Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page CLOSED BETA Information
Page 5 of 12
Dyno
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 06-09-2004, 19:04
If I told you that you have a hot body...

would you let me into closed beta?

Sponsored Links
ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
82 - 06-09-2004, 19:05
All of the small betas I've ever been in have done stuff like that. Usually works out pretty well (if the game is stable anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcaStick
i wonder, will there be some sort of main timeframe for people in small beta to gather up and play(like a 'group' effort)? I think that would be a good start. like 10ish est 7pst

Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
83 - 06-09-2004, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk
You know you want me baybee! uNF uNF
Show me the beta luv!!!11!!T:V!!@!11!one
I'd vouch for you, but that might hurt your chances...

Kingky
VeteranX
Old
84 - 06-09-2004, 19:38
I'd love to make one of theTribalWars but when I have that much time off it is dedicated to my family and I live as far away as physically possible from BOTH and still be in the US...

This is PATHETIC that TribalWar SoCal residents by their own damned selves isn't filling this LAN out in NUMBERS...

Not to mention CLOSED BETA guarantee... gimmee a ****ing break...

It would do tribes a great service to fill both TribalWar's out with some enthusiastic tribers... if the advertising goes past this community then anyone within 200 miles of either location should hang their head in shame for not going

]{ane
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 06-09-2004, 19:44
Uh Thrax, I seem to have "lost" my acceptance email from you...........could you please send another?

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
86 - 06-09-2004, 20:03
Even if the chances of getting into the closed beta are less than 1%, you can hardly blame people for gambling on such odds when there's no material investment necessary.

Besides which, not all of us are capable of going to Tribal-Wars...and not all of us will have much free time for T:V once the open beta starts. It was worth a shot, and despite the odds, I don't regret taking it.

Actiu
VeteranX
Old
87 - 06-09-2004, 20:09
1% chance? thank god i have WoW to play

Crom
VeteranX
Old
88 - 06-09-2004, 20:59
i sent thrax a letter begging him to get me on beta

i will totally admit that - i have no shame

i have played the game, informed the public of it's goodness, answered various questions and even defended it...

and i gave thrax an A+ quality hand-job at E3

i want on beta damnit

Dyno
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 06-09-2004, 22:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom
i sent thrax a letter begging him to get me on beta

i will totally admit that - i have no shame

i have played the game, informed the public of it's goodness, answered various questions and even defended it...

and i gave thrax an A+ quality hand-job at E3

i want on beta damnit
:\

AgentOrange
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 06-09-2004, 22:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colosus
Was that directed at me, Scott?
No, it was directed at those who have determined that they have a better itinerary for testing than what has been stated officially thus far.

Falconlight
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 06-09-2004, 23:13
Question: Did submiting a Hotmail account automatically disqualify? :\

Breadman86
VeteranXX
Old
92 - 06-09-2004, 23:29
can we pre-order, sign up for tribal-wars and pay, but not go and still get the beta? lol cause i can't go

yubyub
Unregistered
Old
93 - 06-10-2004, 00:55
I find it discouraging that I will almost certainly not get into the beta after being in this community since I saw the preview article of Tribes 1 in PC Gamer - hell I even remember one of the pictures - a diamond sword sniping someone over a snowy hill. I've been an active member on the forums and ladders. I've scripted and released mappacks in conjunction with other authors.
So...while I've done all of this for 4+ years, some kid who thought "the game just looked nifty" or heard about it through the grapevine is going to have a closed beta spot and not contribute a damn thing. I'm kind of bitter I suppose

I dunno, it just seems wrong--to each his/her own I guess though, right? Good luck all

untouchable
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
94 - 06-10-2004, 00:58
i'm gonna guess the 100 people already chosen are "big time names" in the community?

yubyub
Unregistered
Old
95 - 06-10-2004, 01:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable
i'm gonna guess the 100 people already chosen are "big time names" in the community?
Most of the names Thrax hand chose, yes... but it seems like there's a bit of a split between names. We have CTF and Arena. What about us poor arena players who have been keeping that mod alive with new versions, maps, and ladders on our own? Or is it only the high rolling CTF players who will gain recognition from the masses and get their beta invitation?

LurchDawg
VeteranX
Old
96 - 06-10-2004, 01:01
In reference to the ensuing drama over at the somethingawful post on this subject. I apologize in advance for any current and future bandwagon **** that occurs.

rndm is a very popular poster who's influenced a lot of threads about VU games, and while Thrax is certainly known to those who keep up with Tribes, Joe Forumuser who says "OOH FrEE LinKz" probably doesn't know what the hell is going on and responds in cliches.

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
97 - 06-10-2004, 01:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchDawg
In reference to the ensuing drama over at the somethingawful post on this subject. I apologize in advance for any current and future bandwagon **** that occurs.

rndm is a very popular poster who's influenced a lot of threads about VU games, and while Thrax is certainly known to those who keep up with Tribes, Joe Forumuser who says "OOH FrEE LinKz" probably doesn't know what the hell is going on and responds in cliches.
For those that don't know what he's talking about. A guy over on SA named "rndm" is promising everyone on SA a spot on beta. Thrax was asking him who he was and he wouldn't respond in the thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...3&pagenumber=1

AgentOrange
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 06-10-2004, 01:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaDmAn86
can we pre-order, sign up for tribal-wars and pay, but not go and still get the beta? lol cause i can't go
Quote:
However, if you want to take part in the beta there is a way you can have a 100% chance of getting in. Go to your local EBGames, or GameStop and pre-order (Marweas did it at Software Etc for $5) and then register for the Tribal-Wars LAN. Bring your receipt and you'll get a beta CD and you'll be in. I highly suggest that you do this now, because once the T-Ws spots fill up you won't have any way to get into the beta.
READ. (See the section that kind of stands out.)

I think that means you have to show up, but don't take my word for it. Maybe you could fax them a copy of your receipt, and they would fax you a disc.

Last edited by AgentOrange; 06-10-2004 at 01:23..
[meph]DooM!
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
99 - 06-10-2004, 01:22
Haha, unless rndm is some retardedly important 12etard, it looks like he is about to be brought back into orbit..

[or]

The thread will get deleted and SA will **** itself

Last edited by [meph]DooM!; 06-10-2004 at 01:25..
AgentOrange
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 06-10-2004, 01:25
[meph]Doom!: welcome to the my foot in your a$$ beta..

Page 5 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page CLOSED BETA Information

Social Website Bullshit