midair player skill tiers and reviews list by The Perfumed Garden - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Midair
Reload this Page midair player skill tiers and reviews list
Page 5 of 6
Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 03-15-2018, 04:51

Sponsored Links
Wipeout5555
Old
82 - 04-04-2018, 10:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelisacuck View Post
you'd be surprised at just how many people are unable to operate a keyboard
This was Mabel insulting himself on a Smurf account

The game is worth it but the community has private interpolate lol and is pretty elitist

They banned me from discord and forums despite 3k donation

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 04-04-2018, 20:34
hey wipeout5555 hows it going

Wipeout5555
Old
84 - 04-05-2018, 20:02
The rachet and clank game and paladins r much better experiences than overwatch. Reflex is p good too. Midair is a beautiful game but some overall flag shooting garbage and reload is real bad.

Wipeout5555
Old
85 - 04-05-2018, 20:04
Also really liking Red out and hoping either midair or t1 has cash tourneys for it casted. I am saving for prize pool. Hope ppl pu

Wipeout5555
Old
86 - 04-12-2018, 18:33
nash or some1 u gotta edit the part about swordfish out of the op they r angry about this

mabelisacuck
Veteran
Old
87 - 04-14-2018, 15:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout5555 View Post
This was Mabel insulting himself on a Smurf account

The game is worth it but the community has private interpolate lol and is pretty elitist

They banned me from discord and forums despite 3k donation
you are mentally ill

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
88 - 04-14-2018, 15:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelisacuck View Post
you are mentally ill
not really i mean only slightly

and at least im not u smurfing with a donald trump name

wtf eat apples
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 04-22-2018, 03:46
That's a massive ****ing list you got there.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 04-22-2018, 11:36
THERES MORE!

actual midair tier list by fyr - TribalWar Forums

1 - 12-21-2016, 02:20 PM
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
actual tier list because archetype are too care bear. people are now rated in order of tier after many requests. if people are in t1 its because they're generally pretty good all rounders or have skill set that elevates them to great heights.

list is kept up to date with who is doing well and who is doing ****

t1:
stork - best stay d but never plays it. super chill guy, never gets mad and an absolute pleasure to play with
dl - best chase and overall mechanical god. only reason he is lower than stork is because stork
tool/couch/boris - happy to show you how broke chain is. agreed 'flex' god
nark - probably best all round player. worst mapper ever though
captaintea - never shuts up about how his weapons havent reloaded. dont put him on stay d if you dont like campers getting out
yods - he gets bored of playing so dont see him much but when he plays he's still up here.
implo - i lied. this guy can aim but thats it. consistently abandoning capper when he plays stay d to go chase. just stick him on chase. another player you don't want to see on offence.

t2:
schreq - he's pretty consistent but can sometimes get mad at you for dumb ****. plays a bunch worse when he has NA ping compared to other EU players
shad - he's pretty alright i guess. overrated by the former asscend players. great killing power and good awareness but missing that spark to make him truly great
swordfish - plays like god some pickups then absolute dog **** next guess he is solid enough
fyr - too inconsistent to be t1 and i dont use comms anymore. been messing with sensitivity more so been sucking more recently.
icedwinds - pretty good dueler and shows signs of brilliance but plays too inconsistent to be t1. this guy does dumb **** all the time that may end up working
sleepy/logic - he's okay i guess. missing magic that he used to have when i play against him. best on defence, his o play is ... interesting.
melur - pretty good dueller and i like his humour. overall really solid player on both d and o
sin - rarely see but easily t2 at least when you factor in terrible west coast ping
kzn - pretty good player. he's been moving higher on the list and i'm starting to see why people like to play with him. just needs to keep sharpening his play and decisions and he's easily higher.
tarzul/ravesty - he's overall pretty solid but missing magic that keeps him down. seems to be able to play both d and o on par with each other

