Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page NBA Playoffs
Page 11 of 97
Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
201 - 04-21-2010, 11:38
Lakers scraped by last night. It didn't have to be that damn difficult, but for some reason the Lakers were playing like they were down with seconds to play, when they were actually up 5 or 6 points in the 2nd Quarter. Lots of rushed possessions and forced passes...no reason for that crap. Glad Kobe found his game in the 4th quarter.

GG by Pau (overall) and Artest (defensively). Fish needs to be on the bench next to Shaw with a suit and a clipboard next season.

Sponsored Links
skizz
VeteranXX
Old
202 - 04-21-2010, 11:46
It will be interesting to see how the Thunder play at home, being that the first 2 games were close in LA. Do the Thunder play to jacked on adrenaline, because of the crowd like they do at home sometimes because of the inexperience or is playing at home what they need to push it to 7 games????? I don't think the Thunder will win the series , but they can push the Lakers to 7 games if Jeff Green or James Harden can put some points on the board.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
203 - 04-21-2010, 11:50
I'm sure OKC will win one at home. They're just too talented not to. I think the Bulls will win one game in their series as well.

In other news, the Heat should start making vacation plans now. They were laughable last night.

Golazo
Old
204 - 04-21-2010, 11:53
i think it'll come down to the thunder's defense. if kobe has an off night, and the thunder can limit the lakers outside shooting (not very hard) i think the thunder can hold a lead. If they manage to get 2 out of the 3 laker bigs in foul trouble then they could win by like 20. IMO to win the game the thunder need like a 4-6 point lead in the final 5, then kobe enters do-it-himself mode and i give that a 40/60 (maybe 30/70) of working since his FG% has been **** all month

skizz
VeteranXX
Old
205 - 04-21-2010, 11:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golazo View Post
i think it'll come down to the thunder's defense. if kobe has an off night, and the thunder can limit the lakers outside shooting (not very hard) i think the thunder can hold a lead. If they manage to get 2 out of the 3 laker bigs in foul trouble then they could win by like 20. IMO to win the game the thunder need like a 4-6 point lead in the final 5, then kobe enters do-it-himself mode and i give that a 40/60 (maybe 30/70) of working since his FG% has been **** all month

I agree, I want Kobe shooting the ball outside more during the game rather than LA's bigs, we really don't have an answer for Gasol or Bynum...

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
206 - 04-21-2010, 12:02
Getting Bynum into early foul trouble isn't too difficult - he still makes a lot of bonehead plays and players get him in the air all the time. Pau normally plays well without fouling though. Odom only really racks up fouls when driving on offense. If any of those youngsters feel like getting run over they could probably get 2 charge calls a game.

I liked Kobe getting out to a fast start offensively, because he's fresh and his finger probably feels reasonably good for the first few minutes, but he's got to lay back and distribute more in the 2nd and 3rd especially. Bynum needs to get considerably more touches for the Lakers to get a W in OKC.

Golazo
Old
207 - 04-21-2010, 12:02
AFAIK the rockets took the lakers to 7 last year because of aaron brooks, good 3 pt shooting, and hard nosed defense.

the thunder have much better PG/lane attackers than aaron brooks, they have kevin durant for knock down shooting, and whether or not they can muster up defense for 48 is still left to be answered. they were within 5 pts of the lakers in the 4th qtr both games 1 and 2 i think so they've demonstrated they can get some stops/slow the lakers down (maybe the lakers slow themselves down and help a bit)

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
208 - 04-21-2010, 12:19
The Rockets were extremely physically tough last year. Carl Landry and Chuck Hayes out boarded the Lakers bigs and generally pushed them around. It was ridiculous in stretches. The Lakers front court played like pussies until Fish decided to lead by example and laid out Scola in a rather dirty/hilarious sequence.

In this series the Thunder have advantages, but physicality isn't one of them.

Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
209 - 04-21-2010, 13:40
2 poor games by the Lakers, and 2 really good efforts by the Thunder have lead to a 2-0 lead for the Lakers.

Sorry, but Oklahoma has ZERO shot at this series without Kobe getting shot dead.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
210 - 04-21-2010, 13:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzx View Post
2 poor games by the Lakers, and 2 really good efforts by the Thunder have lead to a 2-0 lead for the Lakers.

