Reload this Page VANSTER!!!!?>@@@@ CONFIRM DENY
Page 2 of 4
Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 09-18-2011, 18:38
I'll read that later

but I can confirm the pooping thing, and also the stench of detox

it's hard to do it when you quit the liquor for some reason, meanwhile one shot and I'll feel like taking an awesome one

and yeah when your body is dispensing with all the toxins, you basically sweat it out. if you've ever had a really bad bender (like, a few days of straight, straight drinking) you'll notice a tendency to sweat a lot more, even when it's cold as ****, and it'll smell like brewhouse sweat

Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 09-18-2011, 19:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obibun View Post
if you've ever had a really bad bender (like, a few days of straight, straight drinking) you'll notice a tendency to sweat a lot more, even when it's cold as ****, and it'll smell like brewhouse sweat
This was my experience as well. Never had a problem with ****s though--but when I quit, I went straight to Fiber One and Kashi fiber cereals for breakfast.

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 09-18-2011, 19:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obibun View Post
I'll read that later

but I can confirm the pooping thing, and also the stench of detox

it's hard to do it when you quit the liquor for some reason, meanwhile one shot and I'll feel like taking an awesome one

and yeah when your body is dispensing with all the toxins, you basically sweat it out. if you've ever had a really bad bender (like, a few days of straight, straight drinking) you'll notice a tendency to sweat a lot more, even when it's cold as ****, and it'll smell like brewhouse sweat
I can attest to the cold sweats. Forgot to mention that in my other post.

In the long run what keeps me from going on those days long benders is the memory and fact that for every day of drinking it takes me 3 to recover and feel normal.

And Vanster is right on about AA people. For every one that makes a year sober there are 20 that habitually relapse (like me). Coffee and cigarettes in mass quantities are the norm which is another reason why I wont be going back full time (quit smoking due to heart attack).

Now, if I could just switch my addiction from alcohol to exercise I'd be set.

I plan on making a meeting every few months or so just to remind myself of what will, not might, happen if I let myself go on benders.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 09-18-2011, 19:12
I don't mean to knock AA; it's done more good than harm, and is still how many credit their sobriety. It's just that the AA people I've met (that I made the stupid STUPID mistake of telling them I was in recovery) have completely jumped down my throat when they learn I've never been to an AA meeting. They preach that I'm just on the road to ruin, that my solution is even worse than if I was still drinking; I even had one person tell me that I was going to have to completely relapse, hit rock bottom, join AA, and only THEN would I actually be recovering. Sure, whatever. The way I see it, if I die of old age before that happens, I win. Suck it.

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 09-18-2011, 19:15
i ****ing like night terrors. People say ohhh these are scarry.!!!! my sister was saying ohh they are bad...and i said "SAYS WHO"
Night terrors are great, I have sick dream recall because my mind is constantly working or things.

last night the enemy was coming..i think they were bosnian and myself and the other villagers were arming up, all my guns were n the mantle and my shotgun loaded like a BB gun. The gun was as big as the palm of my hand and the shells were sooo small but i was sooo careful because i was like this gun in dangerous.

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 09-18-2011, 19:32
Yeah Im not knocking AA either. It just wasnt working for me.

Besides that if I did quit drinking altogether I know I'd just switch to drugs and I have access to just about anything. Recently I was in the ER for severe back pain and they gave me a shot of Dilaudid I think and that was the most enjoyable high I've had in a long long time. Plus they gave me a scrip for 30 Percocets which lasted all of 2 days at 4 at a time even though 2 every 6 hours would have dulled the pain.

If Percocets didnt cost $10 for a 10mg pill on the street (instead of the $25 I spent on the scrip) I'd probally get hooked on them.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 09-18-2011, 19:35
I think the biggest problem I have with alcohol is boredom

I dunno about you brewskies but when I'm busy I barely drink at all

however as soon as I'm sitting around at home with nothing better to do, a few drinks seem to make the world a better place

probably got to stay active if you want to beat it, although I guess that applies to a lot of ****

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 09-18-2011, 20:04
Boredom is a mind**** for me and drinking. I resist the urge by reminding myself Im on foot until my van is fixed and its a 12 block hike to the liquor store.

Then I take the dog for a 2 block walk instead.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
29 - 09-18-2011, 20:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post

and nice try scooby

i make like 20 threads a week
Bull**** ******. You have at least 2 threads on the front page at any time. How about you go **** off for 1 week and let your ***** rest. Don't worry, your girl **** and exciting updates about jack **** wont be missed.

