Manly shit

Benchmade is in PDX too. I have been lusting for a MUT EOD for awhile. I think I am going to drive over soon and see if they have them in stock at the HQ. That a bit driver extender and a molle sheath. Black, though. It's more tactical ;)

iu

Last edited:
I went with a MUT with firearm tools. Basically like the above.
I went by their HQ but they still had their retail store closed. It was subbed out to a COVID clinic :lol:

I am warming up to the idea of a "pocket pistol"
Kind of a "I don't want to carry right now but this is small enough it can go with" kind of a thing. Also, easy enough to move around the house and always be within reach.

I might get this:
iu

This thread had some good info
wat the best micro compact double stack 9mm/380 ? by Highfive - TribalWar Forums

the other thing is that I miss my KLR650 and they have a new version that is giving me a boner...
iu

I sold my klr650 last year :(

Good beginner bike.

The ergonomics were wonky.

If i get another bike itd have to be a cruiser.

I have a V-Strom. But, I miss the KLR for commuting around PDX.
I had one for years. Sold it awhile back when I got the Strom. I might end up with a couple bikes. I view the KLR650 as the Jeep of motorcycles. I have always had a Wrangler as a second vehicle.

when we had 1 car, i used the KLR through winter to get to work. It was a beast driving that on shut down highways through snow storms.

i did some dirt bike trails with it and o man, what a pig.

was a great bike, i did the doohickey, the thermobob, and the progressive springs on it, it was a lot more livable - especially the thermobob since the temp didnt swing around wildly anymore.

id probably do like a gold wing or a vulcan next time though. The KLR is just way too tall and missing that extra gear for highway use.

They fixed a bit. Not too many changes. No 6th gear I don't think. Been looking at all sorts. Including the Trans Alp. Ahhh memories. All the KLR mods. I sill have pieces of that thing in my garage. Actually, I think I have a Stebel Nautilus that I can mount.

i had the crash guards and skid plates. It was fun learning to do wheelies and just dumping the bike. No damage at all. Vs all the other friends that did crotch rockets and naked bikes, mine was definitely the most fun.

Goldwings are bad ass. My grandpa was a Goldwing guy. Ex Army. Served in Korea. Career welder. Beat throat cancer. Had his larynx removed. Talked with a kazoo until he was in his late 80s. Rode bikes until he keeled over. Finally gave up his Goldwing towards the end and went to a Honda Spacey. Loved that guy.

iu

Nice. The only bikes I got now are for the kids. I got them these little razor 24v pit bikes. All these things could be converted to gas with ebay kits. The electric is OK though for what the kids do and they don't get hot exhaust pipes to scald their legs on. Any gas bikes/atvs any CC, start out around $7-1000 used. So these razor things are a bargain used at ~$100.

I got this ATV for the son.
5c1cea82-aaf0-4655-93aa-167748aac1db_1.51045042d0a421e381e0a27ef4316fb7.jpeg

paid $90 for it. Super clapped out. Needed 4 tires, bearings, brakes, some wiring work, batteries, and a chain. Close to $250 in it now :O It's incredible how these kids can totally wear these things out. Sort of like a 50cc atv. Just waiting for some new axle nuts and a chain to arrive and then we can get this thing out on the grass. Some how the motor mount got twisted up too, so gotta address that. I think a drunk dad was driving it to the liquor store to explain all the damage.

This POS really turned out not to be worth it even at $90. All the tires were slimed and the rear axle is a bit bent. Nasty shit all way round.

Razor-MX350-Dirt-Rocket-Electric-Motocross-Bike-Thumbnail-Image-3.jpg

Got this one for the 4yr old girl. Hers is pink. This was $100 used, needed 2 batteries and 1 inner tube. I added the 1way roller clutch so it can free wheel.

The 350 doesnt get a suspension.

The 8yr old has the 500, it's 36v and gets the real suspension which is cool. It's probably similar in size to a 110cc bike.

Last edited:
I sold my klr650 last year :(

Good beginner bike.

The ergonomics were wonky.

If i get another bike itd have to be a cruiser.

i had a vtx1300 for a daily rider for about 5 years. Great for long distance, around town, they are heavy and even though you are big shiny and loud, you still get people that will try to smear you down a curb because they don't see you and you have to try to get out of the way on an 800+ lb bike.

But if you like long rides, yeah, cruiser all day.

why the weird sink with the expensive wall mounted faucet? So i can open the f'ing door.

i had trouble getting the water heater turned on.

just had to crack the gas line open to let the air out, then retry lighting the pilot. then it was OK.

i checked the drafting with smoke and a co2 detector. we're OK. not gonna kill anybody.

SO, this is how you do a sink P trap. Get the U shaped 2" trap, get a 2" rubber coupling, get a 1 1/2" reducing sink coupling, get a sink 1 1/2" tail piece.

This way you're not dealing with the retarded gaskets and gaylord nuts that constantly leak. It's all glued together, if you need to disassemble, you undo the reducing couplin and the 2" rubber coupling, then you can remove the glued-together trap in 1 piece.

Vent is a single wall 4" into a 4" to Appliance-Vent adapter to a 4" B Vent Double wall 90, that goes into another 90 to toss the exhaust gas up the chimney. The as-found vent was a straight 3" pipe dumping into the wall of the chimney and was filled up with brick dust.

Next config should help prevent the brick dust from choking off the exhaust vent if it's never checked for 30yrs+

Last edited:
Back