FlexBar 2

|Blitzkrieg|

Veteran XX
I read about a week ago that FlexBar 2 is finally finished, but I haven't checked it out yet. Has anyone installed the latest version of this wonderful mod? Is it anything like it was pre-BC?

Ah yes, I remember a time when the thought of playing WoW without Flexbar sent shivers down my spine. Sadly, those times are long gone... I've since learned to live with bar mods who's standards and options were minuscule in comparison to the Flexbar of the past. There were a very few who came close.
However, I'm not sure if I would switch back now unless the flexibility was near what it use to be. Perhaps I'm just pessimistic, but I have my doubts about Flexbar2 living up to my expectations.

EDIT:
Well, I'm giving the newest version a test run. The framework is completed as far as the author(s) like, however there is no Ace based menu/gui to compliment the extensive slash commands. The author(s) is/are looking for talent to help with the creation of the GUI. Now, I know that older versions of Flexbar were completely slash command driven, and a simple menu interface was later implemented, but configuring an Ace based addon now, entirely by slash commands, feels so ghetto.

Last edited:
After further testing, I think flexbar will be out of the reach of any casual player considering the lack of GUI + mediocre documentation on the available slash commands. I was able to basicly setup a simple UI, similar to some old flexbar layouts I use to use, however I've yet to find out how to customize the UI any further using events or if this is even possible yet.

I think the mod is still far from finished. Thus far, it looks promising but it still has a tremendous amount of improvements and implementations to achieve before it will bring back any nostalgic feelings from old flexbar users.

I have to agree. I installed FlexBar2 and played around with it, and while I remembered a lot from the old FlexBar and was able to set up the kind of thing I use already with Bartender3, its lack of extra features made it pretty much useless for now. I seriously hope many of the old FlexBar1 features return eventually (obviously with the changes from BC, not everything can return), as I'd be happy to switch to it over BT3, but until it becomes more functional, there isn't much point beyond creating individual buttons over bar groups

Back