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 09-18-2011, 20:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
I don't mean to knock AA; it's done more good than harm, and is still how many credit their sobriety. It's just that the AA people I've met (that I made the stupid STUPID mistake of telling them I was in recovery) have completely jumped down my throat when they learn I've never been to an AA meeting. They preach that I'm just on the road to ruin, that my solution is even worse than if I was still drinking; I even had one person tell me that I was going to have to completely relapse, hit rock bottom, join AA, and only THEN would I actually be recovering. Sure, whatever. The way I see it, if I die of old age before that happens, I win. Suck it.
They sound like they've traded one addiction for another, in this case AA as religion.

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 09-18-2011, 20:16
Yeppers.

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 09-18-2011, 20:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Yeppers.
I almost forgot.

TWO AND A HALF GALLONS OF VODKA?

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 09-18-2011, 20:50
yep. 5 1/2 gallon bottles in 7 days. The cumulative hangover was so bad by the eighth day I just couldnt function enough to drive to the store, could barely walk. So I called a cab and when it got near I told him to take me to Friends Hospital (mental health hospital) to be evaluated for detox/rehab. You know its pretty ****ed when your reason to get help is you cant physically get to the liquor store

Incidentally I had the cabbie stop by the liquor store to get a pint thinking Id have a better chance of getting into rehab if I had booze in me. Bad idea. Even though it had been about 12 hours since my last drink that lil pint was enough for me to blackout. All I remember was sitting on a bench outside of the hospital and the next thing I was in the ER. Turns out you cant be evaluated if you're legally impaired so I had to spend 8 hours in the ER of a different hospital until I sobered up.

And apparently I didnt take kindly to the suggestion. One of the nurses told me she heard the call about me coming in and the EMTs were recommending that at least 3 security dudes be present. I dont remember any of that and thats out of character even for a drunk me.

...and they stole on of my shoes the bastards.

now that im reflecting on that period I also went through detox and 90 days in rehab missing a lens from my coke bottle glasses. Took a bad spill and it got knocked out, never did find it. After a week in rehab at a paitient held therapy session one guy was sharing when one of the guys running it interrupted him, looked at me and said "Excuse me but..my man, are you missing a lens?"

Good times

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
34 - 09-18-2011, 20:58
I went to Oktoberfest yesterday. Basically drinking heavily for 5 hours or so. When I got back, one of my roommates had a bottle of jack that we decided to kill.

I woke up this morning in a basement of some house. I have no idea how I got there, but my hands and knees are badly cut up. Looks like I picked a fight with the pavement.

The night before I drank a bottle of Jameson and wound up on the drunk bus for half an hour. Actually ended up posting on here a bit later.

edit: I don't think I have a drinking problem. I barely drink at all during the week. If I do, it's a beer or two.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 09-18-2011, 20:58
lol that's awesome. I had finally had enough when I was on a reservation bender and tribal police found me passed out in the street. It really doesn't get much lower when you're wearing one of these

and the cops are waking you up, pulling you out of a puddle of your own sick.

Scooby is obviously still battling, as when anyone approaches him on the subject he gets really hostile. He might get it under control, get down to just beer a few times a week, but then again he might not. For me, it was cold turkey or nothing. Whatever, I'm rooting for him.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
36 - 09-18-2011, 21:02
I don't think I threw up last night, but I have no idea.

I feel as though I would remember throwing up. Even in my worst blackouts, I have a vague memory of throwing up.

edit: That is an awesome hat

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 09-18-2011, 21:05
Now picture it on an indian passed out in the street. The irony is so bad it comes full circle back to awesome.

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 09-18-2011, 21:15
Vanster

I remember about 10 years ago I was in the midst of a week long bender and decided to try and drive myself to the liquor store about 30 minutes before they closed as I was running out of vodka. What stopped me going was it was dark out and I couldnt find the damn headlight button in my Trans Am

The next morning was extremely grateful for that as I most assuredly been a candidate for a DUI. It would have been one of those close one eye to see straight things.

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 09-18-2011, 21:17
**** like this is ****ing crazy to read to anyone without an addictive personality. I laid about on the couch today and watched meth\heroine stories on the science channel too. If something makes me feel like ass later, even if it makes me feel good at the time, I have 0 desire for it.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 09-18-2011, 21:18
I was going to drink a glass of water and go to bed, but these stories sound like a blast so im instead going to drink a few beers

thanks buds

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page VANSTER!!!!?>@@@@ CONFIRM DENY

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
¯\_(ツ)_/¯