t3:
bugspray - actually started playing the game again. seems solid enough in lots of respects but needs to put the time in before I can say he should be higher
blakk - consistent player but probably a bit overrated by most. think others have caught up to him now in capping ability.
icehawk - nice aim; nice d and block play. just does dumb things that keeps him from being higher and can't really play any sort of flex. lots of killing power though
jp - nice capper but playing on craptop keeps him down
angrypolak - pretty good passer on standoffs. has lots of potential but needs to put more time in
izza - likes to claim best dueler but cant even return flag most of the time. awareness is .. lacking to say the least sometimes but friendly guy.
moose - solid enough pick. probably best on o
miri - likes to talk the talk but he's too bad to really pose a threat
nameless - good player but does dumb things occasionally and has issues with consistency.
esprit - good cap but dumb play keeps him down along with killing power issues
tylermarket - this man is a meme. really hard to place because he sometimes plays like he's in t2 and sometimes t4. guess its down to whos on his team and who he wants to beat.

t4:
dev - needs to tighten his routes and timing. killing power and standoff play also needs to improve before he gets to t3
immie - surprisingly gotten plenty better recently but his offence play is shocking bad and routes take forever
naner - getting lots better. should make it higher pretty soon.
application - solid capper. probably should be higher but his play to me never really seems to impact the game (no clutch).
sharp - i thought this guy was supposed to be good. nice aim but cant ski and bad standoff passer usually. not playing much recently so dont have more recent thoughts
berserker - getting better but lots of dumb play still. apparently plays on craptop which also doesnt help
b3d - improving after accident again, starting to be much more of a threat.
giohm - can duel well but thats it. can't ski and play is so predictable
voidspawn - can cap okay but cant duel for ****
brooky - poor kid needs to play more to get gud again.

t5:
zwidow - poor guy tries but he's not quite all there. guess he is the most 'versatile' t5 player.
fray - this man has no sense of offence timing. is also really ****ing annoying on comms depending if you like that or not
soundguy - improving capper but gets rekt by others in terms of killing power and slow reactions. also runs really weird long routes and can't time well
apollyon - needs to learn to ski and get good routes. has more killing power than most down here.
jahman - he might struggle but at least he puts his heart into it. god tier camper but needs to improve his exits and try and improve his reaction times
gonno - can cap okay. killing power pretty low like others in this tier
verna - never plays anymore but if he did he'd probably be here. don't have much recent data either

t6+:

i would name people here but they are either too new or are just simply so bad its hard to watch them play

hard to rate tier:

these ****s are here because they dont play pickups but are still worth a mention
proj - came back for tourney but never plays pickups so cant really rate. easily around t2
fett - havent seen play recently but is solid enough if he puts the time in. easily around t2
desco - king of the meme routes. needs to play more because hes just the best. easily around t2
malice - goddammit come back so we can do sick passes. probably around t3
dare - come back sweet prince
slush - made me move him to the inactive list

Changelist:

30/12/16 - shuffled a few people around and added dev.
06/01/17 - made slush inactive

UPDATED AS OF 07/01/18.

I have sorted people into 'rough' picking order within tiers. Of course at all times during picking, one player might be better for your team than another based on several factors that might not always be so obvious. I recommend that your first pick will be a strong player in a specific role, like chase, then base the rest of your picks around filling the leftover positions.

This sheet is meant as a general who's who of Midair. These are my own personal thoughts on the players currently playing pickups, which others way disagree with.

GOAT
Standout players.

Active:
Stork As voted. Very complete player on defence, works well with team. Can occasionally get a touch flustered from the hard focus, but regains composure easily. Stay D
jp Best mechanical capper, worthy of his spot here even if he won't work with some teams and often has internet trouble. Offence

Inactive:
wristfracture Hero of us all. Troll.

Tier 1
Great with very few weaknesses.