Sorry, but Oklahoma has ZERO shot at this series without Kobe getting shot dead.
Not true, 9 blocks the first game, 17 the second game so that means 25 blocks on Thursday and 33 blocks on Saturday. Then they will win

Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
211 - 04-21-2010, 13:48
Speaking of blocks, I was blown away when Reggie Miller stated that Glenn Davis has had 18% of all his shot attempts BLOCKED this year.

That is a ridiculous number.

McLovin
Veteran5
Old
212 - 04-21-2010, 13:56
Is Fisher the worst starter in this year's playoffs?

OKC didn't play well in the first game you idiot, maybe defensively but they squandered just as many opportunities as LA. And OKC wins game 2 if Durant hits the open 3. Sure LA isn't going to lose this series, but they came pretty close to going 7 thanks to the incredibly terrible play of Derek Fisher.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
213 - 04-21-2010, 14:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Is Fisher the worst starter in this year's playoffs?
Hmm, well there's 80 starting players. Without sorting through them one by one and analyzing their individual talent, I'm going to say "yes, absolutely." The Lakers have been lit up this season by any PG with skills equal to or exceeding those of Steve Blake. Turns out there's a few guys in the Association that meet that lofty criteria.

Golazo
Old
214 - 04-21-2010, 14:13
you can't remove an established captain/vet/leader of a team and expect no consequences. as a coach/management, why rock the boat? they've been the established #1 for years. and even with fish letting 99% of PG's blow by him they have three 7 footers ready to close down. hell if anything it makes the 7 footers work harder and will make them better players in the long run, its just a few more weeks. i dont think anyone expects fisher to start next season.

Kali
VeteranXX
Old
215 - 04-21-2010, 14:48
I think Fisher's contract runs out this season. If they re-sign him, they should tell him that he won't be starting. If they don't re-sign him, he should be an assistant coach.

Fisher can't shoot anymore (never has been very good), and he can't defend. I'm hard pressed to imagine anyone blowing more layups than he does. Seriously, whenever he's on a fast break on the wing, I pray that whomever has the ball has the good sense to finish it themselves or pass it to someone other than Fish.

He's got an over inflated sense of worth. It's painful listening to him during interviews cuz he's overthinking what he's saying. I was not surprised at all to find out he was the president of the player's association.

Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
216 - 04-21-2010, 16:24
bah, Fish continues to make all-important buckets at the end of games, and distributes the ball well. There isn't anyone on the bench ATM that I would put into the starting role over him.

Call me sentimental, but I'm wouldn't bench someone with 4 championship rings over Sasha, Brown, or Farmar. Obviously the best basketball coach in the history of the NBA isn't either.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
217 - 04-21-2010, 16:41
Fisher's a great leader and locker room guy. He's a clutch shooter at the end of big games, and he's made a few plays over the year that have won a series for the Lakers. No doubt about all of that. He comes with a price though:

1. Can't make a layup. He's a huge liability on the fast break. His basketball ability is inversely proportionate to his proximity to the hoop.

2. Can't throw a lob pass. Won't feed the ball into the post.

3. Can't defend anyone. The bigs pick up fouls left and right due to the guard penetration when Fish is in the game, and he runs under every screen giving shooters wide open looks.

4. Inconsistent shooting.

Golazo
Old
218 - 04-21-2010, 16:44
Of offense i think fisher is a great fit for the lakers. odom/bynum/gasol already dont get enough shots as it is, the last thing you want is another guy on the floor who wants to score. fish knows the triangle offense better than 90% of guys in the league(95%?), so while he might not be the set-up man that other teams have he certainly knows how to move the ball and keep the offense flowing. and then he can occasionally hit a 3 and win a series or ring with them.

McLovin
Veteran5
Old
219 - 04-21-2010, 17:17
Maybe the Lakers wouldn't need Fisher to hit big shots if they left him on the bench more often.

skip
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 04-21-2010, 17:39
why doesn't fish get branded with the 'dirty' logo but rondo does. just because his daughter has some eye problems?

Page 11 of 97

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page NBA Playoffs

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
darkstrand strikes again , legless dogs , meat was here , money mufucking mase , odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard , odio is the man , odio likes cock , sasha is cute :) , sasha sucked my cock , strega in love with taxi , they took my son , they took the king , they took the suns