[READ] Blood Eagle Switching to Order [IMPORTANT] by d0ggy - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page [READ] Blood Eagle Switching to Order [IMPORTANT]
Page 5 of 11
View Poll Results: What are your thoughts?
Yes, I am in favor of switching to order on a NEW server 46 52.27%
Yes, I am in favor of deleting my character and switching to order on the SAME server 12 13.64%
No, I am not in favor of switching to order 21 23.86%
I don't care, I will follow BE wherever they go 33 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Evil Engineer
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
81 - 09-28-2008, 07:41
I'll move where ever the majority decides to go, playing alone is no fun

Sponsored Links
Ender
ValtreX
Old
82 - 09-28-2008, 07:51
This split would be retarded if it wasn't a uniformed or close to uniform decision.

I hope whatever the leadership does decide to do will reflect in the player numbers. I wouldn't mind re rolling. I like the idea of being able to switch sides on the same server to show what's up. It would definitely be epic.

However, who's to say that Mythic/EA won't provide a solution for this? I mean, what if they did something to balance it out? I am sure Mythic won't sit back and let servers just go on with the unbalance.

Maybe they're taking a market-oriented approach, and are hoping that guilds like BE would switch sides to benefit their own "taste for blood" situation.

I only have a rank 10 marauder, so I am down for whatever.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
83 - 09-28-2008, 08:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodoFett View Post
I absolutely would not roll on Skull Throne.
Even Order? Why?

I think BE needs to keep all options on the table both in terms of server choice and in terms of which faction side to roll. Order has its plus sides (and i say that as somebody 100% in love with shaman).

I don't know of any server where there are more Order than Destro.

That doesn't mean the scenario queues reflect the population rations, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draynar View Post
Honestly my goal is order with the main BE folks
It's helpful that people admit their leanings in terms of order/destro.

We need to separate discussion of server home from personal biases one way or another. Having a strong desire to play one side is fine. We just don't need folks "confusing" things, say... by being a bit zealous to tell everybody on vent that "we're rerolling order on another server" for example.

We need to build consensus and make a very informed decision.

I personally also want to be sure we discuss with the 2 other guilds in our alliance.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
84 - 09-28-2008, 08:18
1st things 1st is a decision about whether the grass is actually greener on another server.

Whether T2 & T3 have regular back & forth control of objectives

24/7 objective action. Not just a keep zerg during prime time.

The endgame is about back & forth RvR, and most servers are going to suck balls with one side dominating 24/7. I think the indicators of a good endgame on a server is whether there are lots of small groups constantly looking to take objectives. This is very different from having a big keep zerg vs zerg every night.

Whether the side we'd pick has long server queue times

I know this is a major concern for rolling Destro on Skull Throne. Obviously it isn't as much of a concern for the Order side, however. The truth is, this consideration lends itself to shifting to order... but pop ratios and pvp activity or even scenario q times arent necessarily correlated.

Currently "high pop" vs a "hot spot" for pvp

You could argue that today's high pop servers may be too popular and that folks will be looking to move onto a pvp hot spot (just like us). Word can spread fast about hype around the next "hot" spot to play. That's how skull throne became a cluster-****. It may turn out that many pvp-oriented guilds are all looking for a new home at the same time, and that it may be a lower pop server right now. This means we need to whore the forums to feel out what's going on.

guilded numbers...

Averheim - Order: 2075, Destruction: 2411, Ratio = 1:1.2
Azazel - Order: 2074, Destruction: 2334, Ratio = 1:1.1
Badlands - Order: 2459, Destruction: 2772, Ratio = 1:1.1
Red Eye Mountain - Order: 2642, Destruction: 3657, Ratio = 1:1.4
Skull Throne - Order: 2923, Destruction: 3353, Ratio = 1:1.1

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
85 - 09-28-2008, 10:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Engineer View Post
I'll move where ever the majority decides to go, playing alone is no fun
I feel the same, and I think this is a point of serious consideration.

Let's say that 60% of the current BE players move from Ulthuan/Destruction - regardless of what server or side they move to, those people stop playing Ulth/Dest as their main focus. If that happens, isn't the BE on Ulth/Dest dead anyway? We have a decent number of active players there, but not enough that if half or more left it would still be a viable guild.

Personally I love my Marauder there, but if BE stops being active on Ulth/Dest I won't play that character any more so deleting it isn't going to be a problem. I'm saying this mainly towards the discussion of rolling as Order on Ulthuan, but really it applies to any discussion of a change, because the concern about some people not wanting to delete their characters is a valid one. I believe that if a change is made of any kind, most if not all of the people currently in BE on Ulth/Dest are not going to have anything left to stay around for.

