OFN Travel Ban on China

Was the Travel Ban on China the Right Thing to Do?

• Total voters
By the time we actually had concrete information that there was a deadly virus coming out of china, it was already too late.

China knew as early as october of 2019. Taiwan tried to pass along information of an outbreak to the WHO through november/december of 2019 and were dismissed by the WHO as its president is beholden to China for his position. The only way the rest of the world knew about it was Taiwan researchers reached out to their Western counterparts to tell them.

Tucker Carlson was really the first MSM reporter that said anything about the outbreak and that was in December, but nobody even blinked about it.

The U.S. didn't really know about it until January 2020. By that time, you're talking about 4 months of 10's of 1000's of people on international flights, coming to the U.S..

By the time the U.S. had actual evidence there was an issue, the virus was already well on its way to spreading around the globe. It wouldn't have mattered who was in charge or their party at that point. There wasn't anything anyone could do to stop what was coming.

I think Trump handled it as best as anyone else could.

I'm offended by this post because it doesn't fit my prefered narrative. Facts are hate speech. Social media platforms should protect me from things that don't fit my prefered narrative by banning anyone who does not toe the left wing line. More free stuff for all from the magic bucket of never ending money. I believe in a world without borders. I'm a fucking idiot.

Back