[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

apparently you don't know who is playing in goal for detroit... or st. louis.

at least we know theo can turn it on and win a series by himself. he just hasn't done it more than once... which is more than i can say for chris mason or carey "i need a break in the playoffs because im a scared little boy" price.

biron has turned it up in the post-season too. until the games are played, you really can't count these guys out.

I have watched Mason play in St. Louis and I thought he played very well in the games i have watched. But to be honest, I dont watch a lot of games in the Western Conference. Conklin has played very well for Detroit and Osgood won a cup last season. This is something Biron and Theodore will never door.

Carey Price is a mess, but I think you can blame the Habs organization for that. Talk about too much pressure too soon.

EAST:
(1) Boston vs (8) Montreal - fuck the habs
(2) Washington vs (7) NY Rangers - I will say Washington, mostly just cause I like the way they play...goaltending is really suspect though so not sure how far they will go
(3) New Jersey vs (6) Carolina - pure spite, marty fucking lost me two pools
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia - I was going to say philly, but watching the MTL/PITs game last night, the pens look amazing

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (8) Anaheim - my adopted west coast team...gogo
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus - want to say columbus, pumped they got in...but they have been sucking it up recently, although I do think this is a good chance of an upset
(3) Vancouver vs (6) St. Louis - want to see STL come out, but just dont see it happening...will be a wicked series though
(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary - I originally had CAL coming out of the west, but they have been absolutely garbage. Olli back to his usually useless self

SJ vs Boston in the finals, with SJ taking it

EAST:
(1) Boston vs (8) Montreal -- boston
(2) Washington vs (7) NY Rangers -- washington
(3) New Jersey vs (6) Carolina -- jersey
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia --philly

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (8) Anaheim --san jose
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus --columbus
(3) Vancouver vs (6) St. Louis --vancouver
(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary --chicago

san jose vs boston and boston takes cup

Android, I swear I only see you make posts in NHL threads...I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you only mention the penguins once in every three posts (regardless of topic, it could be a Bush vs. Herbert Hoover thread)...

Spoiler

edit:

EAST:
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia --pens

WEST:
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus -- detroit

Closest series is going to be CHI vs CALG.

No surprises here.

Last edited:
EAST:
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia --philly

WEST:
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus --columbus

san jose vs boston and boston takes cup

You picked the same teams as me. We should have homosexual intercourse.

EAST:
(1) Boston vs (8) Montreal -- Boston
(2) Washington vs (7) NY Rangers -- Washington
(3) New Jersey vs (6) Carolina -- New Jersey
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia --Pittsburgh

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (8) Anaheim --San Jose
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus --Detroit
(3) Vancouver vs (6) St. Louis --Vancouver
(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary --Calgary

Caps and Sharks in finals, caps to win.

I have watched Mason play in St. Louis and I thought he played very well in the games i have watched. But to be honest, I dont watch a lot of games in the Western Conference. Conklin has played very well for Detroit and Osgood won a cup last season. This is something Biron and Theodore will never door.
i couldn't say "never" to theo or biron... i mean, theo is still young and can always get back to form... i mean it aint likely but it's possible.
Carey Price is a mess, but I think you can blame the Habs organization for that. Talk about too much pressure too soon.
yup

can i please be considered one of the few habs fans that didn't kiss this kid's ass?

hell i'm still miffed at losing huet last year

can i please be considered one of the few habs fans that didn't kiss this kid's ass?

hell i'm still miffed at losing huet last year

I was shocked when they traded him. I dont think Huet is that good to be honest, but the trade just made no sense. I dont remember what they got for Huet, but I dont think it was much?

(1) Boston vs (8) Montreal
(2) Washington vs (7) NY Rangers
(3) New Jersey vs (6) Carolina
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (8) Anaheim
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus
(3) Vancouver vs (6) St. Louis
(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary

:shrug:

Back