No Laurie For Me (NLFM) by NoGodForMe - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page No Laurie For Me (NLFM)
Page 6 of 117
Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
101 - 07-20-2021, 10:55
One of the more remarkable details here is you were divorced 27 years ago yet she remained intertwined in your life almost up to this point :o

Sponsored Links
Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
102 - 07-20-2021, 10:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
TLR - I know. Needed to type all this out so I know what happened.

Talked about this a few pages ago. It evolved into what is happening today. You see, before July of 2019, Laurie was still OK with me. She had forgiven me for not marrying her or being a church nut. Maybe a time line will help.

August 2017 - Laurie crashes her car on the way to see Ashley. The dog dies and Laurie has steel rods put in her arm.

2018 - Both my parents need help. We have 24/7 care at the home to help my mom who has COPD. This is 3 shifts of a worker coming in to watch my mom, and it costs $23/hr which we write off on my dads taxes. My dad has dementia and doesn't like the 24/7 help in the house. He eventually threatens the hired help with a knife telling them to get out. The cops come and put him in a half way house.

July 28th 2018 - Father moved to an assisted living facility in Ocala because he has dementia and needs mood drugs.

Aug 25th 2018 - Mother is moved to the same facility so both can be together.

Nov 15th 2018 - Mom passes in the facility after falling and breaking her hip, plus she had COPD which was getting worse. She died in her sleep.

Since the house is empty, Laurie would drive up to clean out the house, then she moved into the house saying she didn't like living in the current neighborhood with me. My dad is still in the facility at this point. Laurie would visit him and we could see the workers were neglecting him because we had cameras in the room. Laurie was infuriated with this, often calling the workers on the phone telling them to change his diaper and his cloths. We could see the wet spots on his pants and when we visited, the room smelled like pee.

June 25, 2019, brought my father out of the facility to the same house. Laurie is living there, doing house projects and taking my dad to a doctor. He no longer needs mood drugs and is happy. She has the carpet removed and wood flooring put down so my father can push a walker. Laurie repaints the walls (hired painter she eventually ****ed) and other projects such as a house water filter and roof repairs.

July 4th, 2019, last time doing it with Laurie. After this she progressively got mean to me, yet she loves my father and wants to care for him until the end.

Dec 2019 - Celebrated Christmas with Laurie and my dad at the house opening presents.

Jan 19, 2020 - Laurie's mom dies. Laurie doesn't get along with her family and has no reason to ever come back to South Florida.

Jan 2020 - Nov 2020 - We go through the whole year with me visiting every now and then and Laurie being a total ***** to me. Yet she's watching my father.

March 14th 2020 – Meeting at Bonefish Grill with myself, Ashley, and Wesley where Laurie says she’s done with me. Ashley can't believe what Laurie is saying. I don't get to talk much, Laurie keeps telling me to shut up when I respond the crap she's saying.

Nov 2020 - I find out she's dating someone. The caretaker called me as I was driving home and tells me everything. I had a feeling this was going on and even asked Laurie before this if she was seeing someone.

Jan 2021 - I have COVID, from Laurie who also gave it to Danny and my father. Laurie says she got it at Publix which is a joke. Laurie quarantines herself in her room for 10 days while I take care of my father. We both a coughing and have a cold for the 10 days. Turns out my father had COVID the day I drove up to take Laurie for the COVID test, then I got it a few days later from my father because I was wiping his nose constantly.

March 2021 - I sign up on 3 dating sites and start looking.

April 27th 2021 - I match with my GF on OKCupid
May 2nd 2021 - We meet at Pompano Beach to watch the Sunrise and go for Breakfast.
May 5th 2021 - Ate lunch at Giannia's Italian restaurant in Pompano Beach, walked at a park.
May 7th 2021 - Went on a boat ride with a co-worker, spent the night together.

See how everything slowly progressed. The dog died, my mom died, her mom died. I didn't move into the house up there because I kept my job where I live, and at the time, we were still working in the office. Covid hit in 2020, and now we can work from anywhere. I kept my job for the medical benefits, and that's what I do in life. So Laurie was up there in a retirement community playing tennis, pickle ball, doing all the activities with a caretaker in the house. Of coarse she's going to find a new guy after blaming me for everything in the past.

Find a new live in for the house? We've talked about it. If there was someone else then I could kick Laurie out and have someone else move in. My dad needs someone there all the time. The agencies are hard because different people show up and all they do is baby sit my dad. They don't get groceries or do projects around the house, and they charge $23/hr. So I'd have to move up there and do what Laurie is doing now. I did it for 2 weeks while she went on vacation in TX, and it's hard, because I always had to watch my dad. The moment I walk away, he can get up and walk himself. This happened with Laurie, my dad once fell on his face because Laurie was talking to someone and wasn't paying attention. The only time I can do anything else, is when he's sleeping, or taking nap during the day.