Active:
Joey A great all rounder, and is also a nice guy to boot. Probably one of the most improved players on the list over the past year. Flex
Mavi Strong blocker and chaser. Main thing from stopping him from being really great is lack of brain and always going for big plays. Chase
thecaptaintea A very solid chaser. He will go for the 'big' play more than he should sometimes instead of playing conservatively/intelligently. Minor inconsistency problems. Chase
Sharp The brain on this guy is insane, anything he might miss mechanically doesn't hinder him too greatly, but does stop him from being higher on the list. Offence
fyr I need to focus on working around teammates more and synergising around with all differerent types of players. I'm probably one of the most complete players here, with good clutch ability. Flex
Couch Flex god. I learnt alot from this guy when starting out and he knows how to play ctf excellently. It's a shame Midair isn't giving him consistent frames right now. Flex
Nark Shockingly I really like the way Nark plays. Simple and intelligent, but another who perhaps tends to go for the 'big' play a touch too much. Flex
Icehawk A complete d player who can flex really effectively. Main weakness I feel is duel/block ability, but still has good killing power. Defence
rtcll Best aim. Will either work well with his team or not at all. Dread to think what he would play like on positions other than chase. Chase
DL The mechanics and clutch ability on this guy make him worthy of his spot here, even if he can lack intelligence in some situations. Chase
Yodsanklai Very solid player, perhaps a touch overrated occasionally, and does have big consistency problems. Brick wall when playing well. Chase
Sin Intelligent player will great dueling power. If he moved east coast and got more playtime, you'll probably find a really scary player. Offence
Berserker Mechanically he has gotten much stronger recently, and this has helped him greatly, but his decision making can sometimes be questionable. Offence
Melur A smart player who relies more on his positioning than aim. Good synergiser and will win games, even if though I personally would consider him alittle weaker than others. Flex
Ravesty Obviously a great dueller, and very good clearer/positional player, but I feel he lacks effective routes and struggles with timing. Offence
Implosions Great mechanical player, but will not work well with 'most' teams and cannot tolerate incompetence, you'll notice this by him refusing to use comms. Probably one of the most consistent players. Chase

Tier 2
Will pose a heafty challenge to anyone.

Active:
Slush A good route runner and positional player. Probably his biggest weakness is overall killing power, but does synergise well with teammates. Offence
Moose Another player who is pretty good, and times well with teammates, but can struggle versus stronger players. Very consistent however. Offence
Schreq Recently returned, Schreq relies on his killing power to get things done. This can sometimes limit his decision making, Stay D
Swordfish Another weirdly inconsistent player. Needs to get more practice in too if he wants to break through into the next tier. Offence
esprit A strong capper who manages to get work done. He doesn't always synergise the best with certain players, but has good lctf meta play. Offence
b3d An underrated aimer, really nice guy and works well with everyone. Main thing I want to see is more of him in pickups. Stay D
Giohm Strong chainer, comes across as a very strong player but doesn't understand the ctf game to any great degree and struggles against stronger players. Stay D
IcedWinds Iced is good mechanically, but can be inconsistent and occasionally braindead, resulting in tier 2. Chase
Nameless A really good spotter and blocker, but has ping trouble pretty often, leaving others to underestimate him. His standoff play / killing power is something for him to work on. Stay D
TylerMarket An all rounder whose positional play can occasionally be a headscratcher. Good teamplayer though and works great with teammates. Flex
Izza A solid player, especially clearing, but lack of playtime (don't have kids if you want to video game) and still not having a good grasp of route running puts him here. Offence
Dilli Recent sighting in pickup gets him on the active list, placed tentatively in tier 2 pending further review. Stay D

Inactive:
Logic Haven't seen for some time, too busy playing Paragon it seems these days. Chase
Shad He was a strong position stay d back in the day, with some good chain. Would love to see him return. Stay D

Tier 3
Solid picks worthy of consideration.

