Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [UK] Stuff to see and do
Page 2 of 10
TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 03-01-2011, 21:05
sure.

also, any beers i need to try that arent in the US?

Sponsored Links
GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 03-01-2011, 21:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_Grungir View Post
sure.

also, any beers i need to try that arent in the US?

You might want to PM Al Muk for beer info.

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 03-01-2011, 21:10
I think Muk would be better with cider info, from what I've heard you should try some of them when you're in the area (hint, not strongbow). Avoid Special Brew (beer) at all costs.

GKFC
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 03-01-2011, 21:13
I used to live in Cambridge, head out there if you can it's a nice place. That and it's surrounding little villages.

Best time is Summer ( if such a term really applies) though when you can punt down the river Cam and watch drunk Uni students fall overboard.

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 03-01-2011, 21:29
Doug The Head: We have beaches Avi.
Cousin Avi: Yeah? Who the **** want's to see em'?

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 03-01-2011, 21:52
I've been to Cardiff a few times, and there's a castle there that is pretty cool. I would also highly recommend seeing a football (soccer) game, maybe Cardiff City or Swansea since both are about to be promoted to the Premier League. I'm a huge sports nut but the best time I ever had was going to a English Football game.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 03-02-2011, 05:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb View Post
I think Muk would be better with cider info, from what I've heard you should try some of them when you're in the area (hint, not strongbow). Avoid Special Brew (beer) at all costs.
nothin the **** wrong with special brew in the right situation!

and strongbow is worth trying if only as a starter, get a half-pint and try it, it's probably the kind of sweet stuff you'll be used to, then if you can get a chance, get ahold of a 3litre (6 pint-ish) bottle of our famous white cider, like white ace or (if you can get it) WHITE LIGHTNING whaoaoaaaa

beers? um, well guiness maybe if you havent tried it in ireland, since I'm told it tastes better the closer it is to the old country (doesnt travel so well), try some boddingtons (good ol stout), and just ask the offlicence owner if he has any decent 'real ales' (not a fan myself)

as for things to do, I'd always say go to monkey world or the bovington tank museum, but they're a ****in TREK from chelts

you could always get in an authentic british pubfight?

oh yeah, and for some reason tourists like to go to the cheltenham racecourse

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 03-02-2011, 05:24
**** knows what (if anything) is good to see/do around Cheltenham

did you just recommend white lightning to someone DA? :boggle:

adrian ng
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 03-02-2011, 05:27
I guess you could go find Jeremy Clarkson's house. I know he lives in Dean, Chipping Norton. It's quite a small village from the looks of things so it shouldn't take too long to work it out.

edit: upon closer inspection, Dean consists of 3 mansions. Should be really easy!

Last edited by adrian ng; 03-02-2011 at 05:31..
Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
30 - 03-02-2011, 05:28
be sure to wear a shirt that points out how gay the soccer is

it's also custom to yell "**** the queen" out loud before taking your first sip in a pub

Pipeofdeath
VeteranX
Old
31 - 03-02-2011, 05:55
BBC News - Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream seized for safety tests

absent
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 03-02-2011, 06:05
See all the ******s, pakis and arabs, and how you can't tell you're in the UK at all. Could be Bombay for all you know.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 03-02-2011, 06:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
**** knows what (if anything) is good to see/do around Cheltenham

did you just recommend white lightning to someone DA? :boggle:
hey man everybody should get the chance to enjoy a massive hangover at the same time as an epig sugar crash

plus it actually does taste rather nice

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 03-02-2011, 06:14
i thought they banned it from shops because it was too cheap and ****ty

maybe that was only down here, i guess your lot would revolt and overthrow the government if they took away cheap booze ;d

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 03-02-2011, 06:23
nah what they did with lightning was put it into cans and make it like twice as expensive

so they came out with big bottles of white ACE which is exactly the same and just as tasty

RedMeat
Veteran++
Old
36 - 03-02-2011, 06:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
nothin the **** wrong with special brew in the right situation!

and strongbow is worth trying if only as a starter, get a half-pint and try it, it's probably the kind of sweet stuff you'll be used to, then if you can get a chance, get ahold of a 3litre (6 pint-ish) bottle of our famous white cider, like white ace or (if you can get it) WHITE LIGHTNING whaoaoaaaa

beers? um, well guiness maybe if you havent tried it in ireland, since I'm told it tastes better the closer it is to the old country (doesnt travel so well), try some boddingtons (good ol stout), and just ask the offlicence owner if he has any decent 'real ales' (not a fan myself)

as for things to do, I'd always say go to monkey world or the bovington tank museum, but they're a ****in TREK from chelts

you could always get in an authentic british pubfight?

oh yeah, and for some reason tourists like to go to the cheltenham racecourse
hahahahahaha

also wtf is a bloodnugget.

GCHQ is in Cheltenham, but other than that...you're in Gloucestershire, so...If it was me I'd go to Bristol, maybe Oxford. Depends on your range.

EDIT: Find a real ale pub. There will be ALOT of beers that aren't in the US. May not be to your taste though.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 03-02-2011, 06:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMeat View Post
also wtf is a bloodnugget.
jomo hasn't quite got the hang of UK slang - although, that's not surprising as he seems to be copying most of it from Al'Muk who just makes up weird things to say on here for attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMeat View Post
GCHQ is in Cheltenham, but other than that...you're in Gloucestershire, so...If it was me I'd go to Bristol, maybe Oxford. Depends on your range.
this

if you end up coming to Oxford PM me, i'll show you somewhere cool to drink, some decent sights to see, and the area where all the ethics hang out so you can go home believing absent's description of the UK ;D

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 03-02-2011, 06:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
jomo hasn't quite got the hang of UK slang - although, that's not surprising as he seems to be copying most of it from Al'Muk who just makes up weird things to say on here for attention
that's a pernicious lie

I am conversant in like 5 different types of slang, I just accidentally mix them up when I'm not paying attention

****in charva

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 03-02-2011, 07:07
i take it back, you've never been one to seek attention on the internet

RedMeat
Veteran++
Old
40 - 03-02-2011, 07:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
that's a pernicious lie

I am conversant in like 5 different types of slang, I just accidentally mix them up when I'm not paying attention

****in charva
which ones?

Page 2 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [UK] Stuff to see and do

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
crap filled vagaina , mein poopenshaft