Reload this Page [Car Thread] Diesel?
Page 5 of 6
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
81 - 09-29-2014, 22:33
so I got my golf the other day

47.5 mpg on my commute home today (~= 50 miles mostly wide open highway 75-80mph) without trying to conserve

Sponsored Links
Ire
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
82 - 09-29-2014, 22:40
OEM / Performance / Maintenance / Repair / Replacement Parts and kits for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche and Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

ECS Tuning is your friend if you want to do some mods...

jotun
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 09-29-2014, 22:46
I AM GROOT

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
84 - 09-29-2014, 22:59
sweet thanks

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
85 - 09-29-2014, 22:59
you are too awesome - I love it when a plan comes together

Once again TW has exceeded expectations!

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
86 - 09-30-2014, 00:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
Yep, I've been driving diesel golfs since 2001. Current one is a 4 door 2011 dsg. With a mix of city/highway I average about 45 mpg. You will get even better with a manual of course - plus if you live in a state that doesn't do emission tests on diesels (md doesn't, California obs does) you can do the DPF delete mod, which will get you an extra 5mpg or so.

The only thing that sucks about these cars is that they are expensive to maintain. Like my 40k maintenance was about $700. I'm coming up on 60k and that will be about $300. 50k was basically just an oil change so that was around $100. If you can do the maintenance yourself, you can save a bit of cash. Also manuals will be less expensive since you don't have to deal with dsg maintenance (which was half the cost of the 40k)

The other thing, there has been some debate if there is an issue with the high pressure fuel pump in these cars. If it goes out, it's a 10k replacement. I think vw has been covering it if it happens under 100k.

Tdiclub.com is a good resource.

They are fun cars to drive. Once you go torque, you never go back. If they ever bring the GTD to the us, I will probably upgrade to that. GTI but diesel basically.

10k?

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
87 - 09-30-2014, 01:08
It is made out of gold.

h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
88 - 09-30-2014, 09:03
We save almost 1000$ a year in gas after purchasing a 2011 ford focus. Wife was driving a 2000 Buick Century. The Monthly payment is 175$. Basically paying 90$ a month after gas savings for an almost new car.

Also got to figure in the repairs that were being needed to maintain a 2000 Buick with 180k miles on it versus a 47k mile ford focus where hopefully it won't need any major repairs for 3 years at least...hopefully.

Just don't buy new...unless you just have plenty of monies.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 09-30-2014, 09:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post

10k?
yep...if the part goes out, it basically shreds metal into the fuel system, destroying the entire fuel system (great design) - even the fuel tank needs to be replaced

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
90 - 09-30-2014, 09:35
if i could afford it, Tesla. hands down. the high torque and minimal maintenance of an electric is very appealing.

I can't afford one but like hatchbacks so either a Ford Fiesta ST or a used Volt. The Fiesta seems good, it's not expensive, gets good economy and is a blast to drive. Have not driven one yet but I've heard nothing but good things. Seems like an easy win, and I would pick this over a diesel mainly because of the price tag and performance.

The Volt gets amazing economy obviously but doesn't capitalize on the electric's torque as much as I'd like (like pretty much all hybrids..) and seems more expensive than it should be. But I did check one out and it struck me as a very practical car that I can see myself in, I loved the interior of that car. Lots of bins and pockets for things, plenty of space. sensible.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
91 - 09-30-2014, 09:54
I don't know about newer model years, but in 2012 the fiesta made no sense. the focus is a foot longer (more leg room, front and back) and gets better gas mileage. they both come available with the same packages for the most part.

i test drove both and i didn't notice a difference in any other respect. they both handle really well. the manual transmission is fantastic as well.

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
92 - 09-30-2014, 10:07
2015 Ford Fiesta Sedan & Hatchback | View Specifications | Ford.com

Fiesta ST- 26/35mpg
Focus ST- 23/32

They are very similar. Fiesta is just a little smaller, lighter, cheaper.

