Contributor
Old
121 - 06-04-2018, 22:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Ok but

Food and services and ****?
it's basically redneck hawaii /cael

u can grow a lot of stuff but the fire ants r a ***** and pele might take ur ****

Sponsored Links
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
122 - 06-04-2018, 22:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
land is cheap in puna plus hawaii is still in the us
lemon is going to keep in contact with me and we're going to swap places sometimes

(ps. I really do know a realtor over on ... I'd have to ask which island again,,, but let me know if you need a place to start)

edit
dang with everything blowing up over there, maybe land is really cheap... could be a good time to acquire new (literally) property...

I wonder how long lava has to cool down before you can stake a claim.

Last edited by SeVeReD; 06-04-2018 at 22:27..
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
123 - 06-04-2018, 22:27
u had some nice configs man

someday we will surf bolinas

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
124 - 06-23-2018, 00:11

I'm naming him Vanster. This image of an Indian with a deer head dress is above a Starbucks being built below my Junior penthouse. Vanster do you hang out at Starbucks? I never went much to Starbucks when I was in California didn't have money for that type of coffee, but we'll see what they carry down here for my convenience.

Last edited by SeVeReD; 09-02-2018 at 13:45..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
125 - 06-23-2018, 00:24
I read all that, good on you mate. If you're ever up the Mississippi near Iowa/ Illinois give me a holler. Iowa nice.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
126 - 06-23-2018, 01:29
flyover nice

lol up the mississippi

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
127 - 06-23-2018, 10:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
Come to the condo and you can stay in a closet I have and do anything you want.
I like that sun decoration above your bed

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
128 - 09-02-2018, 13:43
The Mexican Weather Channel
(is really a nsfw white females in tight dresses thread in disguise)

Well, water bill is still <$20 a month in TJ. Good pressure and good showers...
but lately
the water has been shut off once or so a week for up to nearly a day
supposedly low reservoir; public thinks politicians are selling the water to California
hehe
I keep two home depot buckets filled with water...

Keeping my eyes open when driving hurts because of all the dead dogs you see that get ran over; but I keep my eyes open because I don't want to run over the dogs running along the side of the road... scary

Last edited by SeVeReD; 09-02-2018 at 18:56..
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
129 - 09-03-2018, 00:43
Doggies are in MAZATLAN!
Living in the front yard of the
Olas Altas Casa (5 bed/3.5 bath) in Mazatlan
barking their heads off with the rest of the gang
nobody thinks nothing about barking dogs
in Mexico
dogs should bark and are encouraged to do so
keeps the parties going
as i type this in TJ (i'm still in TJ) dogs are barking and it is expected that they will bark all through the night... if you don't like loud noise living, Mexico is not the country for you.

because we're here in TJ and dogs are there in Mazatlan
we've hired a guy who takes care of dogs in the area
convenient and affordable until i get my ass down there semi-perm
soon enough will tell
Both dogs were glad to get out of the TJ apt
and back into a yard
but we miss them
Tikki

Kekoa

Last edited by SeVeReD; 09-03-2018 at 12:59..
Smiling Canadian
VeteranX
Old
130 - 09-03-2018, 10:57
I'm torn...I should rep your dogs but you're a greasy wanna be mexican ****. What should I do...what should I do......

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
131 - 09-03-2018, 11:05
doggos always get rep

such a treat

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
132 - 09-03-2018, 11:30
you may have already answered this, but can you give us a ballpark figure of what that condo cost? the views are stunning

but besides that gg, you're living the dream

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
133 - 09-03-2018, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Canadian View Post
I'm torn...I should rep your dogs but you're a greasy wanna be mexican ****. What should I do...what should I do......
Plus rep the dog's post then find a post where I'm being an idiot, shouldn't be too hard, and minus rep that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
you may have already answered this, but can you give us a ballpark figure of what that condo cost? the views are stunning

but besides that gg, you're living the dream
We paid $296,000. We paid cash over 2 year period. We bought near the end of the Torre EME's construction. Now that the building is finished...
We were asked by a realtor if we wanted to sell it; he thought we could get 450,000 for it now. I don't believe that quite yet, but I'm not looking to sell it either. (Edit as of 06/19 and better info I think the condo is worth about $340,000.)

I think there have been some minor construction concerns about the building but as I and other owners see them the administration seems to be on top of repairs. Outside lighting concerns, maintenance and cleanup, sliding glass doors aligned, drawers needing to be readjusted...so far little things not finished to 'german alignment'.

In the US you measure twice and cut once. Sometimes in Mexico I think workers cut and cut and cut until they get it close to what it should be.

What I'm talking to the administration right now about is sealing the sauna doors. they don't understand that the doors need to be sealed or they will just warp with all that heat and moisture...

Also a big concern for owners is other owners renting out to Partiers who don't care about the place... we've already put a limit on how many people owners can rent to and also increased a fee owners have to pay when they rent but some people just want an all out ban on renters...