I've played both sides through T2 pretty extensively through guild beta to now and I have classes on both sides I like. If pressed to make a choice between the two sides, I think Order is better both in class power and in the fact of being the underdog in population on most any server. My only real feeling on the decision is that I do not want to continue on Ulth/Dest as I can't even get motivated to log in there any longer. It might change in a month or so, but I won't wait that long. I've been excited about the game since I heard about years ago, loved it in guild beta enough to pre-order the CE at $90 and couldn't wait for retail to start. Less than two weeks in on Ulth/Dest I didn't have a desire to log in - it's that boring to me.

I think we need to pick a few servers where Order is appealing and a few where Destruction is appealing and put up a poll thread. Make it a public poll so we can see who voted what, because we don't want people that aren't even playing WAR to vote unless they can say they will play IF a certain selection is made. I'd also like to see how many of the current DS players would consider moving if Order was picked on a server other than Mordheim.

Gundam
VeteranX
Old
86 - 09-28-2008, 10:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
My only real feeling on the decision is that I do not want to continue on Ulth/Dest as I can't even get motivated to log in there any longer. It might change in a month or so, but I won't wait that long. I've been excited about the game since I heard about years ago, loved it in guild beta enough to pre-order the CE at $90 and couldn't wait for retail to start. Less than two weeks in on Ulth/Dest I didn't have a desire to log in - it's that boring to me.
The PvE of this game is fairly boring, and that is what Ulthuan is quickly turning into I fear, I don't want to give it up, but trying out something different might be a breath of fresh air many of us are looking for. It wasn't that people wanted to hop ship that is making this so convoluted, it was that that they were enthusiastic about it. To make it worse Ulthuan's pubbies are terrible and I don't see them improving.

As others have said though, this is fundamentally splitting the guild and is being pushed through in a haphazard way. I think we need to take a few days and test the waters on Red Eye and see how we like it. We aren't abandoning Ulthuan after all, as we can't just split that guild off. The problem is the Order guild on Mordheim. I'm not sure how many people actually want to go there, but my guess is their numbers are slim. Any action we take to move to play order on a different server is effectively a great big middle finger to our Mordheim brethren, but things do not always work that way and we need to settle down and take a vote once we have given people a few days to weigh their options.

G-Force
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 09-28-2008, 10:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post

Order has its plus sides (and i say that as somebody 100% in love with shaman).
taken from an earlier post above me here....

if you love shaman, then you'll love the Archmage, same ****ing class pretty much. I was suprised at how similar they were.

Archmage is a little cooler though, you shoot rainbow coloured beams out of your hands and laser beams out of your eyes (im not joking, its the animation for one of the dots). "Taste the rainbow, *****"

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 09-28-2008, 11:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam View Post
The PvE of this game is fairly boring, and that is what Ulthuan is quickly turning into I fear, I don't want to give it up, but trying out something different might be a breath of fresh air many of us are looking for. It wasn't that people wanted to hop ship that is making this so convoluted, it was that that they were enthusiastic about it. To make it worse Ulthuan's pubbies are terrible and I don't see them improving.

As others have said though, this is fundamentally splitting the guild and is being pushed through in a haphazard way. I think we need to take a few days and test the waters on Red Eye and see how we like it. We aren't abandoning Ulthuan after all, as we can't just split that guild off. The problem is the Order guild on Mordheim. I'm not sure how many people actually want to go there, but my guess is their numbers are slim. Any action we take to move to play order on a different server is effectively a great big middle finger to our Mordheim brethren, but things do not always work that way and we need to settle down and take a vote once we have given people a few days to weigh their options.
we've got more than 50 people in the mordheim guild. We're fine. You guys can go where you want.

HybridX
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 09-28-2008, 11:26
I want to go where the action is, any side, but I want to ****ing rvr, not grind PQs and quests waiting an hour for one dam pop.

Dead Ben
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 09-28-2008, 11:27
My 2 cents

I want to play where the majority of people go for both Order and Destro. Personally I like being the underdog, so I am all for a switch to Order. If there was a server where a lot of major guilds are Destruction and in serious need of some good Order, then why not go there. I'm not sure how we originally picked servers but somehow I guess we didn't pick good ones.

I don't understand why we would need to go anywhere other than Mordheim though. This was established a while back so the change in server doesn't make sense. Of course I think it would be grand to roll Order on Ulthain just to **** some people up.

Picking a third or fourth server to test the waters is a bit odd since we have people already holding down the fort on Mordheim. Unless those folks in Mordheim wanted to make a bit of a mass exodus themselves then what we are effectively doing is further splitting up the TW brotherhood.

I guess that is the problem when we have a conglomeration of forum posters and not really a guild proper. Too many chiefs.

It would be nice for once to be in a TW guild Order or Destruction (and it's alternate on a separate server) and not have all this splitting that goes on.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
91 - 09-28-2008, 11:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
Archmage is a little cooler though, you shoot rainbow coloured beams out of your hands and laser beams out of your eyes (im not joking, its the animation for one of the dots). "Taste the rainbow, *****"
how dare you insult the shaman.

i shun your rainbows.

