Page 6 of 27
SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
101 - 07-02-2008, 23:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
What was stated prior by someone was that people with high intelligence have a hard time believing in God. They require proof and such. This high intelligence is wealth on this world. Therefore it is hard for such people to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I am not saying that Christians are stupid.
And this is the reason why your "god" has been followed for so long. Retarded sheep follow him while people who are free thinkers know better.

Sponsored Links
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
102 - 07-02-2008, 23:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeofDeath View Post
So, wow, you really know the dude. Did you have lunch with him today or something? How did ye aquire all this info?
This information can be obtained by anyone who reads the Bible with the Holy Spirit in them. Jesus himself stated that the true meanings of his word would be hidden in parables. Only the Holy Spirit can give us the full reward of his word.

Bibble
VeteranX
Old
103 - 07-02-2008, 23:04
Quote:
Jesus mentions the parable of the rich man. A rich man walks up to him and states that he has done everything he can think of and what more does he have to do to gain entrance to heaven. Jesus states, give up all your possessions and join me. The rich man thinks about all his possessions and sadly walks away. Jesus then says, it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle then a rich man gaining entrance to heaven.

Intelligence can be considered wealth unfortantely.
i dont think god or jesus ever intended for people to give up their intelligence in order to get into heaven.

by implying this you're pretty much saying what atheists have been saying all along, christians are ignorant sheep.

John the Jammer
VeteranXV
Old
104 - 07-02-2008, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude View Post
And this is the reason why your "god" has been followed for so long. Retarded sheep follow him while people who are free thinkers know better.
Simply not true. Nice try though

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 07-02-2008, 23:06

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 07-02-2008, 23:06
Quote:
Jesus mentions the parable of the rich man. A rich man walks up to him and states that he has done everything he can think of and what more does he have to do to gain entrance to heaven. Jesus states, give up all your possessions and join me. The rich man thinks about all his possessions and sadly walks away. Jesus then says, it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle then a rich man gaining entrance to heaven.

Intelligence can be considered wealth unfortantely.
... so easy to get your line of logic into a corner. like corralling sheep.

thread over... reason:91284 faith:0

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
107 - 07-02-2008, 23:07
Quote:
What was stated prior by someone was that people with high intelligence have a hard time believing in God. They require proof and such. This high intelligence is wealth on this world. Therefore it is hard for such people to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I am not saying that Christians are stupid.
But you are. You're stating that intelligent people, who require proof, are too rich to enter heaven.

By your logic, you have to have a lobotomy to make yourself poor enough to enter heaven.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
108 - 07-02-2008, 23:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Jammer View Post
According to sparky's logic it is.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
109 - 07-02-2008, 23:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerman View Post
That or too self important and vain.
they are more important... they wrote the bible after all.

i win again.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
110 - 07-02-2008, 23:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
If he truly loved us so, he would accept us with or without our faults. He would understand that some people could not accept that he existed without seeing it as so. Thomas, in the gospels, gains the title "doubting" for holding this.

Why would Jesus see fit to show him, and not the rest of us. If he does love us as much as men claim he does, then he would show all of us.
I give you the parable of the 10 talents (or in other gospels 10 denari). A rich man gave 1 slave 10 talents, another slave 5, another 1. He said work in my absence. When the master came back, the first slave says he worked with his money and gave 15 back, the next slave gave 10, and the other gave back the same talent he was given saying, I feared you and didnt want to lose the talent so I dug a hole and left it for you to come back. The master is furious and states why did you not put my talent in the bank to accure interest.

What this parable states is that to what much is given much is expected. Each person has a goal line they have to reach in God's Eyes proportional to what they received in this life. God will judge and understand certain circumstances.

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
111 - 07-02-2008, 23:09
Quote:
I am afraid he does not my friend. God tests everyone on the planet before he gives you his grace. This was true with Moses, the Jews, and even Jesus Christ himself.

The distractions of this world is our test, if we pass we will find him, if we do not...well I am sure you know.
If God knows everything then God knows your answer to the test before you're even born. Why would God bother to give you the test if he already knows what your answer will be? No one with any sense believes that God, your alleged creator, will punish you for fulfilling the fate that he already knows you're destined for.

In short, you're a ****ing idiot.

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
112 - 07-02-2008, 23:09
BABY CHIMP HUGS DEAD MOTHER CHIMP

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
113 - 07-02-2008, 23:09
Hey Sipher, how old is the Earth?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
114 - 07-02-2008, 23:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
i dont think god or jesus ever intended for people to give up their intelligence in order to get into heaven.

by implying this you're pretty much saying what atheists have been saying all along, christians are ignorant sheep.
He does not state give up intelligence, he only mentions it is harder for the rich man to obtain glory in heaven. Think of it this way. If a person has the IQ of 140 and is about to go to medical school, but God wishes him to use his gifts to become a pastor, this man must give up alot in this life for the glory of God.

DudeofDeath
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
115 - 07-02-2008, 23:10
Quote:
This information can be obtained by anyone who reads the Bible with the Holy Spirit in them. Jesus himself stated that the true meanings of his word would be hidden in parables. Only the Holy Spirit can give us the full reward of his word.

I've read the bible several times, but also understood that the bible was written by men, not by god. People that suppossedly follow the book, don't really follow it, they follow it only in the way that suits them at the moment.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
116 - 07-02-2008, 23:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post

yup... his expected response made me

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
117 - 07-02-2008, 23:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Jammer View Post
the greatest minds of our time were the least devout christians or simply atheists.

interface
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
118 - 07-02-2008, 23:12
Even if Sipher or even me could provide tangible proof, you still wouldn't believe. The Israelites in the wilderness between Egypt and the promised land saw god in a cloud by day, pilar of fire by night, ate manna - bread that was on the ground each morning like dew, heard God's own voice at mount Sinai, saw Moses draw water out of rocks at least twice twice by beating his stick on them, and numerous other things in this short 40 year period. They were unable to believe, even for a month, after seeing these tangible acts of God.

Sin - It's that thing deep within us that prevents us from discontinuing to make wrong decisions even though we are intellectually aware that they are wrong - like me and alcohol...I quit for 2 years but just don't have the power to stay away from it now that my focus on the Messiah has been diluted with the pressures of my new job. These flaws are what prevent a perfect God from being in direct contact with us. Jesus' life was to shed perfect blood to protect us from the perfect God - just like an oven mit protects your flesh from a burning hot pan. To expect that God will bend an forgive you isn't that he hates you - that would be like expecting a burning hot pan to feel sorry for you and cool itself so you could reach into the oven to pull it out with your bare hand.

Anyway, hi - good times

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
119 - 07-02-2008, 23:12

John the Jammer
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 07-02-2008, 23:13
It's really a shame the way the Protestant solicitation of Christianity turns many people away from the faith.

Page 6 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith