SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

blue-moon-pale-ale.jpg

I like a coors now and then also

I don't like Blue Moon Belgian White.

I think the last belgian white i had was hoegaarden. I fucking funneled it in college. It was god awful disgusting with an aftertaste of juicy fruit chewing gum.

One reviewer on BA said he had about 3 fingers worth. :shrug:

Oh I'm not saying its not possible. A really aggressive pour into a tulip glass would most likely yield that result, I always use chalice's for Belgian Darks...actually pretty much all Belgian's except Pales.

a few (poor quality) pics from the last time I reorganized my #2 beer fridge...also a pretty up to date list of everything i have between two fridges and a long-term cellaring area

Google Docs

The glass makes it easier to drink if you have a can, imo. It's also more fun to drink out of a glass, but to each his own :shrug:

from what ive come to understand, the glass does not make a difference. its usually bs marketing.

Glass makes a difference. It affects the amount of head and the feel of the beer as you drink it.

That being said, if all you have is a pint glass, I think it's versatile enough that you can use it for everything (which is what I do). Maybe pint glass and a tulip/wine glass would be nice.

I love my local beers.
I've had all of the Sierra Nevada's even the new Black Label which is a rich stout, Mmm.
Weed has a good cheap beer with a kick, Lost coast is shitty beer, so no touchy.
Mendocino IPA is not my cup of beer, so I hear you on that.

All in all, I keep falling back to my Sierra Nevada (Dirt cheep since my co-worker's son is a brew master).

So, they are going forth with bottling the Empire Strikes Black? Got any pictures of it?

That is quite the collection, but why are you cellaring hoppy ipas like SN's Torpedo?

not in cellar, think i have 2-3 left in my upstairs fridge (the one kept at ~40F)...every once in awhile i'll throw a DIPA i'm not that fond of (say, Double Simcoe) into cellaring for ~8-10 months and see how it drinks after that. 4 out of 5 times, its bad news, but every once in awhile you a nicely balanced IPA that takes on barleywine tendencies after a few months. DFH90 is one of them.

pour it and try chilled (~45) and let it warm up to 50-55...i like tasting a beer as it warms and seeing which flavors open up at certain temps

i would pour the Oatmeal Stout accordingly to create about 1.5"-2" of head

thanks Stigs

I like a coors now and then also

*takes his first sip of a Blue Moon, mmm this is good*

"wait, what's that you say? this is made by a well known american brewery?

"uhh this is piss beer, get my some un heard of micro brew now!! I NEED HOPS"

Back