To the tw religious ppl

"I need attention! Help meeeeeee. OMG - I can't take another softcore Netflix series.... HELP!"

I refer to the original question of this thread that went off the rails early because of the pedo Amadeus

So in this instance you question how to choose which bible is correct, or something? Its both. All the stories serve purpose to the followers. The stories also distill down to archetypes that for some reason resonate with humans on a very fundamental level. That's pretty cool.

So in this instance you question how to choose which bible is correct, or something? Its both. All the stories serve purpose to the followers. The stories also distill down to archetypes that for some reason resonate with humans on a very fundamental level. That's pretty cool.
There are something like 9000 gods. My original question was not about which catholic Bible was the right one.

c1iPt5d.png

Laurie uses religion to control by saying, "God Speaks Through Me." I kid you not.

that unfaithful whore has no right to say that. i mean, God works in mysterious ways and all, but i highly doubt he's speaking through that crazy worthless bitch.

that unfaithful whore has no right to say that. i mean, God works in mysterious ways and all, but i highly doubt he's speaking through that crazy worthless bitch.

I don't hate anyone on TribalWar, but I sure hate Laurie.

Almost as though the new testament wants to teach you to be a good man..... funny that.

I consider that the Old Testament is a reflection of the life and times in which it was written. Could man's stories of God possibly be any other way in 1000 BC? Interesting thought exercise, at least.
Let's put two and two together here.

If you give yourself license to dismiss the old testament as a sign of the times, then how did you determine that the new testament's lessons are good and should be followed? Sounds like you're just trying to justify what you already agree with. Can I not dismiss anything I don't like in the new testament as just a sign of the times, such as [url="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+2%3A18&version=NIV[/url]telling slaves to obey their masters, even the cruel ones?[/url]

Last edited:
So my question still stands.

If you get to ignore the old testament's instructions for slavery, then why shouldn't someone ignore the new testament's lessons on being a good man?

So my question still stands.

If you get to ignore the old testament's instructions for slavery, then why shouldn't someone ignore the new testament's lessons on being a good man?
Um. Everyone is free to ignore it.

Let's put two and two together here.

If you give yourself license to dismiss the old testament as a sign of the times, then how did you determine that the new testament's lessons are good and should be followed? Sounds like you're just trying to justify what you already agree with. Can I not dismiss anything I don't like in the new testament as just a sign of the times, such as [url="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+2%3A18&version=NIV[/url]telling slaves to obey their masters, even the cruel ones?[/url]

Yes, Jesus was a real "turn the other cheek" kinda guy when it came to worldly oppression.

Back