Active:
Malice An active-ish guy on Tribes 1, whenever he plays Midair it shows. Strong timing and route running already, but needs to play more to get up there like other past Tribes 1 players have. Offence
Fox A new player to midair, but already becoming very solid. Needs to work on timing somewhat and focus on improving his killing power. Offence
JimmyJams Could probably be lot higher on the list if he got more playtime in, has great potential. Strong capper, with good timing. Offence
Fray He has come a long way from his tier 4.5 days. He has improved all aspects of his game, but still a bit weaker than others. Offence
Ringo Already a fairly all round player, a good capper and flexible with passing, he needs more practice at all aspects of the game, especially to improve his lctf meta play. Offence
Pikaboo A good dueler / blocker, but really struggles with his movement to the point it really hinders him from improving. His standoff play could see improvement too. Chase
kzn Has rust but this guy really needs to stop campers from getting out, and work on his dueling/killing power. Clearly has potential for tier one. Stay D
Voidspawn A surprisingly better d player than most people realise, struggles with timings and routes on offence. Defence
Spyder Spyder is getting stronger all the time in all aspects of the game, but I'd like him to work on his killing power / blocking and standoff play for him to start really competiting with the better players. Flex
PROJ I wasn't impressed with PROJ when he last played Midair and seeing as he really, really hates LCTF, I thought I'd dump him down here. Chase

Inactive:
Fett Fun guy to play with and always made clutch plays. Offence
angrypolak All I remember is that polak could be really clutch, one more player that I'd like to play with again. Offence
absolute Unfortunately it has been so long since I last saw absolute play, I've forgotten how he played at all. Another nice guy who I'd like to see return. Not Known

Tier 4
Usually will struggle in some way.

Active:
Panda A new player, with great aim, giving him good killing power and blocking from the get go. This lends him a huge advantage starting off, but needs to work on his movement and ctf knowledge. Chase
Blakk He was a stronger capper with good timing, but more practice is certainly needed before climbing up a couple of tiers. Offence
miri Miri can be very temperamental and can have poor control over emotions ingame drastically affecting his ingame performance before taking into account any rust. Offence
ripper Ripper is another new player to Midair, but has shown clear improvement. Main thing other than his route running to work on is his killing power and standoff play. Offence
Immie His lack of playtime in recent times has made others surpass him. Nice guy though and works well with others. Stay D
Soundguy Soundguy tends to underestimate himself. He can be inconsistent, but he can go toe to toe with some of the better players on this list and can be clutch at times. Offence
Daeman Daeman has improved in all aspects of his game, but will still often blunder oppotunities and be inconsistent. Offence
Jahman Jah is roughly around this level of play. If nothing else he is consistent, but being the oldest player of Midair does have it's drawbacks, namely his reaction speed and killing power. Offence
Frostbite A seemingly flexible player so far, with reasonable killing power and blocking. Needs to just practice and improve at all aspects of the game. TBD
Brooky He's back, but I haven't seen him play yet. Probably around about tier 4 for now. TBD
Respa Respa has definitely improved his capping recently, and is becoming more consistent in his play overall. Main thing would be to work on his killing power / clearing. Offence

Inactive:
Application-1 I don't think he has any real interest in coming back, but would be nice to play with him again. Offence
Devil Devil was a good dueler / chaser back when he played. Would like to see him return because he did have potential. Not Known

Tier 5
Getting better but still a long way to go.

Active:
scarface Scarface already has good speed routes, with quite reasonable timing, but needs to work on his standoff play when he gets home. Offence
BLS BLS is solid enough playing a role on defence, but will struggle vs stronger players in terms of being able to stop enemy O. More playtime can solve this problem. Defence
Future Already accepting a fair weight on his shoulders by playing stay d, I would say Future has good potential in Midair with simply more playtime and improving his lctf meta play. Defence
OGLE With solid killing power, ogle needs to work on his movement and route knowledge before he can be bumped up a tier Offence
Chemdawg It's been awhile since I've played with chemdawg, but probably similar to others in that he needs to improve his route knowledge. Offence
Sparkles Sparkles has improved, especially on her killing power. Movement is still inconsistent and can only run basic routes, but certain if she put more playtime in she could move up. Defence
Egg Egg has definitely improved from where he was, and can run effective routes, but needs to seriously work on his killing power and standoff play. Offence
oahra oahra is solid enough for having just returned. Like others, needs to improve route knowledge first and improve from there. TBD
Zwidow EU pickups returned and so did zwidow. The zwidow disk jump meme is still well and truly alive folks. On the defence side he is able to chase reasonably well, but don't expect any clutch. Chase
squid squid is already a proficient capper, but needs to work on his route knowledge and timing. Offence
Phix He might be a great shrike player, but some of his lctf play leaves alot to be desired. I'd suggest him to focus on his capping and timing first. TBD
reffe One more that needs to improve their movement, but reffe has shown himself to be flexible enough to be able to start playing d and getting stops. TBD
J-Dope I feel he needs to improve his route knowledge and speed first. Seems to be already reasonably competent on standoffs. Offence
riley Not played with in any great detail yet. TBD
Lockjaw Not played with in any great detail yet. I did hear he is reasonably solid though. TBD