HybridX
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 09-28-2008, 11:28
and having one keep siege a week.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
93 - 09-28-2008, 11:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam View Post
we need to take a few days and test the waters on Red Eye and see how we like it.
Why Red Eye?

If we made a mistake in picking a server, on what basis are we exploring another?

More rash server hopping or something actually solid enough to make a decision on? I dont think the idea is to "test the waters" by playing all over the place. That's a huge huge huge mistake. We either make a move as a guild or we do not. Investigating servers is fine, but sending dozens of people off to level chars all over the place is not constructive.

1. what is the consensus on ulthuan?
2. what other servers are there with strong pvp?
3. what are the strengths/weaknesses of each candidate?

FFS jsut running off to reroll on a server without communicating or explaining the reasons... not very helpful, gang.

Last edited by TseTse; 09-28-2008 at 11:37..
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 09-28-2008, 11:39
TseTse, you act as if being the underdog is a bad thing. Personally, I WANT to be on a server with a 1:1.5 population. I want to always have a keep or BO that needs to be taken. I want the instant queues and ability to go into the RvR lakes and actually find some action. I want the enemy to constantly outnumber me. I want the enemy to have actual skills and be competitive.

I believe it's the ultimate challenge. We pride ourselves on being PvP oriented...well let's go somewhere and on a side that gets the most PvP.

I'll agree that this has been pushed through haphazardly, and we should definitely vote. I didn't intend it to be this way. I was just voicing my concerns and boredom and a lot of people happened to agree.

I think we can safely say flipping on Ulthuan is a no-go. There are just too many people who would not delete their characters.

So we need to look at other servers. Skull Throne is a no-go, because regardless of the amount of "hardcores" there, the queues are just insane. (Though personally, I don't mind waiting to get in game if it means that when I'm in, it's a quality experience)

Red Eye Mountain seems to be in the same boat as Ulthuan, with all the skilled players being on Destro. When I checked last night, they owned all T2 and T3 keeps. However, at least in tier 1, there was a constant battle in the Empire/Chaos RvR lake, with the BOs changing sides, literally when their timers were up...which to me, shows a want by the general population of both sides to RvR. For example, Ulthuan's T1 Chaos/Empire lake is always dead with destro always having the BOs.

I understand that there are some people who absolutely refuse to play Order and those who don't want to leave Ulthuan...and that's okay. I have no problem at all with that. But, for now, I'm done with that server. I wouldn't mind going back in a few months and reexamining it, to see if any progress has been made. But right now, it's a chore for me to even log in...and I don't want to do that for the 2-3+ weeks it's going to take me to get to Rank 40.

That's why a decision needs to be made sooner, rather than later. Time-investment's a big issue to all of us.

I have to head to work. I'll be back in a few hours.

Dead Ben
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 09-28-2008, 11:43
Why was Mordheim decided to be a definite no though?

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 09-28-2008, 11:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Ben View Post
Why was Mordheim decided to be a definite no though?
My main issue is its overall population. It sits on Medium/Medium at primetime. I've checked it out several times. Like I said, if Diamond Sword was still on Badlands, a high pop server, I would have absolutely no problem joining them if the blood was flowing sufficiently.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
97 - 09-28-2008, 11:56
the pvp is good though.

G-Force
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 09-28-2008, 11:58
i'm on DS..and if you guys roll order somewhere (where we are the underdog) then i'll join you guys. I'm sure im not the only one who would do so either.

G-Force
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 09-28-2008, 12:02
i was just scrolling through some server pops... Red Eye Mountain looks like a good place for rolling Order...would definately be the underdog.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
100 - 09-28-2008, 12:09
Guys... stop talking about RATIOS alone.

As we know, ratios dont mean jack ****ing **** down the line in terms of pvp activity. There's more to this than tier1 queues. We need to investigate servers without getting ourselves back into trouble again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
TseTse, you act as if being the underdog is a bad thing.
Not really.

I'd be happy to roll order on a strong pvp server.

I personally... want nothing less than to be on one of the 1-2 best pvp servers in warhammer.

Not just satisfied with some ****ty keep zerg once a night against the same **** guild for years...

e'hem.

EDIT: cleaning this up due to nerd rage...

My fellow americans,

My point is... our entire focus should be on finding strong pvp servers to investigate.

I have no problem with folks investigating new servers and all that, but everybody needs to understand that a big rash move to re-roll on a new server... without discussing it... without explaining the server choice... without actually TELLING everybody... isn't constructive.

Last edited by TseTse; 09-28-2008 at 12:28..
Page 5 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page [READ] Blood Eagle Switching to Order [IMPORTANT]

Social Website Bullshit