Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page bright wizards: a nerfing story
Page 1 of 4
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 10-03-2008, 13:28
so which will it be?

nerf to bright wizards or buffing sorcerers?

obviously i would encourage the buff as opposed to nerfing a class but... ya gotta wonder which way it will go.

The War Journal Blog Archive Bright Wizard and Sorceress; One Way Mirror?

more spell math

Warhammer Forums - View Single Post - Bright Wizards

i imagine nothing should change before a chunk of people start hitting endgame

Sponsored Links
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
2 - 10-03-2008, 14:11
Related: BW Are Fine: Debunking the Article - Warhammer Forums

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 10-03-2008, 14:29
Bah all these "balance" *****ers forget the fact that the dev team put a LOT of thought into making this game balanced. They KNOW all the capabilities and how they all interact with each other, hell they created them.

So basically someone who wants it changed needs to convince the dev team that either what they did was wrong... hard to do, or that the items are not working as they were intended to work. That post didn't do either of those. Basically he was just complaining that one character class was better than the other, which is a matter of opinion.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 10-03-2008, 14:30
The silver lining here is, when half of the Order players reroll, maybe we'll get more iron breakers.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 10-03-2008, 15:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
Bah all these "balance" *****ers forget the fact that the dev team put a LOT of thought into making this game balanced. They KNOW all the capabilities and how they all interact with each other, hell they created them.

So basically someone who wants it changed needs to convince the dev team that either what they did was wrong... hard to do, or that the items are not working as they were intended to work. That post didn't do either of those. Basically he was just complaining that one character class was better than the other, which is a matter of opinion.
bright wizards being better than sorcs aren't really an opinion at this point though. put the same person with both classes, and he will perform better with the bw.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 10-03-2008, 15:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
bright wizards being better than sorcs aren't really an opinion at this point though. put the same person with both classes, and he will perform better with the bw.
Hello

Spoiler

I'm still of the opinion they need a nerf...and I play one as my main now.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 10-03-2008 at 15:41..
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 10-03-2008, 15:43
^^ see i'm some sort of genius

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
8 - 10-03-2008, 15:45
What spec are you oxy?

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
9 - 10-03-2008, 15:47
immolate i'd guess

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 10-03-2008, 15:52
seth, jay is playing on our server.

you should as well.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 10-03-2008, 15:59
If there was more than one nuker per realm it might not be so bad, you could have one with more utility and less DPS for example and it would be a bit more balanced. As is, it's an easy comparison beween Sorc and BW, and the BW wins hands down. I normally don't call for nerfs but I do think they need one, and not just a buff on the sorc. BW's do sick damage, and with the frequent crits they are rediculous. I also have one that I play, and played one for a good bit of beta, and yes they are outragous.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 10-03-2008, 16:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
seth, jay is playing on our server.

you should as well.
doh, wish i knew earlier

Sean
VeteranX
Old
13 - 10-03-2008, 16:33
I originally played a BW and my friends wanted to reroll destruction, so I made a Sorc. The BW is tremendously better. Being able to kill on the move is huge (need more dots!). While the Sorc has some nice defensive stuff, I really liked the mortal strike spell too--it really helped with burning down healers.

I could easily dominate the damage meter, now it's a struggle to keep up with BW's a couple of levels lower.

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
14 - 10-03-2008, 16:44
Quote:

This post just reeks of ignorance.

You've either never played an MMO, or you're a god damn idiot. Pick.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
15 - 10-03-2008, 16:48
empire doesn't have a heavy tank, tho

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
16 - 10-03-2008, 16:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
empire doesn't have a heavy tank, tho
So? Neither do Dark Elves.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
17 - 10-03-2008, 16:54
just pointing that out. i don't mind them doing 3x my damage as a WL. Good counter for the abundance of Chosen on destro.

anyway, I'm not trying to read too much into balance **** at this point in time. Just trying to have fun. Though it's clear some changes will be made with the new producer in charge.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
18 - 10-03-2008, 17:31
the only thing i can see from the standpoint of devs is the possibility of them wanting to wait till there is a substantial amount of rvr in the final tier before making balance determinations between realms & careers, which would make sense. but as it stands bw's dominate sorcs in t1 t2 and t3 from my personal experience.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 10-03-2008, 17:32
Sure and let's give dual wield to WP and balance WH to be in line with WE and give this class this and that class that and blah blah blah.

Nothing will be changed for a while hopefully. I am not in the mood to start "what class will be fotm OP every other month" ala WoW.

The game is balanced around RvR and that is what counts and not your 1v1 or scenario e-penis.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 10-03-2008, 17:34
Quote:

it was actually a matter of... math...

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page bright wizards: a nerfing story

Social Website Bullshit