201 - 03-06-2010, 16:04
#1 curse strikes again

gg louisville

Sponsored Links
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
202 - 03-06-2010, 17:48
it's amazing that a coach whose team once made the national championship game actually has absolutely no coaching ability whatsoever

Greedo909
VeteranXV
Old
203 - 03-06-2010, 21:41
lol UNC

Hope Duke fans give it to Roy Williams for kicking that Presbetyrian fan out of their stadium.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGwgTjt1_qs

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
204 - 03-06-2010, 21:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
it's amazing that a coach whose team once made the national championship game actually has absolutely no coaching ability whatsoever
first thought based on the above would be Bruce Weber? or Paul Hewitt? (Rick Barnes never made it that far) (Self won) (

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
205 - 03-07-2010, 08:57
paul blewitt

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
206 - 03-07-2010, 08:58
excerpts from the twitter feed from blewitt:

#
# Our team deserves to be treated truthfully. This young basketball team is on the verge of earning an NCAA berth. 12:26 PM Feb 25th via web
# We realize we still have work to do but no one should ever question the effort, intelligence, or dedication of our program. 11:55 AM Feb 25th via web
# Their effort and level of commitment should never be questioned. 11:54 AM Feb 25th via web
# I believe in this team! 2:49 PM Feb 24th via TwitterRide
# To you critics: when athletes say some of the things you say, then you condemn them as quitters. Are you quitting? 2:48 PM Feb 24th via TwitterRide
# Are you a critic or a supporter of this team? Supporters will continue to watch this team fight. 2:48 PM Feb 24th via TwitterRide
# As we are coming to the latter part of the season, now is not the time to be judgemental. You all need to come out and support this team. 1:34 PM Feb 23rd via TwitterRide
# Clearly we are playing our best basketball of the season. Don't believe what you read from the "experts." Believe what you see. 12:48 PM Feb 23rd via TwitterRide

{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
207 - 03-07-2010, 09:15
Its truly mind boggling how UNC can miss the tourny, hell didndt they miss it once or twice more this decade?

Brings up the question, is it better for your team to be boom or bust, or say steady 28-30 wins elite eight or final 4 almost every year it seems like a Michigan State.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
208 - 03-07-2010, 09:27
this thread depresses me

i miss indiana's glory days

i like crean but iu basketball will never be the same without the general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
209 - 03-07-2010, 09:40
Disappointing loss to Florida, but beating KY and then beating the **** out of Miss St made for a good ending to a pretty good season so far for TN.

What sucks is TN is #13 in the country however unranked Ole Miss and Miss St are getting byes in the first round of the SEC tourney because they are #1 and #2 in the west. Booo. At least its and easy first game against LSU.

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
210 - 03-07-2010, 10:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by {FSC}Godfather View Post
Its truly mind boggling how UNC can miss the tourny, hell didndt they miss it once or twice more this decade?

Brings up the question, is it better for your team to be boom or bust, or say steady 28-30 wins elite eight or final 4 almost every year it seems like a Michigan State.
well i can definitely say as an osu fan that I'm not a fan of sucking every other year because all your blue chip recruits go one and done so your team is young every year. this year has been especially enjoyable because everybody has been with the team for 3+ years. I'd love to see ET come back for one more year to play with next years recruiting class(which is being compared to the oden/conley class), but thats not gonna happen. I just hope we don't lose 3 players to the NBA from that class next year.

its more fun to watch a team that you've seen develop over the years imo.

{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
211 - 03-07-2010, 10:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
well i can definitely say as an osu fan that I'm not a fan of sucking every other year because all your blue chip recruits go one and done so your team is young every year. this year has been especially enjoyable because everybody has been with the team for 3+ years. I'd love to see ET come back for one more year to play with next years recruiting class(which is being compared to the oden/conley class), but thats not gonna happen. I just hope we don't lose 3 players to the NBA from that class next year.

its more fun to watch a team that you've seen develop over the years imo.
I have a lot of friends who grew up Kentucky fans who are also Purdue fans.

Definitely a contrast, Purdue has watched these kids grow up and get better year in and year out. We were robbed of our final 4 shot this year by a fluke twist of a knee, and seeing a guy youve watched for 3 years like that go down hurt.

They get a year of Wall and Cousins knowing they are gone, and admit its kind of a empty feeling in a lot of ways, sure they are glad the schools good again but they have no stability.

Hopefully the NBC gets 2 or 3 years in the next collective bargaining agreement, would make the landscape a lot better imo as you would have coaches like Izzo actually going after top notch guys again.

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
212 - 03-07-2010, 10:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by {FSC}Godfather View Post
I have a lot of friends who grew up Kentucky fans who are also Purdue fans.

Definitely a contrast, Purdue has watched these kids grow up and get better year in and year out. We were robbed of our final 4 shot this year by a fluke twist of a knee, and seeing a guy youve watched for 3 years like that go down hurt.

They get a year of Wall and Cousins knowing they are gone, and admit its kind of a empty feeling in a lot of ways, sure they are glad the schools good again but they have no stability.

Hopefully the NBC gets 2 or 3 years in the next collective bargaining agreement, would make the landscape a lot better imo as you would have coaches like Izzo actually going after top notch guys again.
its not the oden, conley, wall, and cousin's that hurt when they go one and done. for osu it was daquan cook, kosta koufos, and bj mullens. its the guys who came in as highly touted freshman and just could not wait to start getting paid to ride the bench in the nba(cook gets playing time, the other two went pro way too soon).

I don't blame them really. its a ****ty rule and guys like oden and wall get caught up in it when they should be able to just skip college altogether. but when you get a player like koufos or bj mullens who come in for one year, play like, well, freshmen, then bolt before every developing to a point where they can really contribute to the team, thats a waste. its a waste of a scholarship that you could have given to somebody else that would develop for 3-4 years and its a waste of time. in a way i'm kind of glad BJ Mullens ended up in the NBDL this year, that way other players can kind of look at him and see that chasing the money after one year isn't the best idea.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
213 - 03-11-2010, 19:42
if anyone wants to watch some comedy, UNC - GT right now is hilarious

the two teams have started out shooting 0-14 and neither look even close to competent

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
214 - 03-11-2010, 19:53
and unc has a big lead...

hope onauku isn't seriously hurt...

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
215 - 03-11-2010, 19:56
and that lead should be even bigger

There were at least 5 or 6 easy lay-ups that they failed to make

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
216 - 03-11-2010, 20:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_uRotxG3Q

jj redick LOL

Spxnge
VeteranXV
Old
217 - 03-11-2010, 20:14

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
218 - 03-11-2010, 20:35
if you want to know how bad hewitt is as a coach:

Derrick Favors: 6-6, 16 points
Gani Lawal: 4-7, 10 points
Combined: 10-13 for 26 points

The rest of the team: 10-33 for 26 points

Out of those 33 shots, 16 were 3 point shots

Special---K
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
219 - 03-12-2010, 01:32
End of WVU - Cincy game was awesome
They are the highest seed left in the Big East tourney after 3 upsets

ASU's bubble looks like it just burst with that loss to Stanford

UCLA is still alive!

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 03-14-2010, 18:05
it ****ing pisses me off that Maryland and NC State choked and UNC sucked enough that Teflon Paul will be able to use to stick around another five years

Page 11 of 17

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [OFFICIAL] College Basketball 2009

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , women can't play sports