[Official] does this game suck or not? by Nail Bomb - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page [Official] does this game suck or not?
Page 3 of 3
Slobax
VeteranX
Old
41 - 09-24-2008, 17:32
the fact that most peoples argument to it sucking is "bad / clunky animations" is kind of funny to me

At least the actual GAME doesn't suck. It still has the fresh game engine feel to some small things like the animation glitches and performance problems though.

Sponsored Links
godswill
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 09-24-2008, 17:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobax View Post
the fact that most peoples argument to it sucking is "bad / clunky animations" is kind of funny to me

At least the actual GAME doesn't suck. It still has the fresh game engine feel to some small things like the animation glitches and performance problems though.
I never straight said the game sucked you **** muffin.. The OP asked if the game sucked or not so I gave him my straight up opinion..

It wasn't just the spell animations being clunk/bad .. it was the overall character movement felt slow and forced.. I don't know how else to explain it.. Felt like an older games character animation.. this was on my first character, a dark elf sorceress.. the legs didnt' seem to bend when she ran ..

The only character seemed to be the "greenskins" that felt somewhat normal when they moved..

Oh and the spell graphic for "Doom Bolt" for the Sorceress looks absolutely ****ing HORRIBLE. What else .. umm .. why the **** do the arrows and bullets go so god damned slow?! You can see their animation turn in mid air.. looks atrocious

--------

On the flip side of things .. I love the gameplay they have brought.. all the different elements to leveling .. be in public quests, or scenarios and questing are all pretty damned sweet.. I've only hit level 8 but these are my first impressions.. I'm stoked on trying RvR and keep battles..

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 09-24-2008, 18:11
the animations at distance are definitely clunky

I just don't mind it

Sir Lucius
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 09-24-2008, 18:48
I tolerate it because my expectations were low to begin with.

I didn't come in expecting to be WoW'd (heh).

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
45 - 09-24-2008, 20:48
I just don't get why people care if you like it or not, I mean Slobax, do you own stock in Mythic? Its an opinion, it doesn't matter what you think is stupid or not because opinions differ from one person to the next.

To some people yes, animations are a HUGE deal, for me its not game breaking, but I do get annoyed if it looks like **** I just wouldn't NOT play because of it but I do see where some wouldn't.

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 09-25-2008, 09:18
I don't care about it at all from an aesthetics perspective, I care about it from an "I can't ****ing tell if my spell went off" perspective. There's a Youtube video that shows all the **** I'm talking about, lemme see if I can find it...

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizauc00RPA

Last edited by PessimiStick; 09-25-2008 at 09:26..
Evil Engineer
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
47 - 09-25-2008, 09:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
I don't care about it at all from an aesthetics perspective, I care about it from an "I can't ****ing tell if my spell went off" perspective. There's a Youtube video that shows all the **** I'm talking about, lemme see if I can find it...

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizauc00RPA
give it time, its not like animations are absolutly game breaking, at least the action you take still happens, although it is annoying some times

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
48 - 09-25-2008, 09:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Engineer View Post
give it time, its not like animations are absolutly game breaking, at least the action you take still happens, although it is annoying some times
It doesn't happen though, that's the entire point.

The animations are essentially meaningless eyecandy, and really don't do anything except distract you and try to get you to **** up casts. When a fireball leaves my hand, it should damn well hit the ****ing target and do damage. However, I can get the animation to complete over and over again while dealing 0 actual damage. That's a pretty huge ****ing bug.

--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 09-25-2008, 11:11
Quote:
It doesn't happen though, that's the entire point.

The animations are essentially meaningless eyecandy, and really don't do anything except distract you and try to get you to **** up casts. When a fireball leaves my hand, it should damn well hit the ****ing target and do damage. However, I can get the animation to complete over and over again while dealing 0 actual damage. That's a pretty huge ****ing bug.
Then you're doing it wrong. If you are trying to move before your fireball actually registers damage, it's your own fault.

I've never had an instance of a fireball (or any spell) actually being cast, waiting for the damage to register or healing to register, and having it not actually do damage or healing, and I talked to a few BW friends of mine and they don't know what you're talking about.

My biggest issue with this game is the damn broken morale cooldown timers...when my R1 morale is not greyed out, it should ****ing work.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 09-25-2008, 11:41
On the spells/abilities - it's a timing thing, every game has it. You have to learn how to time actions to get the most effectiveness out of it. Because WAR doesn't queue abilities like DAoC (which is a good call imo) you get issues like that.