Move my dad into my house and watch him? My house is 2 stories and has stairs. The bedrooms are upstairs. My dad can go up stairs but it would be hard. I've have to buy a single story house and fix it up for him with grab rails and wooden floor.

--------------
Do I still believe in the Matrix? I believe in a higher power or another dimension. To that effect, we can say I believe in God but don't believe in Religion. Therefore, my name should really be No Religion For Me (NRFM) but at the time back in the day, I said NoGodForMe.
Seriously, you need to write a book.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
103 - 07-20-2021, 12:18
Quote:
Do I still believe in the Matrix? I believe in a higher power or another dimension. To that effect, we can say I believe in God but don't believe in Religion. Therefore, my name should really be No Religion For Me (NRFM) but at the time back in the day, I said NoGodForMe.
oh ok so see when u talked about this b4 i thought the fact she was taking care of ur dad meant u guys were getting a long ok because thats kind of like an enormous favor to do for an ex spouse. but now when you describe the decline since 2019 it sounds like basically that just had become her living arrangement since its ur house and she likes ur dad enough to take care of him while you support her living there.

that's tough kicking her out sounds like it's going to mean taking care of ur dad. hopefully this nurse works out bc she might be good at helping w/ that. we were talking about this a few months ago when i had to take care of my dad for a week. looking after a person in failing health 24/7 isn't really a job, i mean hiring someone for that is essentially hiring a new child. i dont think it's something money can buy.

i've thought about it more since then, how we're in this situation which i think is fairly unique to ameribritish culture in the 20th/21st century where old ppl end up sol. and i hate to blame my parents n i dont really because they're just doing the normal thing, but the fact is that kicking ur kids out when they turn 18 and saying "it's time for you to have your own life" i think is the beginning of the decline in responsibility for familial relationships. by the time the parents are 70/80/90 and the kids are 40/50/60, the kids dont feel like upending their entire life by reacclimating to living with their now sick and dying parents.

add that to how geographically spread out we are, where living "close" to your parents often means a 30 minute drive away, if not half a coastline, just because older people move so goddamn far away from anywhere where you might actually find a career.

you've described how you took care of ashley good, paid for her college and let her live with you for a long time and i'm now starting to see how smart that was. once you close the door it's a lot harder to re open.

Last edited by bowl of blood; 07-20-2021 at 12:21..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
104 - 07-20-2021, 13:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
One of the more remarkable details here is you were divorced 27 years ago yet she remained intertwined in your life almost up to this point :o
And they had necklaces with their names...
He literally wore a necklace that said "Laurie" for years.

She's a terrible person.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
105 - 07-20-2021, 13:31
Laurie took care of old people in the neighorhood for her job. She made $15 an hour doing it. She wouldn't go back to an office job because she cheated with someone.

Now she's taking care of my father living there. We never planned for this. My parents should not have moved 4 hours from me but they wanted to get out of Miami. So it was Leesburg which is really The Villages South.

That's why I'm helping Ashley and plan to move next to her, so people can take care of me if I have dementia. Ashley gets everything when I'm done so I'm helping them now. Ashley is debt free, no loans, looking to build a house on their property, and have kids.

Laurie can be a caretaker when she moves to Texas. She spends all the money she makes on crap, gives it to others, or the church.

^^^ We switched names back. I'm wearing the name Robert now.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 07-20-2021 at 13:37..
blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
106 - 07-20-2021, 13:34
does the new chick spit or swallow that mean green jizz juice

Lucien1964
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 07-20-2021, 13:41
Quote:
In another thread, we have...

Actually, I've been with a new girl since May 2nd of this year. Everyone wanted this, now it happened.

Laurie is still taking care of my father in Leesburg, she lives with him. She started dating someone else in November of 2020. I found out just before Thanksgiving, although Laurie told me she was going to do this. We had a meeting a few months before with my daughter and her husband at a restaurant in Ocala, where Laurie went off saying how bad things where.

The bottom line is Laurie wanted me to become a Christian wacko, and to be married to her again so she could push the nuclear button and take all the money. Not only did she want me to be a Christian, but a pastor of a church. I'm not making this up. There's a whole list of other things from the past she brought up. Oh, and by the way, Laurie went to a doctor, told the doctor everything, and was prescribed Sertraline (a mood drug which she doesn't take).

