winters veil

No Headless Horseman-type epics?

They've never done that for Christmas. I don't think any of the actual crafting recipes have been changed since '04. They added in the clothes and boots and hats last year I think, and added the spiced cider. They occasionally have added toys/vanity pets, but nothing like HH/Adune.

Not sure if anyone has tried this... Obviously horde get green clothes and alliance get red. And the christmas vendors are friendly to both factions. So it may be possible you can sneak/fight into the opposing faction city and buy the other faction's color.
This was mentioned on Allakhazam or WoWHead and some Horde players on Archimonde have done it because I already bought my Red Winter Clothes and Winter Boots. I can't get the hat if it only drops from Northrend bosses because I don't have WotLK or a high enough level character.

you can use this macro to get double the kiss rewards, just target the winter reveler farther away from you then press the macro, it kisses both and you get items from both

"/kiss
/target winter
/kiss"

(no " ")
How to kiss 2 Winter Revelers?

- make this macro

/kiss
/targetlasttarget
/kiss

- target 1 Winter Reveler
- target second Winter Reveler
- use macro
That macro is better. Taken from here.

This was mentioned on Allakhazam or WoWHead and some Horde players on Archimonde have done it because I already bought my Red Winter Clothes and Winter Boots. I can't get the hat if it only drops from Northrend bosses because I don't have WotLK or a high enough level character.

Last year it was actually a world drop, some people were getting them off random mobs. I'm not entirely sure about how it is this year, I suspect any dungeons would have a chance to drop the hat. It would defeat the whole purpose achievement-wise to make only hats drop off Northrend bosses, thereby not allowing any low-levels or alts the chance to attain a hat. But then again you do need to open up Orgi'la in order to do the bombing run achievement so maybe it's not that far fetched. I'm still trying to pinpoint who drops them group-wise (global, dungeons, Northrend dungeons, etc) but had someone LFG'ing for specific dungeons because that person was convinced the hat has a 100% drop rate on humanoid bosses in Northrend. Not sure where they got that info but if it was actually true you'd see a lot more winter hats around.

so what is worth getting from this?

I don't care about clothes etc

Probably the snowball maker schematic for engineers, but you only have one chance per toon to pick it up on completion of saving the holidays from the Greenche. The rest is ultimately low-level frilly stuff most 70+ people will never actually use.

so if i saved one of the winter hats from last year (i'm a huge packrat... it's one of my weaknesses) then i just need to get a tailor to make shit? and i'm high enough cooking, and i already have ogrila capped so i can just do the bombing run, then i'm basically good to go to lag my way through the achievement?

so if i saved one of the winter hats from last year (i'm a huge packrat... it's one of my weaknesses) then i just need to get a tailor to make shit? and i'm high enough cooking, and i already have ogrila capped so i can just do the bombing run, then i'm basically good to go to lag my way through the achievement?

I don't think even the colors have to match, I'm not too sure though. But now both factions should be able to make both colors. The opposing color can be bought off the vendors provided you fight/die your way into the opposing city to talk to said vendor.

I can confirm that the red and green hats are 100% drop from certain specific bosses in Northrend, normal and heroic.

I farmed Telestra in Nexus (regular) the last 2 nights and got about 13 hats for people (and one for me). She is a very easy kill/farm for any group with solid heals and a capable tank. Once you down her, just step out of the instance and reset for another go.

so again, the only rewards from this stuff are just gay rp aesthetic crap?

Need it for the 310% violet proto drake.

I'm in no rush, my warrior won't be able to complete it till the end of 2010 anyway, assuming I haven't made a new main/am still playing.

Back