The Walking Dead - Season 2

why didnt they use cletus' old blue pickup and run down the entire pack of zombies? there was what, 40 or so zombies? so you get the truck, rev the engine to attract them all, then you run them fucking down!

while one person is running down/over the zombies the other person is getting the supplies.

there has been a serious lack of vehicular zombie slaughter thus far when it seems like a perfectly logical strategy for taking care of packs of zombies.
lol I agree. Also, someone explain this to me. Why are they still driving around in pieces of shit vehicles? They have a goldmine of vehicles all over the road that are in much better condition. Why drive around that shitty RV?

lol I agree. Also, someone explain this to me. Why are they still driving around in pieces of shit vehicles? They have a goldmine of vehicles all over the road that are in much better condition. Why drive around that shitty RV?

Haha I meant to say the exact same thing in 1 of my earlier rants. Lets keep repairing this same broken piece of shit RV that has the same leaking fucking hose every other day. Sounds good to me.

Not to mention the terrible gas mileage, poor turning, poor offroad capability, and a variety of other reasons.

Not to mention the terrible gas mileage, poor turning, poor offroad capability, and a variety of other reasons.

A RV isn't without its advantages. You ever try cooking a hot meal when it is raining outside?

However Fairly certain every state has a massive "RVs for sale Lot" with brand new RVs allover the place.

They also haven't yet raided an national guard depots nor have the de-gunned either of the M1 tanks they've passed. The one in downtown atlanta probably couldn't be stripped but the one from the CDC episode clearly had a M2 and m240 just sitting there. There had to be a bradley around too which is not only zombie proof but can safely carry people and cargo around.

I love the show but clearly they aren't or havent made much of an effort to suggest that survival is anything more than complete dumb luck.

Also, wtf, they're in the south and they keep making it seem like guns are rare or hard to come by. Come again? In the south? Even if you temporarily found yourself un-armed, pawn shops, walmarts, sporting goods stores, any random house ... your back in business. I could buy it if say they were in new york city but not in atlanta georgia.

A RV isn't without its advantages. You ever try cooking a hot meal when it is raining outside?

However Fairly certain every state has a massive "RVs for sale Lot" with brand new RVs allover the place.

They also haven't yet raided an national guard depots nor have the de-gunned either of the M1 tanks they've passed. The one in downtown atlanta probably couldn't be stripped but the one from the CDC episode clearly had a M2 and m240 just sitting there. There had to be a bradley around too which is not only zombie proof but can safely carry people and cargo around.

I love the show but clearly they aren't or havent made much of an effort to suggest that survival is anything less that complete dumb luck.

Also, wtf, they're in the south and they keep making it seem like guns are rare or hard to come by. Come again? In the south? Even if you temporarily found yourself un-armed, pawn shops, walmarts, sporting goods stores, any random house ... your back in business. I could buy it if say they were in new york city but not in atlanta georgia.
This.

i still like the show though, it has zombies. its just the characters aren't putting any thought into their own survival. they seem more worried about crying each other rivers.

I can buy ammo being scarce (not so much guns). Everyone and their mom are heading to the Walmart to get guns/ammo as soon as they realize whats going on. Those stores have to be totally looted out by now. People aren't going to take just what they need either, they're going to take as much as they humanly can.

Interested to see if they show more about how the breakout happened. I always find it hard to believe that huge military installations would be overrun.

I can buy ammo being scarce (not so much guns). Everyone and their mom are heading to the Walmart to get guns/ammo as soon as they realize whats going on. Those stores have to be totally looted out by now. People aren't going to take just what they need either, they're going to take as much as they humanly can.

Interested to see if they show more about how the breakout happened. I always find it hard to believe that huge military installations would be overrun.

looted by whom? zombie infestation scenarios usually suggests 90-95% of the worlds population is gone within a very short amount of time. so who is doing all this looting? are you also talking the retail centers or the massive delivery centers that service multiple stores. every state has one of those etc and they likely would be fairly well stocked.

Dale is attached to that RV, he won't even leave it to go to the Farm. It is his connection to his life before this madness, it is all he has left from his life with his wife. Their names are on the door.

Also older vehicles are much easier to fix than modern vehicles

looted by whom? zombie infestation scenarios usually suggests 90-95% of the worlds population is gone within a very short amount of time. so who is doing all this looting? are you also talking the retail centers or the massive delivery centers that service multiple stores. every state has one of those etc and they likely would be fairly well stocked.

I think that all depends on the assumptions being made about how fast the outbreak is. If 90% change instantly then yes there will be plenty of supplies. However if it occurs over even a couple weeks there would be massive looting.

so - im trying to avoid this because of spoilers, but i'd like to know if the second season is worth watching so far?

i enjoyed the first season so-so.

I am so glad they cut funding for this show but then give Chris fuckin Hardwick from singled out a fuckin job on the stupid talking dead. Great job AMC.

Mad Men sucksssssss. Most over rated show ever.

Watched all 6 episodes of the first season last night...Gotta find Season 2 now and get caught up. I refuse to read this thread until I've done that.

Back