All of my father's money is already controlled by me. I'm on all his accounts because he has dementia and I was the POA. I am the trustee of his trust. There are no other brothers or sisters to fight over the estate. It's just me, and it all goes to Ashley when I pass. It took me over a year to get my name on all the accounts as the main person since my mom passed, but I've done it.

Laurie's fiancee has since moved to Texas City TX, then came back and proposed to her. He's building her a house there. So eventually I'll have to take care of my father if she moves out.

Yes, I've been busy with the new GF, she's a nurse, 55, and thinks exactly like me. I found her on OKCupid after being on 3 dating sites for 2 months. She owns a condo near Pompano Beach, owns her car, no debt, was cheated on (like me), but has her life together. She also likes to travel (amusement parks). We visit each other during the week and on the weekend. She even met my father and Ashley while Laurie went to TX for 2 weeks and we took care of my father. She has a 26 year old daughter (away for college) and a 20 year old son who I've met who is also going to college.

Pics? Not yet.

I've since talked to many people in the neighborhood and they're happy for me. Why? Because Laurie treated these people the same way she treated me. So the wish of TW came true, and it was all caused by Laurie with her stupid belief in a fairy tale religion. Even the new GF was asking me why I stayed with her after Ashley left. Probably because we had the dog and I didn't want Ashley to have to go through that pain of a separation. But now the dog is gone, Laurie moved away, and Ashley wants the best for me.
Good for you! Enjoy life sounds like you are on the right path.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
108 - 07-20-2021, 13:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
does the new chick spit or swallow that mean green jizz juice
She doesn't like the celery in the juice. I'm going to try other juices. We watched, "Fat Dick and Nearly Dead." She's coming around to being a vegetarian but I'm not forcing it. We go swimming and play pickle ball and ride bikes.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
109 - 07-20-2021, 13:51
Quote:
Quote:

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 07-20-2021, 13:54
Quote:
Laurie took care of old people in the neighorhood for her job. She made $15 an hour doing it. She wouldn't go back to an office job because she cheated with someone.

Now she's taking care of my father living there. We never planned for this. My parents should not have moved 4 hours from me but they wanted to get out of Miami. So it was Leesburg which is really The Villages South.

That's why I'm helping Ashley and plan to move next to her, so people can take care of me if I have dementia. Ashley gets everything when I'm done so I'm helping them now. Ashley is debt free, no loans, looking to build a house on their property, and have kids.

Laurie can be a caretaker when she moves to Texas. She spends all the money she makes on crap, gives it to others, or the church.

^^^ We switched names back. I'm wearing the name Robert now.
Why would you wear a necklace with your name?

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 07-20-2021, 13:56
Quote:
She doesn't like the celery in the juice. I'm going to try other juices. We watched, "Fat Dick and Nearly Dead." She's coming around to being a vegetarian but I'm not forcing it. We go swimming and play pickle ball and ride bikes.
Pickle ball? This is getting serious.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
112 - 07-20-2021, 14:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
This is what I am getting at

He says he understands that he doesnt have have her in his life, but the way he talks about it says that he really doesnt

I wish he could understand that it's literally as easy changing the locks on his house and never talking to her again and he would be free of her

Like this situation sounds great, but something tells me it wouldn't be crazy to think Laurie's new bf could kick her out and she would be Robert's roommate again the next day

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
113 - 07-20-2021, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dance View Post
Seriously, you need to write a book.
You know what the name of that book would be right....?

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
114 - 07-20-2021, 14:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
You know what the name of that book would be right....?
The Ho Playbook: how to wet the hole and endure.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
115 - 07-20-2021, 14:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
The Ho Playbook: how to wet the hole and endure.
You sir are a publishing genius. I'd by that book but only if it were scratch and sniff.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
116 - 07-20-2021, 15:00
Quote:
You see, before July of 2019, Laurie was still OK with me. She had forgiven me for not marrying her or being a church nut.
I've still not forgiven u for this either.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
117 - 07-20-2021, 15:46
so does every1 else kno what pickel ball is or is that just a euphemism

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
118 - 07-20-2021, 16:13
Pickleball is a big thing down here with the retirees. Pickle ball is to tennis what half-court games are to basketball

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
119 - 07-20-2021, 16:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
You sir are a publishing genius. I'd by that book but only if it were scratch and sniff.
Awkward.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
120 - 07-20-2021, 16:16
You got to meet her half way and have a good medium rare steak again.... the happiness will be worth whatever you think the evil meat is doing.
advice from a celery hating friend

Page 6 of 117

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page No Laurie For Me (NLFM)

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#teamlaurie , a part of me is gone , love letters to my dead wife , nlfm