossly magnified and appears to be too much for the JV'rs on Destro. All this clitoral inflammation that Destro appears to be suffering would be easily fixed with some Vagisil and giving Sorcs and BW's everything identical, then this would be just like WoW and all the kids would be happy. Problem solved.
****ing hell you have to be completely retarded to be this biased

Przn
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 10-22-2008, 16:35
if daoc is a good indicator, mythic is pretty terrible at class/abilities balance.

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page bright wizards: a nerfing story

Social Website Bullshit