I've never been part of a homeowner's association but we're going to get involved so we can have our voices heard at this place. btw our home owner fees per month are just $130/m. That's pretty low even for Mexico; something tells me we'll be voting to increase that to have better maintenance of the building.

I'm going to try to be honest in this thread about differences between United States and Mexico...
Remember at the moment I'm living in TJ, a dirty crowded City with great food and entertainment, but I've never wanted to live in a big city in a tiny apartment but this is temporary... when I'm in Mazatlan it's a completely different feel...

Last edited by SeVeReD; 06-12-2019 at 16:29..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
134 - 09-03-2018, 13:03
were you allowed to actually own the property

or is it held in a trust by a bank?

did your wife knowing people and possibly being from mexico help with that process?

I have been looking at some loopholes and LLC arrangements to actually be allowed to own beach property in Mexico as a foreigner

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
135 - 09-03-2018, 13:39
New to the thread. Good on you for making the move.

What do you do for drinking water?

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 09-03-2018, 13:40
Quote:
Plus rep the dog's post then find a post where I'm being an idiot, shouldn't be too hard, and minus rep that one?

We paid $296,000. We paid cash over 2 year period. We bought near the end of the Torre EME's construction. Now that the building is finished...
We were asked by a realtor if we wanted to sell it; he thought we could get 450,000 for it now. I don't believe that quite yet, but I'm not looking to sell it either.

I think there have been some minor construction concerns about the building but as I and other owners see them the administration seems to be on top of repairs. Outside lighting concerns, maintenance and cleanup, sliding glass doors aligned, drawers needing to be readjusted...so far little things not finished to 'german alignment'.

In the US you measure twice and cut once. Sometimes in Mexico I think workers cut and cut and cut until they get it close to what it should be.

What I'm talking to the administration right now about is sealing the sauna doors. they don't understand that the doors need to be sealed or they will just warp with all that heat and moisture...

Also a big concern for owners is other owners renting out to Partiers who don't care about the place... we've already put a limit on how many people owners can rent to and also increased a fee owners have to pay when they rent but some people just want an all out ban on renters...

I've never been part of a homeowner's association but we're going to get involved so we can have our voices heard at this place. btw our home owner fees per month are just $130/m. That's pretty low even for Mexico; something tells me we'll be voting to increase that to have better maintenance of the building.

I'm going to try to be honest in this thread about differences between United States and Mexico...
Remember at the moment I'm living in TJ, a dirty crowded City with great food and entertainment, but I've never wanted to live in a big city in a tiny apartment but this is temporary... when I'm in Mazatlan it's a completely different feel...
great post, ty Sev

keep posting 'em

+rep

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 09-03-2018, 16:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
were you allowed to actually own the property

or is it held in a trust by a bank?

did your wife knowing people and possibly being from mexico help with that process?
I have been looking at some loopholes and LLC arrangements to actually be allowed to own beach property in Mexico as a foreigner
Hiya Captain
Bottom line
being a us citizen you can own land in Mexico (transfers to those in will on your death)
(My Mexican wife has some notion that it has to be land 'close' to the coast?...but i don't think so.)
If you are not a resident of Mexico, then you will have to pay a monthly tax on your property (in my case it would have been ~$200/m) until you establish residency (do i remember hearing 5 years living in Mexico to get your residency?)

My wife being Mexican we skip that tax. I also plan to become a dual citizen like my wife...
then i will vote in Mexico too for stronger southern boarders...

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
138 - 09-03-2018, 16:41
Quote:
Hiya Captain
Bottom line
being a us citizen you can own land in Mexico (transfers to those in will on your death)
(My Mexican wife has some notion that it has to be land 'close' to the coast?...but i don't think so.)
If you are not a resident of Mexico, then you will have to pay a monthly tax on your property (in my case it would have been ~$200/m) until you establish residency (do i remember hearing 5 years living in Mexico to get your residency?)

My wife being Mexican we skip that tax. I also plan to become a dual citizen like my wife...
then i will vote in Mexico too for stronger southern boarders...
very interesting thank you for elaborating

It is all kinds of confusing and the more I look into it the more obscure it seems to be.

glad you got it figured out and aren't paying additional taxes and fees to Federale Governance

we know where those go and it is never to anything you want or need it seems like

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
139 - 09-04-2018, 00:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
New to the thread. Good on you for making the move.

What do you do for drinking water?
For the condo, the water is filtered at the building and then again at a refrigerator. I drank it for 2 months straight never had a problem. For the house and the the apartment or anywhere else in Mexico it's all bottled water. I brush my teeth with the tap water and don't seem to have a problem.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
140 - 09-04-2018, 08:36
im p sure sammy hagar told us all that the water is fine its just the ice u gotta worry about

Page 7 of 87

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Loco Hombre Off the Mexico

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
cuck children fiesta , kill yourself midxe , kys midge , loco life is best life , rapist frenzy