From the thousands of BWs that are roasting their enemies across all the servers, I'd say the system isn't broken.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 09-25-2008, 11:47
no its not just a timing thing, what pess is talking about is an actual bug. The animation shows the spell firing but it doesn't really fire.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
52 - 09-25-2008, 16:19
As a sorcerer, i havent had any problems with spells not casting. Now on my marauder, yes. Ive done skills that never hit anyone but clearly did the animation.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 09-25-2008, 16:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
no its not just a timing thing, what pess is talking about is an actual bug. The animation shows the spell firing but it doesn't really fire.
It's not hard to see the problem. The problem is that the actual animation doesn't seem to have any kinds of interaction with the actual casting. You cast the spell, and the animation will go to the exact time to cast, and that never factors in disrupts, interrupts, being hit, etc. I'd like to think that part at least could be fixed easily.

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
54 - 09-25-2008, 16:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by --chaingun View Post
Then you're doing it wrong. If you are trying to move before your fireball actually registers damage, it's your own fault.

I've never had an instance of a fireball (or any spell) actually being cast, waiting for the damage to register or healing to register, and having it not actually do damage or healing, and I talked to a few BW friends of mine and they don't know what you're talking about.

My biggest issue with this game is the damn broken morale cooldown timers...when my R1 morale is not greyed out, it should ****ing work.
Then please tell me -- why do spells have animations and cast bars? It sure as **** isn't to tell you when your spells are finished casting.

I can stand around like a retard staring at my target looking for floating combat text while I get ass****ed, but you'd think that when the cast bar finishes and the fancy fireball leaves my hand, I'd be allowed to move.

It's a stupid ****ing mechanic and anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about is most likely ****ing bad at games (as the only way this would never happen to you is if you just stand there and never react quickly to anything).

godswill
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 09-25-2008, 17:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
On the spells/abilities - it's a timing thing, every game has it. You have to learn how to time actions to get the most effectiveness out of it. Because WAR doesn't queue abilities like DAoC (which is a good call imo) you get issues like that.

From the thousands of BWs that are roasting their enemies across all the servers, I'd say the system isn't broken.
It's not a timing thing .. it's a bug .. it's been posted..

And yes, WAR does have a Queue..

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 09-25-2008, 20:09
Quote:
It's a stupid ****ing mechanic and anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about is most likely ****ing bad at games (as the only way this would never happen to you is if you just stand there and never react quickly to anything).
i agree

i dont look at my castbar, i'm looking at the action. it is a big bug.

i just don't see the big deal. it took blizzard 2 years before they "fixed" arcane missiles or blinking under the ground. mmos have bugs... wow had some bigger bugs... wow still has bugs.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 09-25-2008, 22:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by godswill View Post
It's not a timing thing .. it's a bug .. it's been posted..

And yes, WAR does have a Queue..
When I said ability queue I meant like keying a fireball ability while one is casting. When the first casts the second begins it's cast immediately and automatically - WAR does not have that. There is a term for it when they used it in DAoC but I can't remember.

On the timing issue, I started a BW today. I played one a good bit in guild beta and open beta and it's definitely different now. I didn't understand what was being said until I saw it myself, but yes after the cast bar is done, the fireball leaves your hand and is in route, if you move it will interrupt. Hopefully they can track that down pretty easily because it certainly was not like that in earlier builds.

Serle
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 09-26-2008, 01:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
When I said ability queue I meant like keying a fireball ability while one is casting. When the first casts the second begins it's cast immediately and automatically - WAR does not have that. There is a term for it when they used it in DAoC but I can't remember.

On the timing issue, I started a BW today. I played one a good bit in guild beta and open beta and it's definitely different now. I didn't understand what was being said until I saw it myself, but yes after the cast bar is done, the fireball leaves your hand and is in route, if you move it will interrupt. Hopefully they can track that down pretty easily because it certainly was not like that in earlier builds.
Uhh..I dont know if its supposed to happen but i can queue 2 or 3 spells in advance.

--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 09-26-2008, 01:30
I'm looking at the action too, and I react very fast as I'm playing a healer and not a BW. I love how when someone else is adapting to an issue that you are whining about, they are bad at this game.

Never had a problem with what you're talking about, and my BW friends who do fine don't have that issue. Animation / cast bar / ability actually affecting target problems have been present for a long time, but after a little getting used to (aka waiting an extra millisecond) it's not unplayable. Granted most of us have been playing the game for 4-5 months and are probably more used to it.

But you're probably right...I don't have the catlike reflexes required to actually see this bug. Maybe in a few months down the line I'll reach your level.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 09-26-2008, 07:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serle View Post
Uhh..I dont know if its supposed to happen but i can queue 2 or 3 spells in advance.

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page [Official] does this game suck or not?

Social Website Bullshit