Inactive:
Apollyon A nice guy who stopped playing awhile back just as I saw he was starting to improve. Offence

Tier 6
New or recently returned players still learning.

Active:
Smokin Smokin needs to improve his route knowledge and being able his already known routes faster. Offence
Skipmonk Skip needs to work on his movement first and build himself up to start running effective cap routes. Offence
Sauon Can perform basic caps, but his routes take forever to get started so often he will be desynced and blocked easily. Offence
Lazy Lazy seems to have potential, having good aim for a newer player, but his movement ability is currently abysmal. He needs to work on managing his energy and getting to where he needs to be. TBD
dose Aussie player who is braving the ping, consistent route running, but I doubt he'll be able to get higher on this list with his ping as killing power is such an important part of the game. Offence
AnarchyAo Anarachy is a tribes assend troll that really needs to get a grip on Midair movement before he will get anywhere. Offence
mal Haven't seen personally recently, but the last time I saw him he was starting to get a good grip on the movement and was running improved routes. Offence
Mista B Movement is pretty slow, needs to work big time on mastering the physics and being able to be a threat on offence. Offence
Mcnibbles Mcnibbles has improved since he first started, the main thing would to improve his knowledge of his routes and focus on building speed so he can be more of a thread when grabbing. Offence
Rosco Not played with in any great detail yet. TBD
pixel_matter Not played with in any great detail yet. TBD
LiquidSwordz Not played with in any great detail yet. TBD

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
91 - 04-22-2018, 11:52
basically fyr just categorized all 100 ppl who have ever tried to pu in midair as being on a tier. even ppl that just wanted to pub and learn the game. hope he feels pro gamer now that t1 beat his legions knock off t2 trash game

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
92 - 04-23-2018, 14:21
fyr should kill self

fyr
Veteran³
Old
93 - 04-27-2018, 20:10
u do realise you retard that midair lt is basically t1 lt right? legions literally could not be further from it except for the fact there is bouncy flag and smooth ski. dunno why i bother speaking to u because even when u agree with me in the past your multiple personality kicks in.

i actually think you should be locked up in a mental institution and the key thrown away for just how retarded you are.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
94 - 04-27-2018, 20:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
i think midair (as with most tribes successors) misses capturing the difficulty curve of the first tribes game that got most of us addicted in the first tribes game. the game was so hard to pick up initially that it attracted a very specific type of gamer that was drawn to the challenge, and drove away the rest. the same generation that grew up playing incredibly difficult NES games with unforgiving permadeath mechanics. the gamer thats drawn to games like super meat boy or rocket league - the kind of game that isn't afraid to put your head on a stick a hundred times in a row, but can be tamed and even mastered.

but instead, midair (like other tribes successors) decided to modernize the most difficult and iconic thing about tribes, and lowered the depth of the movement mechanic. sure tribes has minor aim skill and simple timing between teammates, but it's all trivial and uninteresting unless you're trying to do it all while hopping on one foot with one eye closed and a hand tied behind your back. what's hard about shooting at players moving in parabolic arches throughout the sky with no cover? what's difficult about timing attacks with 30 seconds of setup? how can this compete with the twitchy mechanical ability required by games like cs or quake? how can this compete with the pixel by pixel millisecond teamwork demanded by games like league or dota? why pretend that tribes is about the things that it's weakest at, instead of focusing on its strength, the skiing? why don't developers double down on the skiing mechanic and make it even more rewarding?

