Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol. by Dumpy Dooby - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol.
Page 3 of 8
loop
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 07-01-2008, 19:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Pockels View Post
shadowb:

if the rates of incarceration are normalized for the amount of people who consistantly partake in the activity (people who smoke at least once a week, people who drink at least once a week) i am sure you will find that incarcerations related to marijuana are much higher than that of alcohol

of course this is probably too much for your drug addled mind to comprehend because stoners are usually too dumb to do simple division
(disclaimer - I don't smoke pot)

talk about a logical fallacy... look up correlation without causation and get back to me. one has nothing to do with the other.

It's been shown time and again that criminalization of drugs has no effect on the amount of people that use the drugs. All you wind up doing is:
1- turn a health issue into a criminal one
2- give a LOT of power and money to gangs

Those 2 things were shown in the previous prohibition of alcohol - Ohhhh but we "learned our lesson", right?

Sponsored Links
Viggy
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 07-01-2008, 19:36
It winds up doing a lot more than those two things - and they're all bad.

Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
43 - 07-01-2008, 19:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by loop View Post

talk about a logical fallacy... look up correlation without causation and get back to me. one has nothing to do with the other.

It's been shown time and again that criminalization of drugs has no effect on the amount of people that use the drugs. All you wind up doing is:

Those 2 things were shown in the previous prohibition of alcohol - Ohhhh but we "learned our lesson", right?
i am responding to shadowbs claim about incarceration rates being higher for alcohol related things than mairjuana related things

i dont care about the "correlation without causation" or anything else you posted because it is irrelevant to the argument i am making

also: you are confused as to what "correlation without causation" actually means

also: can you name two other instances besides prohibition that back up your claims

krustyy
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 07-01-2008, 19:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs
This is more for show. The legality is an undeniable grey area, but it's not like these raids are happening every day and card carrying pot smokers are getting arrested all the time. You point to this incident here, and a few more, but in the end it's pretty insignifcant.
It does one important thing: it gets the word out that the feds don't agree and it discourages the mostly law abiding citizens from starting up their own clinics.

DudeofDeath
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 07-01-2008, 19:50
Yes, this would be a win-win for The State of California and it's people.

If pot isn't cool, alcohol definetely isn't. Maybe if it fails the next vote should be on banning alcohol.

Now watch all those against legal marijuana piss and moan about how alcohol shouldn't be illegal like weed.

Which is more destructive? Which has killed more people? Which has destroyed more families and lives?

Please explain to me why alcohol should be legal vs marijuana?

btw: So much for the War on Drugs: Americans are world's top drug users: study

It seems much smarter to legalize it and collect revenue then to continue to load up our courts and put otherwise non-lawbeaking citizens in jail, plus continue to pay for a war on drugs that is a complete and utter failure.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
46 - 07-01-2008, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by loop View Post

they banned lsd. So now everybody does lsd and lsd gangs are ruling the world.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 07-01-2008, 20:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShooter View Post
For the love of god don't legalize it. People who smoke too much are way worse than people who drink too much.
This coming from a person who admits to driving drunk.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 07-01-2008, 20:23
probably be a good idea if all the same rules as are applied to the use of alcohol, are also applied to weed.

Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
49 - 07-01-2008, 20:51

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
50 - 07-01-2008, 20:58
Quote:
shadowb:

if the rates of incarceration are normalized for the amount of people who consistantly partake in the activity (people who smoke at least once a week, people who drink at least once a week) i am sure you will find that incarcerations related to marijuana are much higher than that of alcohol

of course this is probably too much for your drug addled mind to comprehend because stoners are usually too dumb to do simple division

funniest post in the thread.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
51 - 07-01-2008, 21:08
Quote:
shadowb:

yea, im a drug addict. lol. Sorry but people who don't smoke can still believe in personal rights and not in goverment hand holding, its too bad you have W. Bushs cock up your ass to see past that.

And you are correct, I did not convey what I meant very well and should have said that Marijuana NOT alcohol has a higher incarceration rate. ill edit it.

Last edited by Shadow13; 07-01-2008 at 21:27..
Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
52 - 07-01-2008, 21:11
Quote:
i am responding to shadowbs claim about incarceration rates being higher for alcohol related things than mairjuana related things

i dont care about the "correlation without causation" or anything else you posted because it is irrelevant to the argument i am making

also: you are confused as to what "correlation without causation" actually means

also: can you name two other instances besides prohibition that back up your claims

read as I can't find a valuable argument or answer to the question so I have to nit pick and make sure you can't use the biggest example in history of proving me wrong in your arguments!

In closing, Answer the question. What is more harmful to the state alcohol or marijuana. Which if legal would provide more benefits? Both Industrial, and Medicinal. Or lets just keep it simple, since you are AGAINST legalizing marijuana, why?

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
53 - 07-01-2008, 21:12
I'll give you one guess why there are more incarcerations related to marijuana than related to alcohol.

Wish Bear
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 07-01-2008, 21:13
the use of E was legal...then they decided to ban it....now its all over the place...

just like alcohol during prohibition illegal drugs get more and more potent. Pot 30 years ago was NOTHING like it is now.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
55 - 07-01-2008, 21:15
in 2006 we spent 20b dollars on the war on drugs, imprisoned 2million people, 1million of which were NON VIOLENT marijuana convictions. All of which our tax money goes to pay for. On top of it, the Drug Czar (his title not mine) used tax money illegally to start anti marijuana campains in 2 US states which cost us millions.

so even as someone who no longer smokes, yes im smart enough to know it saves me money in the long run to make weed legal /shrug.

Here is a great read on how flawed our system is on pbs.org:

frontline: busted - america's war on marijuana: interviews: eric schlosser

Last edited by Shadow13; 07-01-2008 at 21:25..
dionysus
VeteranX
Old
56 - 07-01-2008, 21:20
I think it should be a state issue, and honestly how many times are you going to run in a DEA/FED when sparking a joint?

I don't smoke but even though it's federally illegal I think the users themselves won't have much trouble either they don't get caught, or if they do it's still only a misdemeanor if you're carrying under 3 grams.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
57 - 07-01-2008, 21:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I think it should be a state issue, and honestly how many times are you going to run in a DEA/FED when sparking a joint?

I don't smoke but even though it's federally illegal I think the users themselves won't have much trouble either they don't get caught, or if they do it's still only a misdemeanor if you're carrying under 3 grams.
I don't think DEA/FBI would go after consumers. Since they're allowed to regulate it because of the commerce clause, I would imagine that they would only be able to go after individuals and businesses with the intent to sell.

That's just my guess. I actually have no idea.

ShAzBoT
VeteranX
Old
58 - 07-01-2008, 21:57
Yay looks like its time to move

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
59 - 07-01-2008, 22:10
I would like to add that California and Nevada are light years apart in their views on marijuana, for a long time and still might be the case it was a FELONY for a SEED even if it was unable to be germinated in Nevada.

XTasy
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 07-01-2008, 22:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzfugen View Post
They can pass whatever laws they want but in the eyes of DEA/Federal Government its illegal and they can arrest you and send you to jail.

right or wrong federal laws trump state laws

BTW I agree with what they are trying to accomplish
pretty much what he said. it doesnt even matter. even if it passes, under no circumstances and no string pulling will it matter. you'll still be able to be arrested by the federal government

Page 3 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
california , cops are the anti-christ , dr. dre , dumpy dooby is retarded , ender has herpes , fuckin stoners , fucking hippies , ld50=1:40000 , legalize it!! , lol stoners lol , loldrugslol , marijuana , nugz , pot , pot is bad mmmmmkay? , stoner faggots , towelie , weed