NGFM, clean your computer intake filter

Thanks. I recently cleaned my GPU. Also took the heat sink off the CPU, cleaned it, and put on new thermal paste using the X pattern. Dropped my temperature a few degrees. And yes, I cleaned the intake filter.

GG! I may pull and re paste mine too, the fans ramp up at odd times. Got any new desk pics?

:flag: only in america :flag:

do we axe our selfs "how many video cards do i need 2 nail 2 my car in order to prevent DNC thugs' .50 cal fully semiautomatic hollow point armor piercing explosive silent tracer machine gun bullets from getting thru and killing me for my crime of misgendering a local teacher's classroom goldfish?" and then do the ~science~ to find out

GG! I may pull and re paste mine too, the fans ramp up at odd times. Got any new desk pics?

My desk is messy with all my stuff on top of the cabinets. People would complain about the mess, so I didn't take any more pictures. The new computer is running great, so is my Steamdeck. Been playing Doom Eternal on the computer, following a guide from YouTube. That's because I'm dumb when it comes to finding all the secret stuff.

You're at that big elaborate dark wood corner unit?

This is an annual post? I think I remember Plasmatic posting this before. He's put an entry in his calendar to remind you each year or something. I need to do the same. Time to clean the intakes and vac brush the fans etc.

Last edited:
You're at that big elaborate dark wood corner unit?

This is an annual post? I think I remember Plasmatic posting this before. He's put an entry in his calendar to remind you each year or something. I need to do the same. Time to clean the intakes and vac brush the fans etc.

It was getting filthy :shrug:

I'll be doing the lame old vac and brush method. I'm guessing Plas has an air compressor and just blows that dust out like a real man. I need to man up and get a compressor.

ok I'm unplugging everything and taking it to the garage to clean it out. Thanks for the reminder

See you on the other side.

Before. Too much dust. The GPU hangs down at right end.

HV2acpk.jpg

This GPU was so huge I had to rip out bits of case slot-holder-things to fit it in there. Sometimes when i start the pc it doesn't detect video so none of 3 monitors fire up. To fix this sometimes I turn it off, get under there and wiggle the 3 cables coming out, wiggling the gpu a bit and then it works. I suspect one of the cables but anyway I put some cable ties to hold up the end of the gpu in case (lol pun) it's related to hanging like that.

WrUsoPY.jpg

Machine needs a replacement it's getting old, but no game I've recently found has made it worth an upgrade. Cumon make more good games ffs

Images are huge maybe I'll resample them smaller.

Last edited:
It's part of MSI range. I'd never noticed the duke thing before. I guess it's for people who like to launch cars up ramps over rivers and drink moonshine with cousin Daisy.

I looked up that Air Duster there's so many of them available. I was going to point the blower vac at it but I forgot and put the lid back on and plugged all the shit back in.

I'll be doing the lame old vac and brush method. I'm guessing Plas has an air compressor and just blows that dust out like a real man. I need to man up and get a compressor.

Even a cheap pancake compressor is better than nothing. Here's my custom blow gun.
9Jvvd0W.jpg

That's 15.75 inches of 3/16 Nicop brake line and half of a compression fitting in there. Makes it 16 inches from the tip of the gun, about the perfect length. Nicop is a neat material, doesn't rust, easy to form by hand, and nearly impossible to kink. Need to get into a hard to reach nook? Just bend it so it fits. Engine flooded and need to dry it out? Pull a spark plug, straighten the Nicop and blast away. I used it earlier to blow grass clipping off the mower, then again to blow the clippings into the grass. Cleaning computers is a breeze, just be careful to not spin fans.

Before. Too much dust. The GPU hangs down at right end.

Machine needs a replacement it's getting old, but no game I've recently found has made it worth an upgrade. Cumon make more good games ffs
Fractal cases are great. I waited 10 years but it was worth it. The difference today is the MB has MVE drives, and if you want Sata drives, they go on the back of the case, so there aren't as many wires showing. The new case also comes with a support for the back of the video card. Page 9 has pics showing the support and cable management, I used 50 zip ties.
49 monitors. worth it? by JuggerNaught - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums

This is the video that made me build the machine.
$5000 Ultimate Air Cooled PC Build We Overclocked and it worked!! (12900K / ASUS RTX 3090Ti) - YouTube
You could go with a 3080Ti if you wanted to save some money and upgrade to a 4090Ti or whatever later because then you don't need the 1000W PS now.

I leave my old computer on 24/7. That could be part of your problem. Or your PS could be wearing out. I always have an extra one on the shelf. Eventually the MB is going to wear out and the machine won't boot. That's what happened to me back in the day. Once that happens, it's a new machine because you would want the faster parts and that means starting from scratch with the OS. That's basically what I did. The old machine is to the side of my desk running 24/7, while the new one is in the middle with the curved monitor.

Last edited:
Back