Codect
VeteranXX
Old
93 - 09-30-2014, 10:09
I've averaged 17mpg for the last 50,000 miles. MPG is overrated.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
94 - 09-30-2014, 10:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiglaf View Post
2015 Ford Fiesta Sedan & Hatchback | View Specifications | Ford.com

Fiesta ST- 26/35mpg
Focus ST- 23/32

They are very similar. Fiesta is just a little smaller, lighter, cheaper.
I didn't realize the Focus ST had such worse MPG

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
95 - 09-30-2014, 10:28
worth it though cause both of those cars are a riot

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
96 - 09-30-2014, 12:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAUL View Post
I didn't realize the Focus ST had such worse MPG
It's not as worsterest as your grammar.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
97 - 09-30-2014, 12:56
Today I was out on a drive with my environmentally friendly hybrid scooter. It had been a long grueling day at work, I had finally completed my report on the hidden underlying effects of misogyny within the public transportation systems of our country. I had been shouted down by my peers stating I had wasted my time and that all of my perceived issues were "nonsensical" and that I was just grasping for straws or making a mountain out of a molehill. I had to stand in front of numerous white cis men while they mansplained that public bus transportation wasn't a tool of oppression against women. How can they not see the ridiculousness of having to pay a fee to receive transport when women as a whole are grossly underpaid compared to men. If you want to get free transport access you have to go to a government building and apply for the benefits, and to do that I'll most likely have to pay bus fare. What kind of ****ed up privileged world is it where I have to pay to get free ****? This of course is only the beginning of the problems with public transport as a woman. Why don't we have segregated seating for instance? Why do I have to sit next to or across from creepy guys, who most likely smell bad, oozing grease and sweat from their vile masculine pores all the while raping with me their eyes. Lusting at me like a starving hyena looking at a piece of meat. I try to breath and feel suffocated from the miasma projected from these most likely heterosexual white men. The fear of being raped at any moment, the scent of misogyny and the crushing despair that any single one of these men could violate me in any number of ways. All of this breeding the toxic cloud that strangles us women silencing our voices out of pure unfiltered terror.
But even after such a hard month of completing my reports I had found solace in my new found best friend Bertha. Bertha is a Nigerian transexual (pronoun: Xir/Xis/Xi) whom had been sold to witchdoctors from the Congo by xis fanatic christian "parents". Xi had been beaten daily, raped and even had xis body mutilated by xis captors. Day in and day out they attempted to convince him that "he" was "Straight", that "he" was a deviant homosexual confused and befuddled by evil sorcery, that "his" soul was in grave peril. They forced Bertha to **** women. I repeat they FORCED Bertha to **** women under threat of extreme bodily harm. Bertha being the benevolent spirit xi was wouldn't break under such threats so they changed the target to the womyn. They cut off one of the womyns breasts in front of Bertha and said that was just the beginning unless "he" mounted her right now. These vile Congo beings had not only violated this woman inexplicably like some Cthulhu-esque nightmare they had violated Bertha's very soul by forcing xim into their disgusting fetishism.
That is neither here nor there but what is important was that Bertha was in the sidecar of my green scooter at the time. We are both very sensitive to the needs of our planet so scooter pooling was the most obvious choice.
As we burned rubber down the long nigh endless trail of sunny California we heard something horrible. I thought it may have just been my PTSD kicking in but then I saw the grotesque look of horror on Bertha.
The sound was terrifying, a primal plea from help from women combined with the maniacal laugh of men abusing their privilege and power. I saw it in front of us. A horrible mass, too twisted and cruel to be properly conveyed in these words. Before us was a gang of bikers, fully decked out in black leather too poorly fitted upon their overweight disgusting hairy bodies. Chains hung from their belts, on their backs laid crimson burning skulls and other misogynistic symbols such as bald eagles. A few of their choppers even had the beautiful form of women painted upon them, the filthy thieving curs steal our very essence to twist it into some vile material possession. Behind them they had women bound behind their bikes dragging over the asphalt, burning and shredding their skin all along the road leaving a trail of flesh and blood in their wake. I vomited immediately. I began sobbing and crying immediately and almost lost control of my scooter but Bertha reached over and held us steady through my outburst. "Look!" Bertha shouted while pointing toward the head of the biking gang. I forced myself to clear my eyes and look at this vile thing once more and found myself fallen to even deeper pits of despair. The leaders of the gang were none other than Dick Cheney, George Bush, and Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott.
