Ragnaros to 23% on first attempt

[meph]DarkDonut

Contributor
Veteran XX
guild tried Rag twice last night and got to 34% then 23%. All we gotta do is tweak with our positioning and management on the sons and we're golden for our next attempt(s).

Hope you Exiled triccs can keep up. I know you got him to 4% but we will get there next time and probably kill him.

it's not a big deal to beat rag anymore :[

pure DPS and the time you gun for is 3 minutes

i was pretty disappointed whenever i found out how easy he was

yes it's a short fight, but he's not easy. just because he doesn't take an hour to kill doesn't mean that he's any less of a fight than the other bosses. I'm rather happy he's not a long fight because it makes the fight about urgency over maintainence. once the sons spawn, even if you're organized, it still becomes very chaotic and you have to act fast, unlike onyxia, where everything is timed and even now phase 3 doesn't seem very chaotic since i've been through it so many times.

You're in conquest? Anyways. We've only gotten as low as 42% got all the sons but one though but he whent back into combat after 30 seconds instead of the normal minute and half that attempt and fucking destroyed us.

(we got like 8 mages though and only 4 rogues man does that hurt dps:\ WHY MUST MY CLASS SUCK)

My guild killed him last week we are going for our 2nd kill tommorow night. He isnt exactly what I imagined the battle with the "god of fire" would be like. I'm disapoited in the fight. I wanted something more epic. Not another Kazzak-esq dps burn.

you can see what we got at www.inquisitionguild.net

We beat him again tonight we got the booby prize Choker of the Firelord which is a total piece of crap. Band of Acuria, Dragonstalker Leggings, and Nemesis Leggins. Like we need more fucking Hunter loot our hunters with the exception of one have between 5 and 7 pieces of Giantstalker, 1 to 2 pieces of Dragonstalker, 3 have the epic bow, all have an epic ranged weapon. Its sick they are all about to go negative in DKP because so much hunter shit drops. In 5 kills of Golemag not a singe fucking Robe of Prophecy.

Last edited:
Blackfade said:
my guild only let hunters roll for it, think that was influenced by our leader being a hunter =)
Yeah, our guild leader is a priest but the guy who organizes all their PvE shit is a warrior so he tried to get warriors in on the roll.

I agree it's a great hunter ring (my main is a hunter), but imho it's more suited for rogues.

Yeah we beat his ass last night.

I had top damage with 87k (rogue with all atk power gear + gutgore).

It's a hard fight for sure but like everything else in WoW it only gets easier from here.

we were supposed to kill Rag today, but because of the Star Wars Ep III release I doubt it's going to happen. Only the nerdletry of Star Wars can pull half a guild away from a Ragnaros kill.

We've had 0 success so far:\ Getting him to 30's every try and working on sons strats. Sadly taking it slower because of the bad blood weeks of rag attempts cause hehe.

[meph]DarkDonut said:
we were supposed to kill Rag today, but because of the Star Wars Ep III release I doubt it's going to happen. Only the nerdletry of Star Wars can pull half a guild away from a Ragnaros kill.

:lol:

Same thing happened to us, we were going to work on domo - and only 30 people showed up.

We (In Excelsis, Laughing Skull) killed him a few nights ago after bringing him down to 1% the night before.

You have two different approaches to it. You either give yourself 3 minutes to kill him, or you prepare yourself for a Sons fight, survive that, then kill him in Phase 3.

The only problem with the latter approach is the randomness of it. Our first tactics/attempts brought balanced groups to the fight, and we tried to fight him like Onyxia, with 3 different phases and tactics. We got it down to 35-40% in p1, tried to survive and kill the Sons, only to see half the raid wipe in a 3 second timeframe to 2 random lava splashes. Any fight in p3 is too dependant on sheer luck, imho.

So basically, we loaded up on rogues (we had 12) like everyone else, had limited priests (5, I think) devoted to healing the MT, and a few paladins/druids to heal the DPS. Presto, dead in 2:55.

Hopefully, the patch will allow more balanced groups to beat him.

Back