here's a terribly biased hypothetical scenario - suppose a group of friends got together to invent "unicycle polo", where people play polo while riding on a unicycle. initially, the game is impossible and nobody can even stay on the unicycle for more than 5 seconds, goals are almost never scored. as months pass, most people quit, but some keep at it, and those that stick with it eventually get the hang of it after a few months and fall in love with it. later than that, someone new joins and decides that the unicycles are too difficult and adds training wheels and calls it "unicycle polo 2.0".

this new version of "unicycle polo" attracts more people since it's way more approachable, and unicycle polo 2.0 has twice as many players as before! the game is faster since balancing isn't an issue, and players are able to aim better and do things that the first players couldn't even have dreamed of! the old generation mutters their discontent, but the new 2.0 players reassure them that the spirit of the game is still there - you've got teamwork, you've got polo, you've got a unicycle. but the first group of players - the ones that stuck it out - can't put their finger on why it doesn't feel quite the same and most of them walk away. well, who's right?

...maybe both? i think part of the difficulty of making a "modern tribes" is just that tribes as a series had so many different generations which each fell in love with something else. maybe some people liked the freedom of exploration going to the edges of the earth looking for easter eggs, while others liked the teamwork and coordination, maybe others liked the large scale war simulation and strategy with refined roles. some people liked the quake e-sporty aspect of the game, the others fell in love with the moddability and openness of it all. some people wanted to compete, others wanted to play goofy ass mods all day and smoke a joint unwind after work. maybe that's the real magic of the first game - that it was able to fulfill so many buckets for so many demographics of gamers.

in any case, my opinion is that just became some people fell in love with the original unicycle polo and some fell in love with unicycle polo 2.0 doesn't mean that any group is any more right than the other, regardless of which one came first or which one attracts more players. it just shouldn't come as a surprise to find out that most unicycle polo 1.0 players aren't that interested to play the version with training wheels, no matter how much the 2.0 players insist that they should.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 04-28-2018, 15:51
posts like the above make me throw up quit being a psedo-intel fag*****

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
96 - 04-28-2018, 16:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyr View Post
u do realise you retard that midair lt is basically t1 lt right? legions literally could not be further from it except for the fact there is bouncy flag and smooth ski. dunno why i bother speaking to u because even when u agree with me in the past your multiple personality kicks in.

i actually think you should be locked up in a mental institution and the key thrown away for just how retarded you are.
you do realize your ****ty cash grab game is dead for many of us before it even started.

Last edited by spockhammer; 04-29-2018 at 23:49..
Killa J
VeteranX
Old
97 - 04-29-2018, 03:14
T1 was the first of it's kind in a completely different era of video games. You are about 15 years too late for a "revival" and all the other Tribe games just ruin it's legacy. Sorry to say it, MidAir will fail just like every other wannabe Tribes game. I could list a **** ton of reasons why it will fail but I'd rather not waste my time. Enjoy what you have(if that's MidAir so be it) because it will be tossed aside like everything else. Hopefully I didn't hurt any sensitive players out there. <3

Last edited by Killa J; 04-29-2018 at 03:18..
DC.
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 04-29-2018, 15:14
shutup killer j u r stupid

fyr
Veteran³
Old
99 - 04-29-2018, 18:05
midair lt is the closest there has ever been to t1 lt in ANY tribe game before yet its still not good enough

obv the devs are retarded and haven't fixed a few things with it but the mode is pretty good

fyr
Veteran³
Old
100 - 04-29-2018, 18:07
this forum software is ****e

Last edited by fyr; 04-30-2018 at 14:35..
Page 5 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Midair
Reload this Page midair player skill tiers and reviews list

Social Website Bullshit