The men had noticed us, Cheney had put his fingers apart between his lips and made lewd licking gestures while staring directly into my eyes with his own soulless voids. George Bush had began making an even fouler gesture by piercing his rounded hand with his fingers, laughing while making light of the fact that all penis in vaginal sex is in fact ****. To top all of this horror off, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbot stood up, balancing upon his seat as his bike cruised over 70 miles per hour and unzipped his fly. I could never have been prepared for what happened next. I thought his trousers would have been the nest for his vile penis. I thought that this world would make even some sense. I had never been so wrong, for when Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott opened his pants nothing of the sort had came out. Out from his nether came a flesh colored Hydra. Multiple heads resembling the form of a penis, all moving simultaneously prehensile and worst of all they appeared to have faces. I was wrong of course, they didn't just appear to have faces, they were faces. The Hydra of Misogyny screamed in chorus "Kill her Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Kill the *****!", "**** her corpse Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott", "She is good for nothing but to breed and to serve you Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott", "Make her your possession, for women are nothing but objects to us the superior sex!", "She looks like a whore, She dresses like a whore, Shes practically asking for it!".
Vile words spewed from Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's crotch for what seemed like ages. I had fallen into a coma like state, only by Bertha's strength was I still alive. I sat in a daze with my eyes glossed over, perhaps the Hydra had performed some sort of hypnosis upon me. Alas I watched through the haze as something unbelievable unfolded before me. Bertha had jumped from our scooter directly into the gang, upon their bikes. Bertha's feminine physique ripped open like a beast too small for its own skin. Xir muscles bulged and tore, covered in a light sheen of sweat while xi threw back her head and unleashed a roar unheard since the dawn of time. I always a devout atheist, but at this point in time I am sure there must have been a god, some strong independent female god who had chosen Bertha to be her avatar. For nothing else could explain what I witnessed, Bertha had transformed from what was once a frail and dainty form of a transexual to a being of pure feminine power. Once before xir laid a unbelievable monster, born straight from misogyny, and now there laid nothing but a storm of bent steel and flesh sliding across the roadway. Before Bertha laid the corpses of men, the corpses of motorbikes, the corpses of chains, and the burnt leather indistinguishable from the smell of burning flesh. At the front of this horrific scene laid the corpses of George Bush and Dick Cheney, twisted beyond recognition, impaled upon their own vehicles. Dick Cheney hung from a perfectly formed metal podium by his own biker chain around his neck. George bush had been crucified upon a magnificent metal cross. On the ground lay Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, quivering and pleading for mercy before Bertha. Bertha snapped back into xir once kind soul, for just a brief moment considering to show mercy to this horrible disgrace of a human being. As xi stood before him, the vile snake lunged from Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's crotch attempting to strike Bertha with its venomous hated filled fangs. Bertha caught it within the blink of an eye, held within her hand the repulsive form of Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's multiple headed monster. Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott whimpered pitifully, his hydra pleading again to be spared. As Bertha ripped the creature from his flesh, a thunderclap roared and xi shouted "EQUAL RIGHTS!". Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott died instantly from being severed of his tainted nether region and a single beam of light fell from the cloudy sky to illuminate Bertha as xi held in xir bloodsoaked hands the last piece of the patriarchy.
As police swarmed the area a helicopter flew down and President Oprah came out and gave Bertha the "decent human being" award and a voucher for free sexual reassignment surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
98 - 09-30-2014, 13:42
Holy wall of text batman. Did you type all that?

Diesel is $4 a gallon.

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
99 - 09-30-2014, 14:39
that story is bull****. they don't make hybrid scooters.

Glytch
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 09-30-2014, 16:07
Diesel costs the same in Canuckistan. I was looking forward to getting the wife the CX-5 diesel for her commute. ~100km/day

btw, I'd go with a Focus ST over a Fiesta alll day. It's a functional rocket.

Page 5 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Car Thread] Diesel?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
lemon licked my butthole