if its over 1000, ill leave TW forever by triple standards

Sponsored Links
McLovin
Veteran5
Old
162 - 03-11-2011, 03:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu View Post
Uh no he's not. Pretty sure he ran out of money and came home awhile ago. A couple of his nip friends apparently were sleeping all day though so clearly this is no big deal. In fact, it's such not a big deal that LGBR is going to post 10 or 20 more times about how small of a deal it is. Everyone just chill out and let him tell us the facts, this man used to be a bartender in Japan afterall.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 03-11-2011, 03:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
Saved for future reference

edit: beat me to it.

CogitoČ
VeteranX
Old
164 - 03-11-2011, 03:29
The refinery fire footage was truly insane. It looks like one of the tanks or lines caught fire, causing one of the tanks to burst. There were like 20 tanks all in a fairly dense cluster and it looked like one after another each one caught fire in a gigantic ****ing fireball. That is probably a multibillion dollar facility. There looked like there were fire crews about a half mile away probably unable to come any closer because of the heat, and their water was mostly steam by the time it hit the ground. Insane.

I'm sure after the first tank caught fire, some operator was probably like "Oh. ****."

def
VeteranXX
Old
165 - 03-11-2011, 03:30
what does triple standards mean

BlueSoxSWJ
VeteranX
Old
166 - 03-11-2011, 03:33
On the one hand, if this stays an 8.9 officially, it'll be the fifth largest recorded earthquake in the world since 1900, per the geologist they had on. On the other hand, there have been a series of quakes near this one happening for the last 48 hours, including a 7.2, so all the coastal areas were in a higher state of alert then usual. Add in that Japan is build to withstand huge earthquakes, and there might not be a better place in the world this could've happened. As the commentators were pointing out, the quake itself seemed to collapse almost no buildings, even in the closest towns to the epicenter. The first shores hit by the tsunami had about 15 minutes warning specifically because they were still expecting aftershocks from the 7.2 two days ago and were monitoring the fault closely.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
167 - 03-11-2011, 03:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
How many till you commit ritualistic suicide with a knife?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
168 - 03-11-2011, 03:37
i didnt want to reply to eyecu's post because i dont want him to think he won

but im in the states attending family matters and returning to school (lol career student). money was actually the reason i wanted to stay, but i have an obligation to take care of two old people with alzheimers. it sucks.

now, a realistic death toll...

consider that tokyo is pretty much unharmed, and kyoto and osaka are pretty much unharmed.... and yokohama and nagoya are along the same lines.... and kagoshima is okay.... and fukuoka is okay... basically, sendai is the only city that really got hit.

honestly, if its over 1000 ill be shocked, and itll be a sad loss of life, but i dont feel its right to sit here and make conjecture about it while people are suffering.

all im doing is pointing out that
1) this **** happens
2) the reason it doesnt make headlines here is because they know what to do when it happens
3) the reason it made headlines this time is because its huge

theres not going to be a huge public panic over this. i imagine after a couple of days pretty much everything will be back to normal there and we certainly won't even hear about it.

consider the fact that 250,000+ people died in thailand and everybody had forgotten less than 2 weeks later.

thats the kinda **** that sickens me. its like the cameras swoop in to catch the **** as it goes down but when the real news starts, they vanish looking for the next catastrophe.

but i digress. anyways, all my friends are okay for the moment, im gonna try to head back to sleep.

but if i find out my **** got broken im gonna be pissed because all my **** is still in my apartment :<

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 03-11-2011, 03:39
This is from a Navy from who is stationed over in Japan right now.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
170 - 03-11-2011, 03:39
triple standards means i wont post for like 6 hours and then come back and pretend i never said any of this

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 03-11-2011, 03:40
Only 8 deaths?

Jahoda Duck
Veteran++
Old
172 - 03-11-2011, 03:42
too early to know. theres ppl missing

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
173 - 03-11-2011, 03:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
Only 8 deaths?
up to 10 now

Lots of people missing near the coast.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
174 - 03-11-2011, 03:44
yeah dont count on an official - and accurate - deathtoll to ever come out of japan

they still have villages that claim to have 140 year old people living in them and its a common motif in japanese crime to not report your folks dead to collect on their pension

Ender
ValtreX
Old
175 - 03-11-2011, 03:44
going surfing.
eddie would go

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
176 - 03-11-2011, 03:45
eddie would definitely go

cael
VeteranXX
Old
177 - 03-11-2011, 03:47
I'm 2.5 miles from the beach, probably going to have to evacuate.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
178 - 03-11-2011, 03:48
Kind of hard to check the coastal areas as water is still returning to the ocean.

Special---K
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
179 - 03-11-2011, 03:48
on a serious note
why the **** is the late night CNN crew all women?

in times of crisis like this I want my news from a man

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 03-11-2011, 03:48
Honda stock is going to drop like a rock.

Page 9 of 127

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Godzilla! Huge Earthquake in Japan

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo's head hit ground , crap filled vagaina , derp harbor , easy peasy japnuke , giant radioactive lizard , godzirra!! , i banged katie too , japs gave me cancer , jomo is never white , lgbr says erryting aok , my rod is hot , never forget pearl harbor , nuclear power scares me , nuclear powered monsters , the ocean took my son , we sinned god attacks , yarr matey i banged katie