Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page **** the 360
Page 1 of 7
Navarone
VeteranX
Old
1 - 07-22-2008, 19:49
So after repair 9 or whatever the **** it is, I'm told I'm going to get a brand new unit, not a refurb. Guess what shows up? ****ing refurb. So I call up their pakistani tech support and get placed on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected. I then call back and get a supervisor who tells me they never give out new units, and he doesn't know why anyone would tell me they did. He then blames the problem on me, says they've had one unit in their running for 3 years and hangs up. That's right, that Punjabi mother****er just hangs up.

When I can find the number for a white guy I'm so raising hell over this. Seriously, I wish Sony didn't blow goats cause I'd be a PS3 fan hardcore.

Just an aside, 3 of the returns are not mine directly, but my brother inlaws, I just return them for him. I've had the console since release, and everyone I know is on at least their second unit with 4-5 being the average.

Sponsored Links
iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
2 - 07-22-2008, 19:51
stop sticking your 360s between your toaster oven, the heater, and your hot sweaty ass and it won't have these problems anymore. =P

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 07-22-2008, 19:51
BBB report. You will get a new unit.

assfrags
VeteranX
Old
4 - 07-22-2008, 19:52
My ps3 has had no issues.

Dircen
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 07-22-2008, 19:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNVAR View Post
stop sticking your 360s between your toaster oven, the heater, and your hot sweaty ass and it won't have these problems anymore. =P
Yeah, 9 repairs? Jesus.

I've had mine since boxing day 2006 and have had 0 problems with it.

Navarone
VeteranX
Old
6 - 07-22-2008, 19:54
Every 360 thread is the same, PS3 fanboys talk about how great the system is (Because there are no games to play on it so it never gets used), xbox fanboys talk about how you must be filling it with cat dander and storing it in the oven.

Gangrel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 07-22-2008, 19:55
pics of where you keep it

Groove
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 07-22-2008, 19:56
give up

buy a PS3

sell the RRoD 360 for like 50 bucks

to someone who will do the x-clamp fix on it and get a 50 dollar 360

everyone wins.

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
9 - 07-22-2008, 20:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel View Post
pics of where you keep it
ya. i had mine since launch. It died (finially) about 6 weeks ago or whenever it was. I was starting to get worried that i was gonna have to wrap it in a towel so that it would die before the end of the 3 year window, else i know it would die just after the 3 year window then i would have to buy a new one etc.

Mine gets used every day, and even been dropped a few times. To have that many die you got to be doing something wrong.

z3r0
VeteranX
Old
10 - 07-22-2008, 20:04
ill buy that 360

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
11 - 07-22-2008, 20:06
You such at Xbox 360. I bought mine used (already a year old). After using it for a year I finally sent it in because the disk drive was getting caught on something and sometimes would not open on the first try. It has been humming along ever since with no problems.

Dope
VeteranX
Old
12 - 07-22-2008, 20:08
I have my 360 on my desk out in the open with nothing blocking the vents and it died a bit over a year from when i got it. #2 has been doing well but i've only had it for a few months.

What you should have done is asked for their superman xbox that's been running for 3 years and see what he says

Bibble
VeteranX
Old
13 - 07-22-2008, 20:08
this thread is blasphemous.... the almighty Microsoft and their savior the xbox can do no wrong.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
14 - 07-22-2008, 20:10
wrap a towel around it

Navarone
VeteranX
Old
15 - 07-22-2008, 20:11
I don't have any pics but it sits alone, parallel to the shelf, over a foot from the back wall with nothing around it and completely exposed other than the surface it sits on. I've lived in 2 houses and every unit has been wide open and the other units that I've returned have been owned by someone else and kept in an equally open air environment.

Ztir
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 07-22-2008, 20:14
i think after 9 ****ing xboxes i would just give up and get a ps3 or nothing

and i'm a pretty big xbox fan

anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 07-22-2008, 20:15
ive had one for a year, it occasionally hiccups but overall its not bad

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 07-22-2008, 20:16
I'm not trying to be a dick but honestly I have not had any problems with 2 of them that I've owned. I sold my first one when the new HDMI port ones came out so that I could buy one with an HDMI port. Never had problems with the first one and haven't had any problems with this new one either.

I do have a friend who has had to send it back twice, and well he stores it on one of those entertainment stands and only has maybe 3-4 inches of airspace between the top of the 360 and the shelf above it so I'm not surprised.

Oktane
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 07-22-2008, 20:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarone View Post
Every 360 thread is the same, PS3 fanboys talk about how great the system is (Because there are no games to play on it so it never gets used), xbox fanboys talk about how you must be filling it with cat dander and storing it in the oven.
yeah pretty much

get yourself an elite and be done with it. then when you get your refurb back, just ebay it for cheap or something.

RevelatioN
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 07-22-2008, 20:18
microsoft ****ed up =[

Page 1 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page **** the 360

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
pakies , sand niggers